Hole in double glazed patio door for cat flap.

Options

Comments

• ggjones229
    Options
    Anyone in the Sussex are who has had a cat flap put in or anyone on here who could talk to us about our back door?

At the moment we have a back door with a single sealed unit in. We were talking about replacing the door and welcome any advice or help.
  • Crystalrach
    Options
    Hi can anyone send me details of companies that fit catflaps into french patio doors in the wigan area thankyou.
  • markie1980
    Options
    Hi ggjones229

I'm from Sussex and have fitted quite a few cat flaps recently - I didn't realise how much demand there was for them!

Feel free to ask me for any advice (by pm if you prefer) and I'll see if I can help.
  • pam.c
    Options
    withabix, and anybody else who says this can't be done, or will wreck your unit, THAT IS RUBBISH!

Let me make a few things clear.
    1. The door will have toughened glass in it (Mandatory). Toughened glass CAN NOT BE CUT IN ANY WAY! Once it is toughened that's it. So you can't just cut a whole in it.

2. The unit will NOT cloud up.

Here's how it's done............

You go to a D-G unit supplier with your Cat flap, and tell him the size and thickness of the panel you want. They will cut the shape of the Cat flap out of 2 BRAND NEW pieces of glass. Then the glass is toughened. Then the unit is assembled in the normal way (Aluminium spacer the way round the inside of the unit), and where the hole for the Cat Flap is, we use a bendy space bar called Super Spacer. We then seal the hole with 2 Part Sealant as opposed to the 1 part sealant all around the edge of the unit. How do I know? Because I make 10 of these EVERY WEEK!

£90 is about right.

hi i am having this problem with a conservatory door and live near preston. any chance you could do my door?
  • karenmid
    Options
    I live in Bristol and have been trying to find out how I can get a cat flap put into the type of door you describe. Do you know of any local contacts who might be able to give me a quote?

My friend had a cat flap put in her door, but it was only part glazed so the bottom panel was replaced.

Thanks,
  • sasha_baron
    Options
    Hi,
    i live in chessington and want a cat flap fitted in my french doors.
    Any recommendations please ?
  • markandsam
    Options
    Hi,

We live in Surrey. Anyone who could help us fitting a cat flap in a double glased unit?

thanks.
  • d0gman
    Options
    Hi,
    i live in chessington and want a cat flap fitted in my french doors.
    Any recommendations please ?

Just had a cat flap fitted in my conservatory door by a local company, no dramas and a reasonable price (well i thought it was). I would gladly recommend them but im not sure if I can on here, but by all meaans pm me for the details.
  • d0gman
    Options
    sorry thats local to chessington (i'm in ewell)
  • Arthur_T
    Options
    Anyone got the details for william Robb's company? I have a local 'pvc doctor' ringing his usual supplier to see if they will do it, but if not i'd pay for courier a new pre-cut unit from the company that do it regulary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure