We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Free Sky Movies Weekend 29th-31st (1 channel)

Options

Comments

• plimsoll
    plimsoll Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Nusadan wrote: »
    Alas not, from my own experience, just before I cancelled my partner's full Sky subscription last summer, I recorded quite a few programmes, and just in the past week, when I returned to her place after several months away, these recorded shows would not play back as it showed I needed to be a subscriber to that channel in question...so I guess in your case if you are not a subscriber after that free weekend, you will not be able to watch these recorded shows...but you never know...

hmm wonder if that means we can sky+ programmes shown before that then watch over the weekend? worth a try....

also I'm sure the magazine said Disney Cinemagic would be available as well
  • plimsoll
    plimsoll Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    ahhh looks like they've added some cinemagic films to sky movies showcase....
  • chadders93
    Options
    Nusadan wrote: »
    Alas not, from my own experience, just before I cancelled my partner's full Sky subscription last summer, I recorded quite a few programmes, and just in the past week, when I returned to her place after several months away, these recorded shows would not play back as it showed I needed to be a subscriber to that channel in question...so I guess in your case if you are not a subscriber after that free weekend, you will not be able to watch these recorded shows...but you never know...

On another note in the same vein, my partner got a phone call from Sky offering 20 quid a month just for Sky Sports, 3 weeks ago, but as I was not coming back for another couple weeks, she staved them off...and upon my return, she rang them, and was told that the offer was gone...and back to full price of 50 odd pounds...but she called their bluff and eventually, to cut the story short, got me Sky sports for the 20 quid a month!!!! No wonder I am going to marry her in Austria on Xmas Eve! :T
    When they ran the free movies weekend last year i recorded alot of the films and then watched them a week later without any problems. The reason why you could not watch any of your recorded programs is because when u cancel your sky subscription, sky send a signal to your box telling it to automatically disable all recording and playback features of the box. If you want to use the recording and playback features without having a sky subscription you would have had to pay £9.99 a month. As long as you have a sky subscription u can watch any programs u have recorded. However if u cancel your sky subscription, sky will disable the sky plus features of the box, including the ability to watch recorded programs.
  • kahunababy
    Options
    Sorry for bothering you all but am I right in thinking this offer is on available to Virgin subscribers also? There are some films my boys would love to see but we are Virgin users.
    Thanks for any help
    Just little old me!
  • jayjay70
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can Skyplus the movies to keep and watch at a later date?:T
  • jayjay70
    Options
    Sorry! Just seen question already asked and replied to!!!
  • rhiannon1234
    Options
    Jammygal wrote: »
    I wondered this and went over to the digital forums to find out and apparently you should be able to ;)
    Oooh goody!:)
  • rhiannon1234
    Options
    Also:

It is Sky Movies Screen 1/Screen 1 HD ONLY! and will include the following movies

Enchanted
    The Incredible Hulk
    National Treasure: Book Of Secrets
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall
    Atonement
    Lions For Lambs
    The Game Plan
    Superhero Movie
    The Mist
    Breakfast At Tiffany's
    Zulu
    Bad Boys
    The Godfather
    X-Men
    The Usual Suspects
    Big
    Sleepless In Seattle
    West Side Story
    Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
    Is it these films as well as the ones Martin has listed?
  • catnamedog
    Options
    We have the Virgin package. Looking at the dross that is the free weekend, it seems that Sky continues to give nothing away, but charges a lot for mediocre, very old films.
    I certainly won't be changing back to Sky!
  • coffee_king
    Options
    I take it ANYONE with a satellite set up can get these as they are just taking off the encryption off that channel whether your in the UK or not?
    So with FREESAT you would just switch to NONE FREE SAT MODE, tune (if you havn't already done so) and watch?

Can anyone confirm?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family