Business Account - reclaiming bank charges

Options

Comments

• fivestar
    fivestar Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi never done this before so be patient please?
    been reading the topics over the weeks my bank have charged interest, which if I am reading things correctly cannot be reclaimed?
    but they have also charged commission?
    as well as the late fees and un-paid chqs?
    what are the opinions of all you experts who have been sucessful?
  • maxine6053
    Options
    can anyone tell me if i can claim back bank charges on a business account please
  • Twinkly
    Twinkly Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Options
    maxine6053 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if i can claim back bank charges on a business account please

Yes you can, with a couple of differences in the process, it is pretty much the same though. The name of charges and point of law relied upon is different so you will need to adapt the templates.
    The business thread on this site is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=270122

However, the thread on this site contains a lot of recommendations to go to the Consumer Action Group site for detailed information on business accounts so you may wish to use those threads for advice and help. You need to register but it is free and the business account thread on that site is here:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets.html?

Good luck :)
  • lemonsqueezi
    Options
    To all of you seasoned forum folk it mst come easy but i dnt really understand the thread posting routine etc yet!!!!!So apologies if this appears in the wrong place!

But i too have a number of questions re business claims;-

A family member is in a bit of a pickle and is getting suffocated by penalties!

Anyway as a result they have asked me to have a look -

I want a step by step for business reclaim and can not find it - tried CAG also - any ideas?

i am told that you can not recover the statements in the same data subject access way that you can for an individual - anyone know how this work and how much it costs?

I take it the interest is the same stat calculation?

in fact can any one offer advise and indicate where to get to the templates in the easiest possible fashion!!

• spud0112
    Options
    Hi. I have a business account with Lloyds TSB and I have sent the appropriate letters to make a claim but they have now sent a letter back basically saying that it only applies to consumers and not a business.Is this correct and am I flogging a dead horse by carrying on?
    I am a sole trader.
  • beck1
    beck1 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    This query isn't about a personal bank account, but a business bank account, and the fees charged are for BACs payments, processing cheques etc.
    We are only a small business, so our monthly fees only add up to about £5. The bank, however (RBS) always itemises the charges on our statement, and then says that the minimum charge is £10, so they round it up and take £10 each month. Is this right that we pay £5 a month for nothing? I suppose they can do what they want on a business bank account, but it doesn't seem particularly fair!
    Thanks,
    Beck
  • Twinkly
    Twinkly Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Options
    beck1 wrote: »
    This query isn't about a personal bank account, but a business bank account, and the fees charged are for BACs payments, processing cheques etc.
    We are only a small business, so our monthly fees only add up to about £5. The bank, however (RBS) always itemises the charges on our statement, and then says that the minimum charge is £10, so they round it up and take £10 each month. Is this right that we pay £5 a month for nothing? I suppose they can do what they want on a business bank account, but it doesn't seem particularly fair!
    Thanks,
    Beck

If the charge is for services then yes they can charge £10. Sorry :(
  • otter1234
    Options
    my bank has turned down my claim as i have business account the charges are lawful is this true.:mad:
  • gordon74
    gordon74 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but are business banking charges reclaimable?. I have had sucess last year with my personal banking in that I got refunded £56.00. Not much I know but I am careful with this account and this was the only irregular charge on it.
    Re the business account, there were a fair few charges over the time it was open, mostly maintainance fees and transaction charges like DDs lodgements etc. as with most business A/Cs. These are non claimable, but some were termed irregular account charges. It is these I am considering claiming. Any advice before I proceed? I am familiar with the process itself, just whether it's peeing in the wind to try to get the business charges back.

Account open from appx May 2000 to August 06
  • Mapper_2
    Options

Hi all

I got a letter today from my bank saying (besides the usual bumf) :-

"I've noticed that you've referred to the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 and the unfair Terms in Customer Contracts regulations but these don't apply to you as you're a business customer and these acts and regulations only apply to consumers"

They go on to say they are not going to refund my charges.
    I have now taken Matins sencond letter and am about to post it but i was wondering if any other business customers had recieved the same kind of letter?

Thanks all

Andy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family