Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fitb1t wannabe is fixed, my lovely mum managed to get it to charge.

Crashed about 7pm last night and went to bed at 8:15 at same time as the children. I knew I'd be fine all day but would crash later hence working! Only two days left in current job which entails the 30-40 minute commute. 5 minute commute starts Monday.

Scales down 1.25lb this morning so some water weight must be coming off. Tried to track yesterday but came home to the most amazing roast dinner (think Christmas dinner standard) and a selection of desserts. Also think cake will be around in work today so will need to strike the balance somewhere.

Dh has done a food shop and bought some expensive cooked chicken we had reduced in the past. I didn't really want to pay full price for it though! Will find last food spends and update. They should be low as been away and my mum had done a shop before we got home.

By my calculations we have £66.50 to last 8 days. I will
    Need fuel (but not much as will use barely any from next week!) but it should last us if we are sensible.

Not sure if I have finalised September budgets. Dh should have a really good pay packet as did so much overtime in August. Then I should get backdated payrise in october and an incremental rise in November. Also want to do a check of all savings accounts and write down monthly totals
    In bujo to keep track. If I have the energy to stay up past 8pm illl do it then.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Monthly spends

Supermarket £22.35
    Fuel £20
  • CathT
    edited 16 September 2018 at 8:14AM
    Options
    Updated spends, not by much

Supermarket £45.58
    Fuel £35

We do need to get some shopping as I am low on protein sources and am going to trial gluten free again. The plan was to do it after holiday, I actually unintentionally was mostly GF on holiday due to eating mostly eggs, salad, veg, meat and yoghurt. Noticed a change now I am home and snacking on cakes and biscuits and eating bread. Also need to be back strictly stepping and tracking, the physical effects (ie status weight loss) doesn't bother me but I feel mentally better when in the zone.

Need to be productive today, already hung load of washing on the line, checked accounts and sorted some dry washing. However, I've had to bring all my work related items home and they have taken over the utility room. Need to find some space for them today. Also need to go to travel agents (a chance to get some steps in) and want to transfer my ISA. Read on a few diaries about CSD increasing their rates so will be transferring to V@nguard.

Daily clicks done and tcb increasing nicely. Will OP every payout.

Need to get organised for dd birthday party next week. It's nothing fancy but we need to order some bits.

Right, time to get moving again or the day is going to run away with me!
  • CathT
    Options
    Monthly spends so far.....

Supermarket £66.37
    Fuel £74.61

Pretty pleased with this especially at this point of the month. I don't know where the surplus cash has gone though. Maybe it is time I invest in YNAB?

Loving my lack of work commute (and the new job) although it's always challenging and tiring starting somewhere new. Essentially the job is the same, it's all the practical stuff like not knowing colleagues and relevant professionals. However early indications show it was definitely worth making the leap!

Last few days before payday, hoping to make an extra overpayment and contribute to savings as dh is expecting a gold pay packet this month. The overtime and hard work continues to next month is looking good too.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Good to hear that the new job is fab!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad new job is going well! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks both, been headaches and tired this week but think it's from trying to remember everything!

£12 spent on chippy yesterday, I didn't partake but it did feed 4 adults and 2 children.

Payday today. Have paid another £300 off a 0% card ending soon. Will pay remaining £250 when dh gets paid next week. That leaves us with one card on 0% with a long interest free period to run.

52p Tilly tidy today and credit card stooping up to date. I've got a voucher to put towards a new f1tbit but been delaying it in case price of current model drops when new one comes out in a few weeks.

My payrise has been confirmed and is well worth having. I'll increase by over £7k in the next two years. Am sure I can find a good use for that!

Hope everyone stayed safe in the recent bad weather. Dd has a party outside this weekend so I'm hoping for some dry weather now. It can do what it likes after her party! Just a supermarket shop to do to provide a snack for the children. Have bought white paper bags to fill with their choice to save the hassle of everything being on plates. Am hoping it will be as stress free as it sounds!
  • CathT
    edited 23 September 2018 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Good morning. If anyone has any tips on battling fatigue I would be most grateful. I keep receiving comments it is my age (I am 36!) which is not helping! I haven't been brilliant with the whole GF thing so guess that continues to be an option. I've also been prescribed iron supplements for 4 weeks.

Anyway, it is the weekend and I didn't get up until 6:30 so have have had an extra 45 minutes in bed this morning. Have sent another £100 to the mortgage as had a credit to the bank account. I can secure a new deal mid October so need to keep an eye on the interest rates and will probably go for the 5 year fix. We are on 2.99 and that was 2.34. We wouldn't be MF at the end of the term but would only have a mortgage in the 30's and I plan to make big overpayments in the next 5 years (if I don't keep going on holiday!)

As ever, this weekend needs to be productive. All money shuffling done until dh payday next week. I need to clear the breakfast bar again and sort out ds uniform as some has gone too small so will give to school to have as spares. Everywhere is starting to look slightly cluttered again so will do some tidying whilst dd at her football match this morning. I also want some self-care this weekend as feeling a little frazzled by fatigue. I am picturing, a book, hot cup of coffee, a blanket and the fire on once the rain sets in again. I am so easily pleased!

Monthly spends
    Supermarket - £111.66
    Fuel - £104.61
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Just a suggestion - go to the podcasts section of earlytorise.com and listen to the latest one,number 074. I'm not a fan of podcasts but am in bham, so thought I'd listen to one off that site as I do enjoy the written articles. And I've listened to it twice! It may help.

Another thought - get off the gluten woman! You are sending your immune system into overdrive and your body is spending its energy on fighting inflammation. I assume you are not consuming sugar ...?

Hope you make time for your R+R this weekend x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kicking the gluten has made my fatigue vanish into thin air. I'm awake at 4.45 most mornings and asleep at around 10pm. I don't get that afternoon slump. When I was a similar age to you I ended up in hospital for test into my fatigue and constant swollen glands and high temperatures and no conclusion was found, not had a single issue with it since going gluten free.

I do appreciate it won't work for everyone but it now makes so much sense, my body was fighting so hard to combat the gluten.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback