PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chilly wake up this morning, heating has just been switched on for a couple of hours. Been mostly without for the past few weeks.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mines just flicked on too. Our forecast was thick fog but its clear as a whistle out there, but the car seems very iced up.

Will be wrapping the littlies up well on the school run today!!!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Options
    CH is on 1 hour early morning. no heating in the day and 5.30pm - 8.30pm.
    People home all day.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • hopps
    hopps Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    CH on for a quick blast,it's really icy and cold here Brrrr.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My Heating is ON! It's chilly.

Isn't it about time a new thread was started for this?
    115K Posts: 2,678 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad mine is on as it's chilly here. I can still see frost on the grass in the park outside the window.
    HOUSE MOVE FUND £16,000/ £19,000
    DECLUTTERING 2015 439 ITEMS
    “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.”
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    After yesterdays mild weather I thought I'd turn the heating off after a warm up this morning but one look out of the window told me to think again! Just took the bins out and put my coat and scarf on first, and pleased I did, it's ffffffreezing out there :eek:. So heating definitely on all day today.
  • Thriftkitten
    Options
    On the bubble wrap tip, I used a stash of mine to line my chickens run and then added some cladding, so hoping they are snuggly when they are shelterring from the rain. Heating off here, it did come on this morning but only to warm our cockles when getting dressed.
    The sun has been shining this morning although it now looks like midnight, so windows closed and lights back on... Hot water bottle on knee and cuppa in hand hmmmm stay snug peeps
    :T
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • shegar
    shegar Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    GCHeating on today , so far it hasnt been turned off yet........Whatever I go without, heating isnt one of them, I feel miserable when im cold ........
    I will probaly light the fire in the sitting room about tea time then I shall turn the gas heating off, the fire keeps the one room lovely and toasty , but during the day when I dont sit down and use all the rooms I want them warm.............Weve been very lucky with the weather this winter so far , so it doesnt hurt to put heating on when its needed..........
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    No heating on here, bedroom at 12 degrees and living room at 16.5 degrees. Can't stand being warm and had to throw the duvet off me last night.

Having a debate with DD, she once again has tonsillitis and claims it's because the house is so cold. I have told her she is less likely for germs to breed in the house as it's too chilly for them! :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback