We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…456457459461462…907

Comments

  • I really fancy a chicken and salad cream sandwich. We have neither in the house :(
  • I'm a bit miffed... Was supposed to have a driving lesson at 10:15 and she hasn't turned up :( Hubby's gone off to town and we could have all gone together...

    Also... I ordered a couple of the brick trucks from Mothercare for my two baby nephews... Bulked it out with a couple of other bits to break the free delivery threshold... And despite the money being held back in my account for a couple of days, they haven't taken it, it's become part of the available balance again... What's going on there?!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Evansangel wrote: »
    I really fancy a chicken and salad cream sandwich. We have neither in the house :(


    And now so do I, and salad cream is not sold in Germany :angry:

    I do have a cherry banana milkshake though, nomnomnom.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    OMG :eek: doner kebab I NEED ONE

    The chinese chippy down our road is the only place in the world that sells doner kebabs that are edible when sober. :rotfl:

    The recipie in this book has come highly recommended, and it's oven baked so shouldn't be too greasy.

    I could PM it to you if you want to try.


    SugarSpun wrote: »
    3, do any of your friends/family have kids of a similar age? A 3 for 2 on Scuttlebugs and all cousins having the same gift would be both :cool: and :money:
    Only one RL friend with a similar aged girl, who's present i've already got.

    Now, if two people here, who are coming to monkey forest wanted one, they would be £12.50 each. :money:
    Does someone have a link to the takeaway book?
    <<Snip>>
    3, I think our monkeys should not get together on Wednesday... Think of the horrors they could teach each other!!

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takeaway-Secret-Cook-Favourite-Fast-food/dp/0716022354

    I was considering swapping V for a monkey, they'd never notice. :rotfl:
    :beer:
  • dt1_2
    dt1_2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Morning all, hugs for all poorly and tired people. xx
    Just need to rant so ignore if you want.
    DS1 married in November 2009, had to come home last night after his wife posted on facebook that he was physically and mentally abusing her.:mad: But she is happy to stay at the marital home with him, and will not stay at her mums so he can work his 2 week notice. He lives an hour away from us and does not drive. I know there are 2 sides to every story but I also know she has given him reason to be suspicous, i.e walkinf out after an arguement over a bloke and then staying with said bloke overnight. He has admitted to me that he grabbed her arm to get her phone off her to see who she had been talking to. But IF he was physically abusing her why is she happy to spend the next 2 weeks in the same house as him???
    DH has taken him back today to see if he can pick up his clothes and bike and to see if his work will allow him to take 2 weeks of his holiday as his notice.
    Sorry just going round and round in my head.
    DS1 1989 - DD 1994 - DS2 -2009
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    dt1 How horrible for him (and you). :(

    Can he not just stay there for two weeks - if she doens't like it she can b00ger off.
    :beer:
  • 3onitsway wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takeaway-Secret-Cook-Favourite-Fast-food/dp/0716022354

    I was considering swapping V for a monkey, they'd never notice. :rotfl:
    Thank you :)

    And I think the monkeys are only little... I recon I'd stand a better chance at swapping Caitlyn ;)

    What a terrible situation Dt, I hope he can sort something out!!

    Sugar, Saturday kitchen just had a German Master Pastry chef on... The cake cooked on a skewer looks nice :p

    They also just made meringues... I wonder if D's been to Greggs yet...:cool:
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • SugarSpun wrote: »
    And now so do I, and salad cream is not sold in Germany :angry:

    I do have a cherry banana milkshake though, nomnomnom.

    _pale_ Cherrys are yukky :p

    Why isn't it sold there? Its wonderful.

    I went off it for years thinking i prefered Mayo, then i had some at ILs and it was very nomnomnom :D
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    dt1 how horrible for your son - but in his position I would probably stay there and let her go elsewhere if she's unhappy about him being there.

    3, does your friend want to buy a scuttlebug or can she be convinced she does?

    No idea EA :(

    Krystal, the Germans are mad for putting things on sticks. Steckerlfisch is a mackerel skewered and cooked over coals, standard in biergartens but the smell makes me _pale_
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • dt1_2
    dt1_2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    3onitsway wrote: »
    dt1 How horrible for him (and you). :(

    Can he not just stay there for two weeks - if she doens't like it she can b00ger off.

    I am worried if he stays that she is going to accuse him of other things, they cannot be in the same room without arguing.
    DS1 1989 - DD 1994 - DS2 -2009
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.