We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 14
Comments
-
A good hour of cuddle time before bed might help. Cuddled on the sofa then a cuddle in bed with a book and then it's bedtime. Night lights help a lot I've found, they don't always know that they are afraid of the dark. Definitely get a baby gate!
Try not give him cuddles, or maybe at first give him a quick cuddle in the room but not the bed?
More later... DH is talking aboiut the car...0 -
We do the shhhing thing.
I once recorded my 'Shhhh' and played it on repeat so i could sleep
0 -
:rotfl: Genius!Evansangel wrote: »We do the shhhing thing.
I once recording my 'Shhhh' and played it on repeat so i could sleep
Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"0 -
Thanks for all the welcome backs :AAless - what annoys me is that he did drop it and was sleeping from 8 - 6.30 but then he had a bit of a tummy upset (you prob remember me mentioning it at the time) and he was waking twice a night (after the initial bad day) with a dirty nappy. We got him back down after the first one but I was feeding him after the second (party coz I was worried about dehydration!) and ever since then he's waking at 4 again

ETA GISI - that is exactly what happened a couple of months back, it did just get later and later until it was 6.30. Altho I guess as he's approaching the weaning age it could be that he's hungrier now.
Michelle - not as impressive as it sounds as I have been fortunate enough not to go through what you are now with A. I've not had more than one night feed since we started T's routine at 8 weeks, so I can express knowing I won't have to feed him again until 4am. I don't know what I'll do if I have a non sleeper next time round!
This is what happened with us Gill, we had quite some time of sleeping til 5am before full sleeping though 8-8. Then when we went away to Scotland he woke up every night and I fed him cos it was the easiest thing to do
Then we had another few weeks of waking after we got home, then a couple of nights we tried feeding first time, then 2nd time DH went in for a 2 min cuddle then put him back down and he went to sleep. Then he went back to sleeping through. So T might just go back to normal, or give it a week or so and then maybe try letting DH give a quick cuddle. *shrugs*
Crikey, I had completely forgotten about monkey forest
I will have to re-check as there's a lot going on here just now 
Ladybird, or anyone else, do you have a recipe for apple jelly that uses actual apples and not cider? I want to make apple and thyme jelly but can't find a recipe.0 -
I've had to remove my baby [STRIKE]monkey[/STRIKE] daughter from the dining table about 300 times already this morning.
I wish she'd find a new favorite thing to do.
We've already got the chairs up on the table in an end-of-the-school-day style, but she's finding other things to use to climb up. :mad:
I forgot to report on our Costco visit. They had quite a few toys in stock - but the prices were similar to Argos, so the 3 for 2 would work out better at the moment.
I want to order the Scuttlebug, but am struggling to find two things for around £20 in stock, that we need/want.
Em I got the takeaway secret book yesterday. I think i'm going to do a batch of the basic curry sauce today, and make Garlic Chilli Chicken tonight (it's our favorite from the Indian takeaway). OH is very excited about the doner kebab too.:beer:0 -
Morning all, hugs to everyone who needs them
Sj yay for alfie doing 6 steps!!!!, thats awesomeDebt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid OffMortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
£79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off
Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20
Asda Savings - £0
POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80
~ Emergency Savings: £0
My Debt Free Diary (Link)0 -
I've had to remove my baby [STRIKE]monkey[/STRIKE] daughter from the dining table about 300 times already this morning.
I wish she'd find a new favorite thing to do.
We've already got the chairs up on the table in an end-of-the-school-day style, but she's finding other things to use to climb up. :mad:
I forgot to report on our Costco visit. They had quite a few toys in stock - but the prices were similar to Argos, so the 3 for 2 would work out better at the moment.
I want to order the Scuttlebug, but am struggling to find two things for around £20 in stock, that we need/want.
Em I got the takeaway secret book yesterday. I think i'm going to do a batch of the basic curry sauce today, and make Garlic Chilli Chicken tonight (it's our favorite from the Indian takeaway). OH is very excited about the doner kebab too.
OMG :eek: doner kebab I NEED ONEMam 2 Big E Nov 4 & Little A June 10:happylove0 -
Hello SJ and welcome back
And :j for Alfie's cruising!
The anti-histamine seems to have taken the horrors out of my bites, but now Molly has two as well and as soon as Husband gets back from the Turkish butchers we're patrolling to Kill The Mosquito.
3, do any of your friends/family have kids of a similar age? A 3 for 2 on Scuttlebugs and all cousins having the same gift would be both :cool: and :money:Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
I've spoke to my mam, Elliot had a really bad night, had a bottle at 11.45am had 7ozs but was sick downstairs and then again in his cot, he screamed on till 2am, mam had to go in and re dummy him loads and had to rock him to sleep twice, then he got up at 6.30 so mam is shattered, she says he's snuffly so i think he's gotteig or has a coldDebt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid OffMortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
£79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off
Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20
Asda Savings - £0
POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80
~ Emergency Savings: £0
My Debt Free Diary (Link)0 -
Does someone have a link to the takeaway book?
I don't think you're doing anything wrong at all, and in exactly the same situation as you I did exactly the same thing... This is just MY opinion... But if all my child wants is a cuddle, I'm not going to deny her a cuddle... Aimee needed quick cuddles in the night until she was around 3 1/2, not every night and some nights more cuddles than others... I was probably naughtier than you in that I also used to bring her in bed with me to sleep... As she got older I found that she was a lot easier to reason with and I could give her a cuddle and get back to bed really quickly... Also, she would come into my room for a cuddle and I could then send her back to her own bed with barely waking up...maybe I am doing something 'wrong' compared to the successful ones!
Something I've experienced with Caitlyn the last 2 nights though, she's woken up about an hour after bed time and she's been fine having a cuddle and all snuggled in but absolutely inconsolable as soon as you put her down in the cot... What I resorted to last night, rather than picking her up, I leant over the cot and cuddled her without picking her up and then lay her down, held her down and got right down on the floor next to the cot, she settled a lot quicker than the night before... Maybe you could try getting right down next to E's bed and hugging him when he's laying down as maybe a way to stop him getting up in his bed?
Jam, Aimee used to cry until she was sick... I literally couldn't leave the room when she was upset...
Caitlyn was with us until well after her 1st birthday and if we only had 1 bedroom we'd have happily kept her in longer... But sharing a bedroom with the toddler wasn't a problem for us at allOh and on the sleeping/own room issue, how long is the longest you kept LO in your room? Only having one bedroom we are a lil stuck here I'm just hoping it doesnt cause an issue when we eventually get a bigger place.
Michelle, I was going to suggest tutoring too... A friend of mine tutors children to pass the exams into the grammar school...
3, I think our monkeys should not get together on Wednesday... Think of the horrors they could teach each other!!
Incidentally... Are we taking packed lunches or eating in the restaurant there? I don't mind either way...
A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
