Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• farmville
    farmville Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope you are all not snowed in!!! 9 inches we had when I last measured and more on the way...........gulp

Thank you all for the links, very kind of you, off to have a look :)
    2014 Swagbucks goal - £50/ £300 - 16/01/2014
    £100/£300 - 26/02/2014
    Sealed Pot #311
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning, just about, everyone. I went missing over the weekend as DD came for her Christmas visit. She was on her own as her children had other things they couldn't miss but it was lovely. We had a mini Christmas - wrapping presents, putting up and decorating the small twiggy tree in the lounge, etc. I wouldn't normally do the tree this early but it seemed right to do it as we wont be seeing her again until next year.

Seems like a lot has been going on while I've been AWOL and you all seem to have so much snow. We've been very lucky, only a sprinkling at the end of last week and that disappeared fairly quickly but we do have iced over remains, crunchy grass and patches of very solid sand on the beach! It's very cold yet we have the most glorious sunshine at the moment!

I've just waved DH off to his first radiotherapy session. His appointment for the dry run on Tuesday was cancelled when no transport turned up for him so he's having the dry run first followed by his first treatment today. Then he's back again tomorrow for another session. From Monday he will be an in-patient until Xmas Eve but allowed home at the weekends. I hope there's not too much snow where he's going, it's about 2 hours north of us, on the north Wales coast near Rhyl and I think they had snow forecast.

I've missed a lot of pages but I've tried to catch up a bit.

Well done OAP :T on your win, great new challenge.

Dragonllew Hope you get the phone call soon and you can fetch your DH back, drive safely.

Flourgirl Sewing kisses - how cute! Hope Willow enjoys it and you both have a lovely day. My GD has just started to learn to knit at Brownies but I think Mommy has actually done more than Molly!

Farmville :hello: Welcome to the thread.

Liz Sorry to hear about your OH. My son-in-law was made redundant a few weeks ago, he's been lucky enough to get a couple of interviews and has fingers crossed as he seems to think they went well.

CG Good to hear your mom is home, hope she's doing well.

Belated good wishes to the birthday girls, I know I sent three cards out last week so hopefully they all arrived.

Sorry if I've missed anyone out.

DS has had his date come through for his op (in the men's dept :o) and he will be a day case on CHRISTMAS EVE!!! Crickey, he's going to have an uncomfortable Christmas and their house is a bit manic with three children and two nutty dogs, plus we've been invited for the day (if OH is feeling up to it) so that will be two more adults and another dog!

I've managed to make a couple of entries on my thingy, I've still got a couple more I could do and will try to get around to it soon. Apologies for not keeping up with all your blogs, am trying and you'll see a few random comments here and there. When I'm A Celebrity finishes I'll be online in the evenings so may be able to catch up then.

Am off to do a bit of housework now and if I can face the cold I'll take Poppy for a run on the beach later.

Keep warm and safe everyone and if you don't mind please keep the snow to yourselves :rotfl: .
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    Craftworks Cards special today is.....

Back2Basics 6"x 6" Top Notch Cards in Cream for just £3 per pack for 50 cards until 9am tomorrow 6p a card, not bad I suppose

The special today at Wifey Towers is casserole in the pressure cooker!
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Now for the mammoth catch up!! ...

My challenge will finish tomorrow at 9pm ... this is using the free digi stamp I posted on my blog ... so far there are only 2 entries.

Flourgirl
    The-Wife

Have I missed anyone?
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Looks like my son and GD2 wont be coming for the weekend :(:(:(

Sorry your GD and son won't be coming :( what a dissapointment :( you were so looking forward to it! xx

Rainmac - Hope you can get to see your brother & SIL xx

Peppop - Thats bad, how can they refuse to pay you when it isn't your fault that you physically can't make it into work?

Lizza - Do you have a link to the new law? I can understand why they have done it as it is dangerous, I always clear off my car. But just wondering if it is real or just scaremongering?

OAP - Thankyou for the info re the die ... it was purchased last night and once it arrives will be put in OH's wardrobe as a christmassy pressy!
    Well done on your win!! :j well deserved!

Flourgirl - Is that a picture of Willow? she is so beautiful!

