PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Going4TheDream
    Options
    Fortunately being in the midlands it is probably warmer than some of you living in colder climes at the moment. Was a bit cold last night after a lovely day but its sunny again today mine is still off and the washing is about to go on the line. I dont do cold either Hobsons Choice and have just had a rather large operation. I was dreading having it done later than mid August as I didnt want to be off work when it was really cold and have to have the heating on in the day....gosh it sounds really mean doesnt it but my budget doesn't stretch to such luxuries!! Am hoping to be back at work in 4 to 6 weeks before the cold weather gets here and then work can keep me warm during the day.
    Dont wait for your boat to come in 'Swim out and meet the bloody thing' ;)
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    off still i'm acually far too hot but i think thats cause i'm ill, it's abit grey here today but it's dry and looks like it's gonna stay that way :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ok, noone kick me after all my moping about it being too cold but.....its too hot today....
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Ok, noone kick me after all my moping about it being too cold but.....its too hot today....

I wouldn't know. I mean, I can see that it's sunny outside, but I'm sat in (what seems like) a permanently air conditioned office. So I spend all day feeling too cold, and then get hit with hot air when I leave the office.

*wishes she was sat outside, it looks sooooooooo nice*
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mines off but its getting cooler. I am sat with a blanket over my knees. I'd like to keep it off but I expect that DH will light the woodburner tomorrow.
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Heating? I have loads of windows open - we have a .... wait for it.... sunny, hot summers day here!!!!!!

I think I remember having one of these days once before...
  • Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    Today is lovely, but the other night I did put some heating on for a couple of hours as I was freezing... IN AUGUST!!! I wished that I had been able to avoid it.
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Our heating came on the other evening (thermostat set to about 15degs) but seeing as we only moved in last Friday at least we know it works but yesterday & today has been about 25degs out so we certainly don't need it on yet. I'm not too optimistic to leave it off after the beginning of Oct as baby due so might need it on for then.
    C xx
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well its been a gloriously sunny day here, i`ve dried three loads of washing so i`m happy. It`s still very warm, 19 degrees outside and 21 inside.

I was planning to try the heating to make sure that it worked as we`ve only tried the water side of things since it was serviced but that can wait.

I`ve had the back door and the windows open all day and i`ve no plans to close them for hours yet.

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Delectable
    Options
    Mines off. Had sunny weather down here mainly. Starting to get a bit chilly at night, so sticking to little cardis/shrugs over my summer things.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback