We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…421422424426427…907

Comments

  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    secret santa Kindof

    My BIL is a genius and he designed a system whereby once I typed in all the names, kiddies and ages etc it automatically pairs them for me......
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Alex had 3 injections today. 2 Boosters and the MMR. No 12 month check here either.


    Evening all
    C's 12 month check is nationally the 8-12 month check (so I am told and the paper work says) but our trust does it at 12 months to stop lots 'failing' it and having to be recalled.

    Am a bit fed up my doc's haven't told me to book in for C's jabs. Am back at work a week on Monday and don't want to be having time off - would have rather had them out of the way next week. Will call them tomoz and se if they can fit me in.

    CAFC - are we actually gonna be 'paired up' so we know who bought for us or will it just be random people with babies a similar age? No worries either way but I always thought you were just told who you were buying for but that didn't also mean they were buying for you IYKWIM?

    Can't remember much else bar special hugs for Mel and Michelle and general hugs all round xxx
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Amber hasn't had her 8-12month check at all. But has had her jabs.
  • Caitlyn didn't have a check either, they stopped them in our area while she was the right age... Think they might be doing them again now though...

    We still got our boosters and mmr though...

    We're having an amazing thunderstorm here... It's making the window shake! And the drain next door has blocked so the car park is all flooded... Hope it's gone down by tomorrow...

    Edit: That thunder was so loud it's set off house alarms!!! Made me jump anawl...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    JAM1376 wrote: »

    CAFC - are we actually gonna be 'paired up' so we know who bought for us or will it just be random people with babies a similar age? No worries either way but I always thought you were just told who you were buying for but that didn't also mean they were buying for you IYKWIM?

    Ahhh see this is where the brilliance of the spreadsheet lies.....

    You're not paired exactly, you're more "assigned" so its more like traditional secret santa....
    Imagine pulling a name from a hat..... thats what the spreadsheet has done:rotfl:

    So you'll ne'er know who buys for you, only who you're buying for :T
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    621641.jpg
    how cute is this?
  • JAM1376
    JAM1376 Posts: 566 Forumite
    I think the check will be a waste of time mostly and C can do everything on the questionaire but I am looking forward to answering 'yes' to 'is she still BF?' cos I want to see if the drippy HV comments after my last convo with her months ago (if it's the same one) :D:rotfl::p

    ETA Hoorah CAFC - thats fab and am very excited now - love picking pressies xxx
    My baby girl :kisses3: September 09 :heartsmil
  • ((HUGS)) Michelle - it honestly does get better.

    This is in no means meant as a criticism (neither am I suggesting that you should be ar5ed to search through our posts ;)) but believe me that very soon you will have a grown up girl who doesn't want to spend 2 minutes cuddling you because she has much more fun stuff to be getting up to. It doesn't make it any less draining but try to enjoy her babyhood whilst it lasts - your only job ATM is to make sure your beautiful girl is fed and happy, and whilst sometimes it feels like the hardest thing in the world you are doing a fantastic job xx

    Have you got lansinoh for those nipples?
    .

    Thanks, I am trying to put it into perspective. :) She is gorgeous and a very calm baby so I am very lucky in that respect. I might just try to put my feelings/tiredness to one side until this time next week and see how I feel then. If its the same then I may need to get DH to do some of the feeds- possibly only at the weekend though. He is currently running me a bath after handing me a small alcoholic beverage. :p

    Thanks to others for advice too... I appreciate it!

    And... CAFC, the fairies came and Im very grateful, theyre lovely!:A DH thinks so too and I am sure A will once shes wrapped up.

    Speaking of fairies; I have the following vouchers from my newborn bounty pack that came today (a bit late like, was supposed to get it in hospital!). Please PM me your add if you would like:
    2 pound off any size 3 huggies
    50p off huggies wipes
    2 pound off Huggies newborn size 2

    I have also got a few other things, random bits and bobs. Will sort piccies now.
    First baby born 10/06/10
    :heartpuls 6lb 10z:heartpuls
    I love my little family
  • I so want to slap OH. Alexs bag was on the table and his coat on a chair. So OCD man flipped and is apparently sick of cleaning. The fact that his stuff is all over the table seems to have past him by. He walked in and had spag bol and garlic bread handed to him and his a5s is now stuck to the couch. Whilst WM has cooked said spag bol, wrestled the jumperoo to pieces, put wash in then in the dryer. Put jumperoo back together. Done bath, bottle, bed with Alex, spellings with Joe and sorted alexs bag for tomorrow. And I seem to have done it
    all through astral projection because he thinks
    ive been sat down since I came in.

    Ranty, ranty, rant.....
    D
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Awww w'mummy... that sucks

    Could perhaps accidentally on purpose tip up the edge of his plate sending spag bog all down his shirt?

    Michelle Glad they turned up, hope they fit ok, and she gets some wear out of them :) Glad your DH is happy too....
    Wealth is not measured by currency
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.