PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

slow cooker quick questions thread

Options

Comments

• Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My chicken was lovely - and plenty of meat juices ran out of it so I will not add so much stock - if any at all next time. Juts have to hold back from picking at it before lunchtime...
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • debbie26pet
    Options
    hi i normaly put full chicken in with warm water in kettle on from about 10 ish in mornin med by 5 at night its def ready let me know how yours turn out would be nice to try somethin different
  • bizzylizzy
    Options
    Probably a silly question but...... I am going to make a chicken casserole in the slow cooker using chicken thighs but fussy DD won't eat it . However she will eat plain chicken so - can I cook a chicken breast wrapped in foil (perhaps in a dish too) in with the casserole? Otherwise it means cooking it in the oven on it's own. :rolleyes:
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi bizzylizzy,

Yes that will be absolutely fine. I've often popped other things into the slow cooker when I'm making a casserole.....just remember not to mix sweet with savoury as they do take on the flavour of the other food.

Pink
  • bizzylizzy
    Options
    Hi bizzylizzy,

Yes that will be absolutely fine. I've often popped other things into the slow cooker when I'm making a casserole.....just remember not to mix sweet with savoury as they do take on the flavour of the other food.

Pink

Thanks, should I put it in a dish too?
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bizzylizzy wrote:
    Thanks, should I put it in a dish too?

Yes I would if it will fit, otherwise the sauce may leak into it and put her off.

Pink
  • Gaia
    Gaia Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can download a free e-book of recipes from here:
    http://www.floodle.net/extra/ebayinfo/slow_cooker.html
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." Anon.
  • bizzylizzy
    Options
    Hi bizzylizzy,

Pink

Thank you Pink, I tried this today and both casserole and plain chicken cooked really well. :j
    I also tried "Chicken Tonight" as the sauce in the casserole (usually do my own with stock cube, herbs etc) and it was yummy, very creamy.
    So 2 new things tried and both successful!
    Thank you everyone for all the tips and ideas on here :smiley:
  • nickinoodle_2
    Options
    Morning all. I have recently purchased a Slow Cooker, and wanted to try doing a Roast Chicken in it. I assume I put it in whole, uncooked? and If I put it on low all day would this be long enough?
    My main question is, do I put any liquid in with it? :confused:

Also thinking about it! does anyone have a recipe for HM Yorkshire puddings too? Would go nicely with it! :)

Thank you
  • PONDSAVER_2
    Options
    I have just put a whole chicken in my SC this am I had to press on it abit to close the lid!!!

I don't think you have to put water in with it as the juices come out of the chicken but I put a slight covering of hot water on the bottom to help it on its way and I want to save the stock for some soup later on in the week.

Hope it turn out OK
    Lightbulb moment 10-06-06
    Total debt £36,996.70 June 2006
    Total debt approx £33,000 Oct 2006
    Jan 07....to be worked out but may have gone up GULP:confused: :mad: :eek:
    DFD March 2011
    DFW Nerd 111

19 jan 23 feb 5 weeks:( - grocery challenge £250
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories