PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OFF and it's not going on until at least 1 October.....
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Still OFF. Nice and sunny in London.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Off here, it is lovely and sunny and the washing is blowing in the breeze.

Pollys x
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aha, another bonus of a sunny day....now that we don't need one imminently I've been able to book a chimney sweep to come in!

My father told me today its been the coldest summer on record since some time in the early ninties. I can well believe that.
  • Aarons_mummy
    Options
    It's been really chilly up here in scotland for almost the past month! I've relented and put the heating on 3 times so far. With a toddler in the house there is only so much layering you can do before it's useless. I have been putting extra in the meter though and have £30 extra stashed away for when the weather cools down that's not including some money I've been putting away in preperation.

I'm also on a getting ready winter mission and have been doing surveys and reviews like mad to raise the funds for an oil heater, halogen heater and thick curtains for the bedrooms. I bought the wee ones slanket the other day (in the sale of course) and I seen Asda are selling theirs for just £10 adult ones at the moment so will pick one up in the next couple of weeks before the price rises out of control.

I can't believe we're thinking of heating in August!
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It WAS sunny here, but then clouded over. But.....I can see clear skies in the distance, heading our way :) Which probably means that our apartment is as a hot as a sauna now!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    That is a sad thing that many pensioners will have to face this winter 'to heat or eat' I am lucky that I budget and always have extra tucked away for hard weather.With my osteo-arthritis if I get cold my joints stop working so I like to keep my hpuse at an even tempreture if I can.I have double thickness insulation in the roof and the walls are cavity filled and I have double galzing so it all helps to keep the bills down as much as possible as with food, enegry is saved as much as possible in my tiny cottage.But I do have friend who find life very difficult during the winter months.

its not just pensioners that face that choice
  • mrsr
    mrsr Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Warm sunny day,lets hope it carrys on for a bit
  • Beki88
    Beki88 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ours is off right now though I did have it on for a couple of hours the other night. Trying to leave it as long as possible with the price rises although spoke to BG today, my gas DD is going down by £12 and electric up by £15, though I always use loads of gas in the winter, and I know I will be in debit at that amount. Its daft how it all works!

Everything will be ok in the end, and if it isn't ok then it isn't the end :)
  • Drunken-Fool
    Options
    Beautiful day here in the north west. No heating on yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback