That was scary; now to tackle the remaining mortgage

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nah still no email here - we're both on AOL so maybe there was a problem?

Saved you some soup, rather yummy though I say so myself, what time will you be round:rotfl:?

Still raining here, thats 10 hours solid, crazy when some of the country is in drought conditions. So cold we put the heating on for half an hour this affy :p. Making sausage toad for OH tonight and I'm having salad which I planned when it was warmer but can't think of anything else I fancy instead. Might open a bottle of wine as well :cool:.

Have done my update on Google docs for MFin 3 take 2 and looking forward to seeing where everyone is up to at the half way point.
  • stedwell
    stedwell Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If it helps - it's cold and wet (but not dark) in the south too! :(
  • teapot2
    Options
    Well its more like autumn than summer here today - been raining solidly, mist over the hills and not very warm :p. Watching a bit of Wimbledon and its lovely and sunny down there mind you, wasn't like that yesterday! Was going to do a washing but would have to have it hanging in the house [no TD] and I think its so damp generally it wouldn#t dry so will leave it to pile up.

Managed to get out to the PO dodging the showers as I had two Amazon packets to post - hooray, not sold two on the same day for aaages.

Just made smoked sausage casserole for OH, it'll do a few meals or go woth a chop or chicken piece. Think I'll have fishcakes for tea - not salad weather really.... Going to have a relax now with a cuppa and a biccy.
  • teapot2
    Options
    Forgot to add that in the MFin3 T2 challenge, at the halfway point we are 54.24% of our way to our goal of reducing the mortgage to £30,000 so well chuffed with that :beer:. As we were so near our limit of 10% overpayment we haven't made an OP for about a month but have been putting the money aside and will be getting a figure in writing from HBOS about how much we can OP maybe next month.

Also got the latest leccy/gas bill and we are in credit so they are going to repay £151 - good times, but not reduce the direct debit, bad times.

Finally, when was in Mr A at the weekend I bought 2 packs of Always which were on offer for £2 for the two. Didn't show up on the receipt and I can't always be @rsed to go back but we were passing on Sunday so did and got the money back plus a voucher - so worth doing.

Still raining - pah, even the cat is hibernating
  • teapot2
    Options
    Oh dear been out of action with a really nasty stomach bug over the weekend - still not feeling right TBH. Must be doing the rounds as I know a couple of other folk who have had the same :p

Not much to report - the rebate from EON arrived so thats gone into an ISA. Been moving money around in the Halifax accounts for the reward and OH upgraded his current account to reward as well.

Our mortgage comes out on 1st so that'll be another lump out of it - getting impatient seems to be taking ages to leave the £40 thousands and to get into the £30 thousands....

Going to water the pots in the garden and do the washing up then take it easy :D. Slightly poorly, wobbly Teapot x
  • teapot2
    Options
    Woops not a very MSE weekend - it was my birthday on Thursday and I was working and OH was working away overnight so although I went out with friends on the day, OH & I celebrated it this weekend. We had a lovely Thai meal on Saturday eve and then went to the seaside yesterday though it was too hot to spend much money! Ah well, back to being more careful with money, nice to have a treat now and then.

Am off for a couple of days now - the joys of self employment when every week is different work-wise. So I can do a bit of cooking from scratch. I'll also take some of the change in the various pigs and cats to the bank and I just got a cheque for last months work so will pay that in too.

I've had a good couple of weeks on Amazon though its ground to a halt again and even sold a couple on GreenMetropolis which had been very quiet so I have one to post from there [when I can find it ;)].

Have a good week everyone x
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If you can't have a treat on your birthday, when can you? Happy Birthday xx
  • teapot2
    Options
    Fairly quiet week moneywise - OH has been away all weekend with work so I've just pottered about and done stuff in the house and garden so had a NS weekend. :o Well apart from buying some tickets for my sis's birthday as we're having a day out, my treat but I'd been saving up for that....

Made some very orange fridge bottom soup with carrots, orange pepper and sweet potatoes, yummy but yellow :rotfl:. Also defrosted a pack of sausages and made a casserole with half and cooked the other half in the oven so that should keep OH happy when he gets home.

The fridge is looking very bare so I think we'll have to do a shop tomorrow or Tuesday. Am waiting to hear from HBOS about how much we can overpay at the moment - missing doing little OPs but am saving the money.

Quite a good sale on Amazon again so got that in the post on Friday. Also got a few books at the chazza for me to read that I can list after. Just noticed one is signed by the author - not that that will make a huge difference but might help.

The cat has just chucked up everywhere bless him, he gets big fur sausages he's so long haired. Gave himeslf a fright and was sick on his front then jumped and landed in it and skidded it everywhere :eek: - am glad we have laminate flooring.

Off to disinfect the bin next and rehang the slightly less mouldy shower curtain. OOh I know how to live :rotfl:

Have a good week everyone Teapot XX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw poor kitty :( hope he is better now!
    Well done on the batch cooking! Have done a simlar thing myself today! - we know how to spend our weekends us MF lot eh?!
    Hope you enjoyed your birthday , what is it you do job wise self employed?
  • teapot2
    Options
    Kitty is fine thanks TYO - he just accepts it as a fact of life being a long haired cat I think. He does have a habit of pulling out bits of fur and scoffing them while I'm trying to take them off him though :p. Sensibly he had his breakfast, looked out at the rain and went back to bed for most of the day.

I work mostly in the voluntary sector doing sessional work. Its all little bits of work - I have 5 jobs at the moment, it was six but the travelling on one was getting me down. I also sell books on Amazon and Greenmet and am toying with the idea of Ebay but it seems a lot of faffing about?

Am really tired this weekend and don't seem to have any energy. I've been eating well - lots of salad and fruit etc so not sure what thats about. Whatever it is I hope my energy levels improve soon.

Went to Mr A today and really noticed how prices of some things have gone up a lot. Still managed to get some bargains but came away without other things I might have bought as they were too expensive :(. Felt quite worried about it all.

We heard from the Halifax today at last, we can overpay by just under £1000 at the moment so that will take us a while to get together. I'm going to bank the various change pots this week as a start. Am looking forward to getting back on track with a few OPs.

Hope the weather improves - seems to be wet everywhere. Teapot x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport