Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Oh DTB - thinking of you. Take care on your trip, and give your Gran an extra big hug from us. Thanks also for the info. I love your sympathy cards. Simple and understated, and won't take too long to make. ;)

PONR - I'd forgotten and hadn't tried the mat until I read your message. I did a hunt around to see what plates I needed to use, but couldn't see, so I tried the combinations below.

I tried A, B, stencil, card, mat and B on top and there was barely anything there. So I tried A, C, stencil, card, mat and B and what little embossing I did looked fab. It burst off the page like 3D. I was terrified I was going to break the bug though. It maybe because mine has hardly been used and a little stiff, but it could be because I the plates in the wrong order. *shrugs shoulders* I'll have another play tomorrow.

Does anyone with a cuttlebug know the correct sandwich for the metal embossing stencils please? Thanks a lot.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • lei_armstrong
    Options
    Omg you lot can talk! I've skimmed over the last 60 odd pages and had a quick look at blogs.

Melissa - welcome back and congratulations :D

Rusty - which Copics did you buy? Are you planning to replace your ProMarkers or use them together? The full set is £1600!!!

My holiday was lovely - it was so nice to get away and relax! I needed it after work told me what pay rise i'd be getting for my promotion then on my last day before my holiday turned round and siad it would actually be significantly lower :mad: then expected me to fix a problem on the Saturday!!!

Glad to see people are still planning on going to the NEC as I know a few people have already said they can't make it. I've booked the Friday off but haven't ordered by ticket yet...

Made a quick card last week which is in the normal place. I've got loads of ideas so hopefully will have the time to craft x
  • peechy
    peechy Posts: 236 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcomes. I just remembered it's world card making day tomorrow. Anyone planning to do anything? I hope to do some card making if I get the time.
    look after the pennies.....
  • pointofnoreturn
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Oh DTB - thinking of you. Take care on your trip, and give your Gran an extra big hug from us. Thanks also for the info. I love your sympathy cards. Simple and understated, and won't take too long to make. ;)

PONR - I'd forgotten and hadn't tried the mat until I read your message. I did a hunt around to see what plates I needed to use, but couldn't see, so I tried the combinations below.

I tried A, B, stencil, card, mat and B on top and there was barely anything there. So I tried A, C, stencil, card, mat and B and what little embossing I did looked fab. It burst off the page like 3D. I was terrified I was going to break the bug though. It maybe because mine has hardly been used and a little stiff, but it could be because I the plates in the wrong order. *shrugs shoulders* I'll have another play tomorrow.

Does anyone with a cuttlebug know the correct sandwich for the metal embossing stencils please? Thanks a lot.

I found this on the Nesties page so might be similar.

How do I emboss a Spellbinders Die Template in the CuttleBug™ by Provo Craft®? Create a sandwich laying #1 on the bottom and stacking the rest of the elements in order:
    A plate
    Spellbinders Die Template, cutting ridges up, paper in die
    One Spellbinders Tan Embossing Mat
    2 or 3 pieces of cardstock
    *Cautionary Note: Using more than 3 pieces of cardstock to shim Cuttlebug™ will result in B plate breakage. When using Spellbinders Edgeabilities® card making Die Templates, shim with only 2 pieces of cardstock.
    Two B plates
    Run through Cuttlebug™ machine. For added detail, turn die template over and stencil with colorant of choice.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Morning ladies, just catching up before starting on the house work, late shift yesterday so didnt get on last night - so want to send Mary belated birthday greetings - hope you had a lovely day xx

rainmac - hope your mum is recovering well ((hugs)) to her.xx

:T:Tto all the latest winners:T:T

:wave: newbies .

Right off to clean - I must not come back on here, I must not come back on here ;)
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi All,
    Washing is on the line,dont know for how long as it dont look too promising now.
    hoovering is done ,dishes are done,so now I,m bored.
    been looking at all your beautiful cards,they are soooooooo fabulous,your standards are so high .mine look positively carp.
    Dont feel up to crafting today,feel a bit off,if you know what I mean,need a shopping trip I think.lol.
    Did make a birthday card for a friends son ,last night,but haven.t blogged it yet as she looks on my blog.
    Hugs to all,thats enough moaning for now,be back later.
    xx
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2010 at 12:02PM
    Options
    Artydoll - you need a treat and a big bar of chocolate. Your cards are lovely, and whoever recieves them will think they're wonderful. Please don' be sad, as my DD2 says - don't be gloomy, be happy! :)

PONR - thanks for that, I don't suppose it mattered about the order it was in, but using only the 2 B plates left a gap and the B & C together were too thick. I definately needed the extra cardstock to shim. It looks brillliant - I can't wait to see the results you get, when you come home, I'm off to buy more stencils. lol. No, not yet, I have to play with my Madabout cards order and my sew easy first, and I'm suppoed to be on a stash ban :D
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Lyndach
    Lyndach Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone

Happy belated birthday to those I haven't wished it to, sorry I'm a lazy bum!

Can I ask if anyone can send me the birthday/address list I have lost mine somewhere in the crafty room. :D
    GC July: £0/£120
  • chocolate.orange_2
    Options
    Oh wow !! What alot ive missed

Congratulations to Melissa Ooooh 2 babies whilst on this thread .... You have been here a while lol

Welcome to all newbies too :)

Belated birthday wishes to maryop. I hope you had a lovely day

Glittermum Thankyou your stash arrived safe with me

Gemm So did your beautiful ATC and blog candy win. Thankyou sooo much

CT1972 Your card also arrived with me i did post but not sure if you seen it as ive not been here.

Congratulations to all winners and new DT positions....

Sorry if ive missed anyone else, ive only had a quick read. Been so tied up with behind the scenes DT work and dr has changed my nerve tabs and it doesnt agree with me :( So i spent 2 days this week lying down asleep.

Ive put the last stop 2010 Stash swap on CP . So if anyone wants to join in please feel free ;)

Sorry to read and dash but got sooo much to get done.. Oooh before i do dont forget theres an anything goes challenge over at OSAAT that finishes today and so if anyone fancies getting in there quick ;)
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    DTB - hope you visit to granny goes well

Lei - welcome back, glad you had a good holiday

Its lovely here today at the moment. Just got back from work, but it went really quickly, which is great. Washing is out on the line too.
    Must go and get lunch sorted now. Hugs to all. xx
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport