🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Flying Fresian - I have just blogged a christmas card - is it ok to link it to your challenge??
  • ScattyJan
    ScattyJan Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    Theres a really cute freebie here but it only lasts 24 hours so be quick
    xx
  • wanna-b-rich
    Options
    Evening ladies. Sorry I've been MIA lately, but life has been really hetic here (new Dt post asides), DH has been away on business for what seems ever. I also was asked to teach a class on Distress Inks and have now been invited back for a regular slot (didn't carp myself much then!!).

It's taken me a while to read though the old thread then this one. I'm typing from memory so huge apologies if I miss anyone, but it has taken me over an hour to read thru all the posts.

Dragonlew - hope your hubby is OK

Tomsmum - thanks for the heads up re my win. Glad Poppy's haircut went OK.

Mel - Congratulations hun, really pleased for you.

Mary OP and Giggle - I'm so sorry I've forgotton your birthdays - I hope you both had good ones.

Rusty - hope things improve

Soma - it was me that won the Sweetpea stamps

Madfrog - I got my ribbon from C&H fabrics, I noticed this week that they'd got a royal purple and gold in it too (rather yum)

Glittermum - was it today you went to the Artisans Show? If so, how did your workshop go?

Lei - I'm definately going to the NEC and am s'posed to be on a stash ban 'til then, but things keep jumping into my basket.

Rainmac - Glad you enjoyed AP, looks like you got some fab new stash. I love the baby boy card on your blog.

Hello and welcome to the newbies (so sorry can't remember names)

Marg - thanks for the updated list I am going to open it tonight so I don't miss anymore birthdays

PONR - I love your shopping updates, you'll have to blog some piccies of your cases!

Gemma - I can't remember if I've said it on here or not (so sorry if it's a repeat) Congrats on your DT post, really pleased for you. You're so not gonna have time to ever go back to work! :)

Once again I'm sorry if I've forgotton anyone, it's not intentional. Hugs to anyone who needs them. x
  • craftfairies
    Options
    wow you lot have been busy!!
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good evening
    i have been asked to make 2 cards on for my aunt for her granddaughters 1st christmas and the other is for my mum for her brothers 60th birthday will need to find some inspiration as although i go to card class every sat i haven't made a card at home for ages :o
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • jellybaby21
    Options
    Scatty Jan - Thanks for the link to the freebie, he is very cute and has the same name as my car!
    Hello to all the newbies, you'll love it here!
    I am feeling rather down this evening, I don't know what I'd do without card making as it really keeps me going :) xxxxx off to blog another fairy card now x
    Hmmm will add up debt and stick on on later!
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    Oh a shiny new thread. better say hello before all the chat is too much to catch up on.
    Congratulations to the winners on board aswell as the expectant mothers. Commiserations to L drivers & hugs to the poorly folk amongst us.
    I have been AWOL due to migraine but just nipped online for 20 mins some 1.5 hrs ago!!!!!
    Really off to bed now. Hope weather improves tomorrow as I've laundry coming out of my ears.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    I think I made more cards than anyone else here today! (Probably!)

I went to a Christmas card workshop where you got a pack to make 30 Christmas cards using Stampin' Up materials. It was quite fun, although a lot of the designs aren't really my taste - a bit too grown up. I like glitter! The biggest novelty was working on a table, instead of on a sofa with everything falling around me, getting annoyed because I can't find anything.

I also did a 'backwards' raffle, which went down really well and raised about £25 for my charities hardship fund. Yay!
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • DonnaMarie
    Options
    Good morning girls. Just caught up with last few days. Gosh this forum is busy.

Craftygranny thanks for the link to the klingon, been and bought some.

I still have a spare copy of 'Quick Cards' Issue No 79 - October. If anyone wants it just PM me and I'll send it out.

My shop closed on Thursday :( Just got a few last parcels to send out then I'm going to pack all the leftover stock away. I bet I'll have the biggest craft stash, lol. I'm going to just work my way through using it and put spares for sale on my blog.

Had a nice surprise the other day. Got an email from a well-known marker company offering sponsorship of my challenge blog. I was like a cheshire cat.

That's it from me for now. Catch up again later. ;)
    May Grocery Challenge: £127.47/£400

NSD May: 4/6
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone I know I am a stranger to many on here as I so rarely get to come on catch up and post!
    I hope all of you are well had a fab world card day yesterday.

I just wanted to pop on first thing this morning and say a huge thank you to some special people who have brightened my day......
    Rainmac, OAP, Soma, Marg and Addams.
    :A
    I am very touched by your thoughtfulness especially as I am so rarely here with you all and I am a stranger to most of you (poor Rainmac has met me in person!!)
    THANK YOU :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family