Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• paddingtondoo
    Options
    Thanks Gemma & Rainmac & Peppop - My line manager rang me this evening (not the nasty witch I've to ring in the morning) and she was spitting chips about our team having to work longer and explain ourselves - our head of service has a 4x4 and has even sent someone to the bus station to see which buses are running - I'm not even attempting the 50 mile round trip by car especially as the buses on the same route have been cancelled and the route has a highways agency warning on it. I also have a cunning plan if she says I don't have enough work to do from here as she has some files that I could work on if she bothered to transfer them over for me ;)

Rainmac where on earth do you get the energy from - you make me feel tired just reading about it - am jealous that you can actually get out we're all fed up with each other's company. can't even order anything as the road to the post depot has been shut on and off for the last 2 days :rotfl::rotfl:
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    If I do manage to get into work tomorrow I'll copy some info about working and adverse weather conditions and those of you with little ones having to take time off because of school closures. It's from Sage so it's an industry standard. We've not had it as bad as some of you but the schools are closed and the bus down to this part of the village isn't running. It's stopped snowing now but it is expected to be -4C through the night.

Stay warm and safe and keep your fingers crossed that we don't lose our elastic trickery. It's been known in this type of weather. Just think, OH won't be able to make any more cakes. :mad: It's great this indoor diving! :D

need to go to bed, rainmac, you've fair worn me out!
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    ggggggoooood morning ladies on this freezing cold day. We have freezing fog this morning and ice on the inside of the windows :eek: I switched on the computer and the temperature for Doncaster was -16 :eek::eek: DH listened to the airport weather and at the moment it is -6 which made me feel quite warm lol. There has been no buses for 3 days and now the roads are icy with the compacted snow one has just slid past our house on the way to town!!! I think that might be the only one we see today.

Yesterday my DIL said there was no milk or bread in her supermarket and also the shelves were emptying fast. I have ordered asda online for Monday but we will have to see if we get it. We have 2x4pts of milk so we are being careful with it and have lots of flour and yeast in store for the breadmaker and both freezers full of food so I know we are ok.

Goodness knows when my Craftworks cards order will be able to be delivered. According to the post office nothing is moving in or out. Apologies to people who are waiting for parcels from me, I will post them as soon as possible.
  • ScattyJan
    ScattyJan Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my goodness all ou with all this snow - Very frosty here but no snow, I cant remember the last time the heating was off. . My friend in scotland has been completly cut off last few days. I have put a few piccies on my bl*g of my new craft room if anyone fancies a little look
    PONR Im glad to see you on my bl*g I hadnt seen you about this week
    Keep warm everyone
    love to you all
    xx
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ScattyJan wrote: »
    Artydoll
    end of top row here

xx

Thanks ordered 2 lots to go on with.:T
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,think i should go back to bed its minus 11 on my outside themometer attached to the window,brrrrrrrrrr.

This snow and ice must be getting to me as I posted a card on my thingy to enter OAP's ,let it shine' challenge,and it looks like the weather ,all icy and pale blue,brrrrrrrrrr again.

OAP. let me know if its suitable,ok heres a pic,

DSC01627.JPG

Dont it make you want to shiver.
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Rainmac I don't know how you cope with doing so much, I only have about 5 projects and my cards to complete and that's making me stressed!!

Paddington I hope stroppy boss lady doesn't give you too much grief, I know where I work it's up to the individual whether they take unpaid or annual leave no big deal. Although as we are so busy at the moment with the chaos caused by the snow the usual suspects have all gone sick ;)

Artydoll beautiful card, can I ask where the image is from? My niece is having a shoe themed chocolate present off me and that would be perfect

OH dug the car out of the drive last night, took him 6 attempts to wheel spin, slide it out of the drive, I have parked it on the road not what I like to do but there is no way I will get it off the ice rink that is now the drive

My road is snowy and icy this morning, I was driving around 20 mph and stopped because of a parked car on my side of the road and because I didn't want to crash into the car coming the opposite way and the car behind me beeped!! :mad:

Right going to have a quick tidy up then am off to bed
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no more snow but ice now:eek: boys' schools are open but luckily OH's is still closed so he drove to school. got all the way home, got to the top of our road as a car was coming up the hill so OH reversed - straight into a pile of snow. the car was stuck and OH spent ages digging it out:eek: so glad it was him not me.

mad frog on the way to school we stopped as there were parked cars and the car behind overtook us:eek:
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    artydoll Lovely card

MadFrog is a Jak Heath one and she's got a matching bag

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe. I need to get shopping at the weekend and I'm beginning to panic incase the shelves are bare :eek:
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bunbun :eek: Some people should have their driving license's revoked without appeal ;), it's always at times like those that I wish I had a blue flashy light I could stick on my car roof and fine the idiots

Artydoll thank you so much x

Well I have stuck 4 bits of gem on a card and made some soap presents no wonder I never get anything done when I am on nights, off now catch you all later
    ps
    PepPop
    my local store is brimming with stuff, avoid the large supermarkets and go to a small one, if you have any near you (my Tesco metro has lots of stuff in) but I hear the Asda which is huge but the other end of town to me is low in stock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure