PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• cdodd
    cdodd Posts: 638 Forumite
    Options
    that is eaxctly how i am at the minute cat and laptop on knee, cats certainly do help to keep you warm! i also refuse to put the heating on in august despite being chilly it just doesn't seem right!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    ours is off, however we have certainly noticed in the mornings it is a bit chilly. we have a baby in the house of just 13 days old so it will prob go on earlier this yr than last. somehow tho it just seems wrong turning it on in aug no matter how cold it is.

We do tho have throws and blankets on the sofa .
  • jcr16
    Options
    whoops posted before finished,lol.

i'm also currently crocheting more blankets for the children so that keeps my lap nice and warm at night. all the children have lots of thick blankets at end of their beds incase they get cold at night.

and i have to admit i was so cold last week that i took our summer duvet off the bed (4.5tog) and put it on top of matteress under the fitted sheet and i got back our 13.5 tog winter duvet for our bed along with a throw. so apart from being woken at night for baby feeds, since the thick duvet gone back i've had best night sleeps ever. i am now nice and warm and snuggly.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    today I'm cold.

Daisy the cat is doing well...she's in a ball but she is on top of the covers one of mine is underneath the duvet upstairs on the bed, the other is running about.

The thing that marks it getting cold for me is hich windows are open. I almost never close the bedroom window when its not driving rain/snow in that direction, and the bathroom window (we have no other ventilation in the bathroom for a start!) but the other ''open all summer window'' which is the landing, is closed. :( I love fresh air, and airing the house in spring always feels so wonderful, but closing the wndows properly always feels rather depressing to me.

I'm having a nother cup of tea to try and warm me up a little now! Then some ore vigourous housework to warm up.
  • Flibsey
    Flibsey Posts: 579 Forumite
    Options
    for the first time in 6 years of living together, my husband was the first to cave and put the heating on. normally it's me and he has an iron will, but not this year. I was sat in a jumper, under a duvet and he went to the thermostat...yeeeehah! I win!
  • jcr16
    Options
    lostinrates i'm like you come hell or high water our bedroom window is always open even if just by an inch. i hate waking up in the morning and it feeling air less. so no matter how cold it is it will be open. yes i have the rad on so prob a complete waste of money but i don't like sleeping with window shut. the only time i have is when i saw a huge spider on the window sill, and no way did i want that coming through the open window.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our heating is off, but it's been close..
    We came back from Mallorca on Sunday where the temperatures were 38c+ everyday, we returned home to 11c!! We've been wrapped up on the sofa each night, but I wouldn't dream of turning on the CH in August.
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    My CH went on for 30 minutes last night just to check it was all working fine and I took the opportunity to air the bedding I'd washed. I wouldn't have bothered because it wasn't too cold but I wanted to check it before winter comes.

Dull, overcast and chilly here today. :(
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    off at the moment but I do put one of my knitted blankets around my legs in the evening to keep me warm,its usually when I feel a chill and I try to keep the heating for when its really cold and not just a bit of a nip in the air
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    off at the moment but I do put one of my knitted blankets around my legs in the evening to keep me warm,its usually when I feel a chill and I try to keep the heating for when its really cold and not just a bit of a nip in the air

Hey Glad you are back,did you have a great holiday?

My heating is off too, but I am so tempted .I am so cold,wrapped in
    fleece blanket, and its August! My birthday month, dont ever remember it being this cold. Have the pressure cooker on to make Stew, whereas , I really fancy a salad, still loads in garden.

I refuse to think that this is down to old age, despite what my DD tells, me think I am coming down with something so am self prescribing Brandy and hot milk, a big bowl of stew and a cuddle up in a duvet.

Hugs to all that need them.
    Slimming World at target
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport