September 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 August 2010 at 9:03PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.3K replies 86.1K views

Replies

• mrssnowy_2mrssnowy_2 Forumite
    403 posts
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Don't know whether to creep in ,as have been gone a long time or jump in with both feet!
    Anyway,please can I come back Mrsmc £200 GC please

night all
    mrss

You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    nat21luv wrote: »
    get me....a weekly shop for 2 fatties, 2 smaller fatties, baby fatty and a fat cat came in at nearly 39 pounds including delivery!

wow i am impressed :T

I spent £35 yesterday on absolute carp in mr T's , chocolate , a diary ( in september? :cool::o) more chocolate i think . what a plonker , it was a shop completely driven by hormones and now i have nothing to show for it ( except a diary obviously :rotfl:)
    blown half my budget too,
    beans on toast all week then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Well six days into the month and so far no food shopping bought yet.so it will be another NSD for me today.I am determined to get some of the food in my freezer eaten before I buy anymore.I want to get it looking a bit emptier before Christmas as I do seem to get lots of leftover bits and pieces from my family as they know I won't waste anything,plus any bargain meat that I can find just after Christmas will ensure that I don't have to worry about any bad weather in January.I have a slight mobility problem which worsens in the cold and damp so I like to try to stay in out of the snow and ice. I think I will be eating up some of the fish that seems to have accumulated at the bottom of my freezer over the next week or so.I am looking to find some nice recipes for fish as on its own it can be a bit boring at times.plus of course it makes a nice change from meat.Only thing I don't like about fish is the lingering smell after cooking in the house. Anyone got any remedies for that apart from opening all the windows as I hate those airfreshner things.
  • nat21luvnat21luv Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    "it was a shop completely driven by hormones and now i have nothing to show for it ( except a diary obviously :rotfl:)"

write in your diary how you feel...! :D
    £12k in 2020 #=
    1% challenge #61 £142= 81% £10 a day = £460/£500

**MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • MadamMim2013MadamMim2013 Forumite
    845 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    WOW:eek: Cannot believe just how much I've missed in the last few days.... Been helping our Aunt, Uncle & 5 kiddies move house so things got put on hold here for a little while.;)

Please put me down for £250 for this month & I hope to keep to it!! :cheesy:

Helloooo to everyone & good luck for this month :D
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
  • greentgreent Forumite
    9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    JackieO wrote: »
    Only thing I don't like about fish is the lingering smell after cooking in the house. Anyone got any remedies for that apart from opening all the windows as I hate those airfreshner things.

Brew some real coffee. Or use essential oils in a burner with water - much better than artificial chemical filled air fresheners ;) Something like lemon Or lemongrass works well in a kitchen :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/19 £48986 2020 OPs (#18) £5010/6K
    Net sales 2020 £596.06/£500 Decluttering: 1925/2020
  • Just quickly popping in to say i just placed an online order at Approved Food for £13.89 (if i don't record it now i will forget by tnight when i log on again LOL!)
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • £9.45 spent in Morrisons today.

Sig upto date.

Would like a nice carrot cake recipe & a nice lemon cake recipe please!

Lisa
  • Hippeechiq wrote: »
    By the way - does anyone know if £idl sell a decent strength/flavour/quality coffee? (not Gold Blend) OH & I like Kenco Rich Roast and it would be really helpful if I could find something equally as nice, but cheaper. I realise some of you may think Kenco Coffee is a luxury, but I refuse to compromise on the flavour/quality of my Coffee. However, I'm not too proud to pay less for it :D

They do a 1lb bag of kenyan ground coffee that is lovely if you have a press or coffee maker. 99p store also often have bags of douge egberts coffee in. If you don't have a press or cafetiere, get one! Coffee is delicious that way, never bitter. For me the cheapest coffee from a press tastes better than expensive instant coffee.

Spent £4.78 on eggs, bread, soy milk, bag of apples, banana, frozen yorkshire puds and cranberry sauce.
    I won't be doing anymore food shopping until the 16th now as I'm going away wednesday :j I have lots in and will just need to pick up some more milk and a bit of fresh fruit and veg when I get back. I've been here a week and already have two accidental portions of beef stew, one bean chilli and a huge bowl of split pea, potato & chicken soup in the fridge/freezer!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • pepsi-kins wrote: »
    Just off on a tangent now, but it made me laugh. It was our 5th wedding anniversary on Friday so we went out for a meal, which is a rareity for us. DH informed me, we won't have pudding, cos we got vienetta at home, and the food is overpriced anyhow! I know I'm always trying to save a quid here and there, but there's a time to be tight!!
    :rotfl:

I loved this its a classic :A We are off on hols soon to Blackpool and I need to update signature as I popped to tesco on Friday and got some cider to take with us! My other half likes the strawberry cider! We are breakfast only in a nice hotel and are taking some bits with us for in the room! Cider and some beer included. So Pepsi Kins you are not the only one and I have been cutting out vouchers for restaurants in Blackpool to get us discounts!!!

To Spiggle hope you are both ok not sure what has happened but big Hugs for you both anyway.

To whom ever alerted me to Tesco Value Nappy Bags at 4p for 100... they are great for Puppies thank you and I have been telling all up the park.

Reference bulking up mince, I use value mince and drain all the fat off and find it no different in taste to more expensive then bulk up with loads of veg :D

Very happy had 3 NSD's this month yeah.....

Will go back to finishing reading all the posts now.:j
    :A Want2Bdebtfree
    Debt Free - 3 years 1 months :D Mortgage Free 2028