We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…259260262264265…907

Comments

  • Periods and foof wiping, makes me glad I have boys. But then again both of mine have suffered with poor Seths widgey problem. Lifes just one long cycle of medicine, creams, ointments and plasters. Good job we love um......

    Actual Money Saving post. Sainsburys currently have 1/3 off toy sale online at the moment.
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I scored 15 on the edinburgh pnd test the other day, self administered, and it says above 10 consult a gp, but i don't really want to take a regular anti-depressant as i think they can be a bit sedating.
    I've sent you a PM.

    ETA: No I haven't - your inbox is full - I'll try Facebook.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    In Aimee's case, come home with pretty patterned undercrackers and a festering water infection... But there was an issue with her holding too long and having accidents at the time too...
    Children at nursery hold it in :p or they don't clean very well and it goes on their knickers I suppose. It's funny, I was having a conversation with a woman on my mums street, her daughter is 2 months older than Keira, and apparently she never ever manages to clean her bum properly, and she just dreads a phone call from school (as she is in school now) telling her to go in, as her pants can end up really mucky. She has one as soon as she gets back from school though :rotfl:
    I said, "They probably have dirty bottoms." so pretty similar. I can now inform him that I was correct.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    thanks buttons and susan :) xx

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    weezl74 wrote: »
    tee hee

    I think talking would probably be better.

    I'm struggling to balance out the loss of time it would mean of DH having the boys (2 hrs ish) to get to a counsellor and back. The 2 hrs feels so desperately needed in other areas like a nap, doing the finances, and so on. I think I would rather talk to friends at this stage. I wouldn't rule it out tho, and I don't mind you saying at all, and thanks! :). Counsellors are allowed to feel depressed IMHO, just like GPs are allowed to have a cold, and dustbinmen are allowed to chuck away teabags. :D[/FONT]
    My PM box has plenty of space - I just cleared it out on Monday.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2010 at 3:25PM
    Weezl i have been put on new AD and they make me feel awful and i have had side effects with this one :( i Do rate the CPN and the counselling i am attending, i think that it has made a huge difference to me whereas the drugs alone wouldnt have helped. My last session went so fast that we didnt have time to go over that weeks work, i went over my worries, fears and anxiety and afterwards i felt as though a weight had been lifted. I feel very comfortable with the woman i see and i have put a lot into the sessions and recieved much more back, she will go into detail and listen to me explaining my thinking errors and teaching me how to change.
    Do you get any 'me' time? i have a thursday to myself and its fantastic, the one day of the week i can focus on getting too especially if its been a hard week. Please PM if you want any other info or a chat (sorry for the ramble x)
    What's for you won't go past you
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    weezl - is there such a thing as telephone counselling? Because obviously then you would only have the actual time spent in counselling rather than all the travel etc. so could be more feasible timewise.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    hi caz! sorry your tablets are a doozer :( your 'me time sounds grand tho! what an ace idea.

    Susan telephone or online therapy are deffo an otion I can try. I'll look into it and chat to DH :)

    Thanks for the offers of PM boxes, it makes me feel very loved knowing that's a possibility :)

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Im hoping that they kick in properly and the horrible parts go soon? but do look into the conselling as sometimes the silliest of things build up until you cant hold it in. Have you thought about Homestart or even have someone to sit with the boys whilst you have an app? i know how difficult it can be arranging it all.

    Me time was something i was told to have and luckily with the new CM it all fell into place. Even the thought of a day off can relieve the pressure? like i sadi you know where i am if you need to chat along with all these other lovely ladies xx
    What's for you won't go past you
  • Hugs Weezl xxx

    One of my friends from school who had a baby just before E has been rejected their part time hours, they wanted to do 5 days over 4, and they said no, I dont know what she is going to do

    I am making toad in the hole for tea, I am excited lol, I havent had it since I was pregnant (in the start of pregnancy), I am feeling all housewifey today lol
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.