No Buying Toiletries In September Challenge!

Comments

• Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    alfiecat wrote: »
    loving all the stash confessions, am so envious of the bobbi brown collections. have one pallette in mine - mauve love it and use it everyday, lipsticks are wearing down to the base, so i may justify the new denim pallette for my birhday .....

I love the lists as well! (I'm nosey!) Mauve is one of my favourite palettes ever. I haven't used it very much over the summer months but as soon as autumn comes it'll be my Go To everyday no brainer palette.

I always put a BB palette on my Christmas and birthday lists and Hubby always buys it for me. But last time he didn't! :( It took me about 9 weeks of holding out before I bought it for myself! :o:D

This is going to sound a bit of a stretch but if the colours work for you a palette can be the most economical way to buy Bobbi Brown. In her standard design you get 3 lip colours, 3 eye shadows, and a blusher for about £40. If you bought the full size individual products they are impossible to finish up in most cases - and would cost about £105.

Or that's how I justify it anyway! :eek::D;)
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    after saying i wasn't going to buy anything this month, we're planning on going to our nearest big town tomorrow which has saver shops and pound shops, so i know i'm going to stock up on aqueous cream if nothing else. I know i have some in stock BUT i have two tubs on the go at any time (work & home) and use it as hand wash as soaps take off my skin. Plus if i get it from town it's usually well under a pound but supermarkets etc are a couple of quid.
    OH has also brought home a no7 voucher so i may yet have to get some face wipes again.
    when i fall off the wagon i fall off the wagon!!!! Do you think i'm justified though?

UU - Dove blue lidded deodrant - WIBA? i like dove but prefer the green one, but it was on offer when i got it. I've also still got a fair few in my boxes so don't need any yet.
  • noynoy
    noynoy Posts: 380 Forumite
    huge hugs for you rosemary, whilst i don't know you i also have children so i can only imagine what you must all be going through xxx

this is a lovely thread, im glad im seeing what not to buys lol..it whould seem soap and glorys quite popular..maybe next time when its on offer i might get myself something with fils christmas gift money.

another uu guchi rush 2 shower gel..wiba? only if it was free with the perfume and only if its with gifted money..its quite runny tbh

i actually went out and bought a 4 pack of plain soap for £1 as im almost out of all shower gels..and i dont even have a shower! my plan is too make some nicer ones with added dried lavender and rosehips.and some essential oil.basically you shave the cheap soap down remelted it then pour into moulds..there should be a couple left over for xmas gifts too..we shall see how they turm out. Ive also got nail polish on for the fourth time this week..so i discovered the fast drying ones seem to chip quicker on me, im alternating between 3 different colours at the mo and the acidy colour ones which i had a thing for sometime ago are being used on my toes.
    total debt 4711.00 at lbm (4217.31) dfd aug 2012 :eek: overdraft 800 (400.00) kill overdraft first, loan 1500.00 ,creditcard 2411.00
  • noynoy wrote: »
    huge hugs for you rosemary, whilst i don't know you i also have children so i can only imagine what you must all be going through xxx

this is a lovely thread, im glad im seeing what not to buys lol..it whould seem soap and glorys quite popular..maybe next time when its on offer i might get myself something with fils christmas gift money.

another uu guchi rush 2 shower gel..wiba? only if it was free with the perfume and only if its with gifted money..its quite runny tbh

i actually went out and bought a 4 pack of plain soap for £1 as im almost out of all shower gels..and i dont even have a shower! my plan is too make some nicer ones with added dried lavender and rosehips.and some essential oil.basically you shave the cheap soap down remelted it then pour into moulds..there should be a couple left over for xmas gifts too..we shall see how they turm out. Ive also got nail polish on for the fourth time this week..so i discovered the fast drying ones seem to chip quicker on me, im alternating between 3 different colours at the mo and the acidy colour ones which i had a thing for sometime ago are being used on my toes.

thanks for the tip noynoy, I have a few plain bars of soap in the back of the cupboard and am tempted to give this a go, might make me actually use them (I do use shower gel in case anyone thinks I'm water-shy! ;))
  • debidoodle
    debidoodle Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Today I received the Simple Spotless Skin Quick Fix Cleansing Wipes, these will be ideal for when I go to DD's as I only have a few left of the Soap & Glory wipes.

This afternoon I sorted my stash and have decided that my sister will be having an Urban Retreat basket with s/gel, b/lotion, s/poo, pefurme & lipgloss sample as her birthday present.

My aunt will be having a Sanctuary basket made up of accessories & body products, she loves this range.

Tonight I also sold 7 items on Ebay, so this combined with my baskets will make a considerable dent to stash.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    that's a great idea for using up stash. I may yet sort out some sanctury stuff for my sister for christmas.
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Just posting quickly to say :wave: hello to everyone - especially all the newbies :wave: and ask if we think it's a good idea to post our best Stash Shrinking Tips to help the newbies out?
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Jacks_xxx wrote: »
    Just posting quickly to say :wave: hello to everyone - especially all the newbies :wave: and ask if we think it's a good idea to post our best Stash Shrinking Tips to help the newbies out?

Yes please!!!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening ladies and hi to all newcomers to the challenge.

UU tonight, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo in a bright blue bottle. I didn't ever like this brand,but must admit to liking this shampoo.....leaves my coloured hair lovely and soft and shiny. WIBA? Yes! but DD has already moved onto Tresemme so maybe next time! The matching conditioner is close to spluttering so that'll be gone soon too.

New purchases of Flexitol heel balm and Flexitol nail and cuticle cream on bogo 1./2 price in Boots, so not too bad and I need to look after my hands and feet in the winter as I do suffer if the skin cracks, so along with my BS hemp hand protector, I'm all set now!
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Got a splutter in my aussie test shampoo earlier on so fingers crossed it'll be finished up in a few days.

I promise I'll make a full list this week of what I have in my stash, tbh I think I'm hiding from the task because I'm so horrified at how much there is in there! But I also have two more boots vouchers to use, I think I'll get some face wipes as I have none in the stash at all and I'm starting to wear make up more often again for work.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills