That was scary; now to tackle the remaining mortgage

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Pammy and good luck with getting under £60K - it is SUCH a good feeling :T. Christmas seems to be such a demanding time money wise its really tough keeping up with the OPs. I suspect it requires more organisation than I seem to be able to manage being a bit lastminute.com :eek:
  • teapot2
    Options
    Overpaid £70 yesterday which brings us up to the 10% limit we are allowed. Have written to HBOS to ask them what we can overpay next so we don't trigger an ERC.

The cat is going to be sacked - I had to carry him downstairs last night as he was flat out on a bed. He moved immediately to another bed to continue sleeping. I went to move his food dish out of the kitchen and could see a mouse running round in a panic before it disappeared back under the fridge. Sleepy cat remains completely oblivious :mad:.

Am off work todat, OH is away for a couple of days with work so am quite looking forward to some time by myself. Looks like its trying to rain here - hope it brightens up as got lots of washing I'd like to get dried [no TD]. Cleared out one of the sheds - its not waterproof and is just getting worse so got someone coming to demolish it and put a fence up. That will give us more space to store the wheelie bins etc and we can have a brown bin then too. We have a compost bin but its full.

My list for today;
    • cut up meat and veg for a stew for when OH gets back
    • make a nice prawn and chilli pasta sauce for tea
    • hoover upstair
    • wash bedding
    • maybe do some weeding
    • type an invoice for some work I did in Sept
    • mortgage due at weekend so move cash around the accounts to get HBOS rewards
    • chill out a bit too :D
    Off to start with a cup of tea and to give the cat a talking to :rotfl:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Wow - well done on all your OPing teapot2! :D:D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • teapot2
    Options
    My list for today;
    • cut up meat and veg for a stew for when OH gets back
    • make a nice prawn and chilli pasta sauce for tea
    • hoover upstair
    • wash bedding
    • maybe do some weeding
    • type an invoice for some work I did in Sept
    • mortgage due at weekend so move cash around the accounts to get HBOS rewards
    • chill out a bit too :D
    All done apart from hoovering and weeding - weather was a bit pants to weed, where is the heatwave we were promised? Will do upstairs tomorrow I think. Sawmill was supposed to deliver wood for our new fence tonight but they didn't come, will have to sort that out tomorrow. Off to bed now, night all x
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya teapot :hello:

Just read your whole diary (awake ridiculously early so thought I'd read some MFW diaries to give me inspiration!! ;)). So pleased for you that you've finally made it down into the £30k's ~ really good going & it's great that your OH is fully on board with your MFW ways :D

Where in Scotland do you stay (roughly)?? We are hoping to move up in the next few years & DH has said he quite fancies Perth. I've been looking at Rightmove & house prices there are a bit :eek: compared to where we live now so some serious saving to be done beforehand, as well as hopefully getting rid of the mortgage asap!! :eek:

Anyway, good luck with continuing on your MFW journey, sounds like you will be there in no time, I'll keep popping in :)
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • teapot2
    Options
    Hi Pink Poppy :wave: thanks for dropping by. How comes you were up so early?

We stay east of Edinburgh on the coast so not as far north as Perth. It is lovely there and good links to lots of other places/cities and spectacular countryside too. Perth seems like quite a compact city with lots going on though I don't know it terribly well.

We used to live in London and couldn't afford to buy anywhere at all but it was possible to get a house up here for less than a flat in London - how mad is that....

Good luck with your saving and overpaying which I notice from your sig is due to start soon :D. Let us know how you get on with it all and your plans to move.
  • pink_poppy
    Options
    Up early because in need of painkillers unfortunately ~ have joint pain that has flared up in the last couple of days :( At least it gave me some quiet time to read up on the MFW diaries :)

Perth does look lovely, I've never been but DH is Scottish (South West) so I trust him to pick somewhere nice to live ;) It won't be for at least 4 years though.

I don't really know the East Coast that well, although we have been up that way & have been to see the bottle-nosed dolphins at Chanonry Point a couple of times :D Actually my Scottish geography is pants so please disregard if that's not classed as the East Coast!! :o

Forgot to say I was craving HM soup & smoked sausage casserole this morning after reading your diary, even at 6am in the morning!! :rotfl:
  • teapot2
    Options
    Ouch to the joint pain - hope it dies down again soon :p.

Hadn't heard of Chanonry point so had to google - looks lovely up there. I know the area a bit as my cousin lives near Inverness. The Moray Firth can be very beautiful. We're usually just passing through on our way to the north west though.

The smoked sausage casserole smells good although I've not tasted it myself. Really easy to make too which is my kind of cooking.
  • pink_poppy
    Options
    Joints are behaving themselves today, thank you ;)

I love the North West of Scotland too, we camped near Gairloch a couple of years ago ~ gorgeous, apart from the midges of course!! Really liked Poolewe & Inverewe Gardens as well & would love to go back there.

Btw, I was intending making my mortgage overpayments online from November (mortgage is with the Halifax but got current account with a different Bank). I'm sure I've read on here that you can do it online from a different Bank, as long as you have the mortgage sort code & roll number?? :)
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great in getting under 40K!!!!

And lovely and sunny here in the IOM ;-)

We have a TD, but I try to dry on the line every time I can and did some extra this week to make sure to use the good weather.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure