Hole in double glazed patio door for cat flap.

Options

Comments

• ClaireyL
    Options
    Hi I need a cat flap fitting in a glass door or possibly in the conservatory? Can you help or recommend someone? I live in Liverpool. Thanks
  • Cathy3
    Options
    I need a cat flap too for my jack russel dog, so can anyway recommend someone in Liverpool too

Cheers

Cathy
  • Tracy1966
    Options
    williamrobb88

I live in Bridgnorth, would you be able to arrange a cat flap for me in my french doors? Have been trying to find someone for months!!

Many thanks
  • Jimmy_A_T
    Options
    markie1980 wrote: »
    Hi ggjones229

I'm from Sussex and have fitted quite a few cat flaps recently - I didn't realise how much demand there was for them!

Feel free to ask me for any advice (by pm if you prefer) and I'll see if I can help.
    Hi Markie 1980,

I'm from Kent. Any chance you could provide a quote for fitting a cat flap if I give you the door dimensions etc?

Cheers!
  • nigelthacker
    Options
    I'm looking to get some new patio doors fitted from our kitchen leading out to the patio (to replace a single door and window). Looking for full glass doors, with a medium-sized dog flap fitted (or at least the hole cut).

Could anyone recommend someone to do this near Stirling, central Scotland (40mins from Glasgow / Edinburgh)?

Either by reply or PM.

Amazing how hard it is to get this done!
    Thanks!!
  • srobbins
    Options
    withabix, and anybody else who says this can't be done, or will wreck your unit, THAT IS RUBBISH!

Let me make a few things clear.
    1. The door will have toughened glass in it (Mandatory). Toughened glass CAN NOT BE CUT IN ANY WAY! Once it is toughened that's it. So you can't just cut a whole in it.

2. The unit will NOT cloud up.

Here's how it's done............

You go to a D-G unit supplier with your Cat flap, and tell him the size and thickness of the panel you want. They will cut the shape of the Cat flap out of 2 BRAND NEW pieces of glass. Then the glass is toughened. Then the unit is assembled in the normal way (Aluminium spacer the way round the inside of the unit), and where the hole for the Cat Flap is, we use a bendy space bar called Super Spacer. We then seal the hole with 2 Part Sealant as opposed to the 1 part sealant all around the edge of the unit. How do I know? Because I make 10 of these EVERY WEEK!

£90 is about right.

Hi williamrobb, i live in between manchester and leeds any chance you can contact me about supply/fitting door?

Thanks
  • oz0707
    oz0707 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    god this thread is a gold mine
  • vericlair
    Options
    Hi, I have only just seen your post for a while ago - please can you contact me to give me a price?
    withabix, and anybody else who says this can't be done, or will wreck your unit, THAT IS RUBBISH!

1. The door will have toughened glass in it (Mandatory). Toughened glass CAN NOT BE CUT IN ANY WAY! Once it is toughened that's it. So you can't just cut a whole in it.

You go to a D-G unit supplier with your Cat flap, and tell him the size and thickness of the panel you want. They will cut the shape of the Cat flap out of 2 BRAND NEW pieces of glass. Then the glass is toughened. Then the unit is assembled in the normal way (Aluminium spacer the way round the inside of the unit), and where the hole for the Cat Flap is, we use a bendy space bar called Super Spacer. We then seal the hole with 2 Part Sealant as opposed to the 1 part sealant all around the edge of the unit. How do I know? Because I make 10 of these EVERY WEEK!

£90 is about right.
  • madsisterjen
    Options
    Hello,

Have just spotted this thread and I would also like to put a cat flap into my patio door. I live in the Bristol area so if there is anyone who can recommend a good supplier then that would be great. I noticed that a few people were asking for a contact in Bristol - were they contacted privately? Sorry new to this so not 100% sure how it works.

Thanks

madsisterjen
  • storm924
    Options

Hi Williamrob88, do you cover the Preston Area? If so, can you send me your details?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport