We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 14
Comments
-
Hey everyone.
We went to Paultons Park today, i went on some of the small rides and it was very good
I've been catching up whilst on the coach and have forgotten everything now im at home :rotfl:
SS, i hope your boob feels better soon
0 -
*hugs* for Rmac too. I echo what everyone else has said.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that the clasp had broken on T's amber necklace. I emailed the seller asking for a new clasp and heard nothing back. Yesterday I got a whole new necklace so very pleased. would highly recommend him now
QUOTE]
glad it got sorted - ours has really helped things.ladybirdintheuk wrote: »Oh - I had a question for those of you with bigger kids too - I'm trying to work out what to get Izzy for Christmas/Birthday. (She will be 2 just after Christmas)... i want to get things from us that we can put asside and get out later in the year, as I'm assuming she will get loads of new stuff at once, so I will put some things away so they can be new again later on. I'm a bit stumped for ideas, as I don't know what she will be into by then. We're going to go have a look in the early learning centre sale later, and probably get a happyland set, but what else? I don't know if a pairs game/dominoes would be too advanced and better for the following year? Or maybe some kind of flash cards? I'm lost, help!
A is getting the ELC wooden kitchen and teaset. from santa while the 20% offer is on
(in case you didn't know a 20% coupon comes on muller little fromage frais/yogs etc and is valis until end Oct 2010) We've also suggested a bedding set for when she moves into a bed, a trunki and trunki bag, some duplo and things for up to age 3 that we can put in the cupboard as you suggested.
A already has quite a lot of happyland and its brilliant - the favourite toy in our house. (I like it too!).
Millies mum - thaank you. that reasuures me. I don't want A to be one of those 6 and 7 year olds you are talking about
Glad to hear that its normal and think yor avice is great. I think sometimes I forget the pick your battles one! Although I have just found that she has drawn on hte hall wall I have no idea when it was (in last 24hrs) or where the pencil came from (but must have left it in her reach) can't possibly expect her to understand a telling off now - so letting it go (slowly!).
hubby came home last night with the supernanny book for me :rotfl:
SS - if your boobies haven't 'cleared' then why not ask at your local clinic?
tarajayne - what a shame for your DD. I was about 15 or so, but my friend started at 9 and was terrified
I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this responser.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
0 -
Sugar, get a warm flannel, hold it on the lumpy part and gentley smooth towards your nipple... Essentially pushing the blockage out... Whenever Molly feeds massage the lumpy part in the same way... It might be uncomfortable but you need to get the milk moving through the blocked part or it will get worse...A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0 -
We don't have a local clinic MacSmiler, or my boob and I would have been down there this afternoon

I caught sight of my reflection in a shop window as I was crossing the street and only one boob was bouncing
Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
:grouphug: Dodgy hugs all around.
Very pleased with Sophie, took her to get weighed and she's now 10 pound 7oz! That's 4 pounds since she was born, and she's almost on the 25th percentile!
Very dopy mummy though, packed her a nappy and forgot a wrap for it, so she'd piddled all over her clothes by the time we got back. Even worse, I forgot her birthday, and told them her due date, which was 10 days later
I also forgot my rain coat, so got drenched and the milk...so I'm obviously good at bulking up babies, but not much else today.
:heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
2/07/2010
0 -
Thanks Krystal, but how do I massage it without breaking her latch?Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
Three gifts left to buy0 -
Krystaltips wrote: »I wanted to share something about Aimee actually, it's probably really inane... But it made me feel good...
She left her lunchbox in my friends car on Friday morning so she didn't have any lunch... She just went off to the dinner hall and queued up with the school dinners and told the dinner lady when she got there that she'd forgotten her lunch so she didn't have any money... They were obviously quite happy to feed her... But afterwards, when she told me, it made me think back to how I was in infant school... If something like that had happened to me, there was no way I would have just gone off the have a school dinner. I would have probably just sat there with no food until someone noticed (or not...) I did not have any confidence to speak to grown ups until I was a lot older... So I'm really proud that she has so much confidence she can deal with a situation like that
I am so impressed with how sensible she was. You must be really proud - I would be too :jI wonder if Daddies tend to be softer because they spend less time with the child and therefore don't have to deal with the consequences of inconsistency or being soft. Fortunately Alice's screaming fits when out usually start at the top of the garden path on the way home so I can just put my hand over her mouth and carry her in.
And :grouphug: for you and Charlotte - it must be a hard adjustment to make.
totally susan - My DH even said that! He doesn't like to put her down in her cot in case she sees him as 'the bad guy' and he'd rather me have that image. I just told him to stop bieng daft, they had a great bond and boundaries will help her see him as an authorative figure in teh future, but not make her love him any less. It was a genuine worry for him that by doing the nnot fun stuff he wasn't around to do 'enough' fun stuff to balance it out.
I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this responser.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
0 -
Weezl - My PM box is open too...I also just took the online test, it came out higher than your score, and I am on flaming meds!!!!
I have two of ds1's mates round today, they have been a bit hypo but seem to have calmed down now, and are playing on the consoles in the bedroom....
Weather is CRAZY here, it goes from boiling hot to gale force winds to torrential rain in seconds and is constantly changing!!!!!!!!!!
T had jabs today, she has been a bit grumpy and a bit sleepy since:(Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.0 -
Hi Aless....I think you were on holidays when I posted up piccies of Alton towers, I didn't get many though cos I always spend too much time enjoying myself and forget to get the phone/camera out!! Fun was had by all, and both boys wrote about it when they went back to school and did the 'what did you do in the holidays' question:DUnless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.0 -
Weezl i have been put on new AD and they make me feel awful and i have had side effects with this one
i Do rate the CPN and the counselling i am attending, i think that it has made a huge difference to me whereas the drugs alone wouldnt have helped. My last session went so fast that we didnt have time to go over that weeks work, i went over my worries, fears and anxiety and afterwards i felt as though a weight had been lifted. I feel very comfortable with the woman i see and i have put a lot into the sessions and recieved much more back, she will go into detail and listen to me explaining my thinking errors and teaching me how to change.
Do you get any 'me' time? i have a thursday to myself and its fantastic, the one day of the week i can focus on getting too especially if its been a hard week. Please PM if you want any other info or a chat (sorry for the ramble x)
hugs - though I'm very jealous of your 'me' time
I think i've managed to plan in a bit more for myself starting this weekend. DH giving me the day to myself for haircut/shopping then going out with friends. Holiday the week after (without LO) and then I'm going to be doing a japanese cookery course every tuesday evening. DH is relly trying to help think he's getting the message!weezl - is there such a thing as telephone counselling? Because obviously then you would only have the actual time spent in counselling rather than all the travel etc. so could be more feasible timewise.
hmm - i'd be interested in hearing about a sevice like this.
I was given ADs and found they didn't help me, just made me fuzzy - but realised that it wasn't PND just problems in my marriage caused by the arrival of a baby and our first real relationship 'test'. All worked out, but useful info to have to hand.I think I'm more interested in Numberjacks than Alice is - she's informed me that the bookcase was in a mess and she is sorting it out.
Susan - I am so pleased to hear that you and ALice watch TV. I know that sounds daft - but I think your a great mum and like your advice etc but you've never made a TV ref before and I did wonder :rotfl: *BTW that wasn't meant to be cheeky*
I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this responser.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