Lizza - Sorry to hear about your OH's job :( hope he finds something soon! ... Did you manage to get anywhere with all of the details I sent you to promote your blog? It took OH a couple of hours to dig out the stuff LOL

Padster - Glad your OH got home safely ...

Peppop - The sky christmas channel goes live on 2st December ... I have got a few films recording over the next 7 days to keep me/the kids occupied! :j I loooooove christmassy films!

ScattyJan - I saw the MM freebie, not that keen on this one? what do you think?

The-Wife - I saw Craftwork cards offer yesterday ... todays offer is 6x6 card blanks in cream for £3 a pack!! .... I reckon it is a good idea, but I would hate to spend postage everyday cause then it doesn't work out a good deal!! I am tempted by the card blanks though!

Rainmac - Want to come wrap all of my pressies? I love doing them in small batches, but never seem to find the time anymore!! GRR!

Lizza - For the Mo Manning freebie you must be a fan on facebook!

Dragonllew - Hope your DH gets on ok at the hospital

Bunbun - SNAP! both my kids are off school today, they were meant to finish at 2 yesterday but when I went to pick up DD we were told to go straight to the office to pick up older siblings! .... No news about tomorrow yet ... I don't think I will brave visiting you on saturday unless this weather changes ... I dont want to get stuck on your estate! LOL

OAP - Fab challenge, I will see what I can do today!

Tomsmum - Hope your DH's treatment goes well!! :)

Right time to go and craft ... I have blogged a card, and is you scroll down you will see pictures from our visit on the North Pole Express taken by OH. More cards to come over the next couple of days as I made 3 yesterday and hope to do more today!

Stay safe everyone! xx
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tomsmom Hope everything goes OK for your OH today. That's good news about your DS operation, he's gonna have a sore Christmas but at least he won't have to wait too long. Have fun on the beach with Poppy.

Wifey Your special sounds yummy! Dinner at yours tonight - I'll bring cake :D

I think I'm gonna fall out with my MIL - she told me earlier that the weather's to be like this on and off for the next 4 months :eek::eek: (not listening, not listening la la la not listening)
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rusty I know, that's what my works like - pathetic. It took one guy nearly three hours to get home on Monday night cos he gets the bus but they didn't even think of letting him go early. As long as they're safe in their big 4x4s they don't care about the rest of us.

So what's your favourite Christmas film - I love Scrooged and Santa Claus (the one with Dudley Moore)?
  • ScattyJan
    ScattyJan Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Rusty I totally agree with you - I looked at it and wasnt that keen and I love all her images , I think it looked like there was hair around the eyes or something it just didnt look right to me.
    Freezing here but no snow as yet.
    Ive been sorting out and tidying all my craft stuff, I cannot belive how much I have gathered in 11 months, and OMG I know I like stickles but did I really need all those colours/shades and then sparkles and glitters glues :rotfl:
    Shock horror I still need 35 promarkers!:eek: but I have some spares in sets which I won which are doubles will do some Candy after chrstmas
    xx
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all! have decided not to go home this lunchtime as it's been snowing all day and it's freeeezing, I really dont want to move! have left the heating on today for the cats so they dont get too cold! Our main roads are all clear but our little cul de-sac is very icy, not much of a build up of snow but just the frozen layers of ice are making it not too nice to drive on! at least we arent on a hill as I dont think it would be do-able! no post yesterday, hope we have some today as I'm waiting for a few crafty deliveries as well as some christmas pressies! hope everyones keeping safe and warm!

dragonllew hope everything goes OK for your OH x

rusty love your pics of the north pole express, how sweet :)
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    farmville wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me posting on here? I do read but erm don't contribute :(

I am really struggling to find papers & images/stamps for girls age range 7 - 10 ish. Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions of stamps etc?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Loads of backing papers here to print off.http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/carmim_photo/Backing%20Papers/?start=80
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty it turns out that there isn't a new law but i think it's still a good idea to clear the snow off as the police will stop you if your windscreen isn't clear

Tomsmum great to hear you had a good weekend with your daughter, hope your OH gets on ok, sorry to hear about the date for your sons op
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport