Hole in double glazed patio door for cat flap.

Options

Comments

• WHP
    WHP Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 September 2011 at 4:04PM
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm also look for someone to install a cat-door in the Bristol/Bath area, pref in back door (single-pane double-glazed).... anyone out there recommend a supplier/installer??

Having been following this thread but any other information gratefully received

Many thanks
  • sparkler2008
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am looking for a company that supplies and fits cat flap into a french door in the north devon area.

Thank You

:D
  • link22
    Options
    Sarah. We travel all over the North West. I have mailed you a private message.

Hi williamrobb88

I found your post about cat flaps and patio doors,

I tried to p/m you but your msges are full lol

I am moving house soon and have the same problem, I was wondering if you were still able to provide ay help with this? I live in levenshulme just off stockport road (so if your still in the same place IIm not too far from you)

Kind regards

Link22
  • catflap2504
    Options
    Hi Williamrobb88
    Am moving to Glossop soon and need a catflap in a double glazed door. Are you still active in the area? This thread is quite old.

Brian
  • jigglebug
    jigglebug Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 30 December 2015 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Hi all

I contacted [TEXT REMOVED BY FORUM TEAM] for a quote, and was trying to organise an appointment to measure up my double glazed window. He was very disorganised and difficult to contact, and on the morning of the day he was supposed to come and measure he still hadn't given me any idea when he might be coming, despite telling me he would call the night before.

I subsequently saw the reviews of his service, saying that people had been defrauded of their upfront payments.

In my experience, he doesn't seem to be a con man (or if he is, he is an extremely inept one). He didn't press me for an appointment, and even advised that I get my cat door online rather than through him as it would be cheaper for me. He didn't ask for any payment upfront (although possibly he may have done so had he come to measure up). He seemed, on the phone, to be a decent bloke.

However he did seem truely disoganised and getting hold of him was a bit of a struggle as was pinning him down for an appointment time. I can well imagine that the problems the people had with him were largely due to this rather than a systematic attempt to defraud. But based on my brief experience, I could not recommend using him anyway.
  • jellybean83
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry I don't understand, do you need to have the glass in the door replaced? How long does this take? Or do you need a new whole door?
    I am buying a house in bristol and need to install a cat flap in the double glazed french doors- any help or advise would be appreciated.
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry I don't understand, do you need to have the glass in the door replaced? How long does this take? Or do you need a new whole door?
    I am buying a house in bristol and need to install a cat flap in the double glazed french doors- any help or advise would be appreciated.

Yes you need the glass replaced (is it single or double glazed) If double a new unit with hole and flap is fitted.

Go to the Solaglas trade counter Hartcliff Way Bristol.
  • Szymy
    Options
    Hi All

Tried to contact Colin with no luck (thankfully) and then found this thread after searching for alternative fitters.

Please can someone advise if they managed to get a Cat Flap fitted in the Midlands area?

I obtained a quote from Julians Joinery (thanks for the quick response Julian) but since I'm so far from Manchester the quote was very expensive.

Not sure who to trust now after all these horror stories! Was looking to get quotes from We Fit for You and West Midlands Glaziers (Multiglaze).

Any recommendations would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance

Lydia
  • doccer1967
    Options
    Can anyone reccommend any trade people to do this in surrey - realise that the glass bit of the door needs to be replaced with a new one with a cat flap hole in it....

thanks

d
  • Pupster
    Pupster Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had patio doors fitted today by Jacksons Joinery after seeing the recommendations on this thread. I needed a big dog door in the glass and I spoke to Julian who was brilliant. I bought the dog door myself and Jacksons sent a lovely man to measure up and discuss the positioning of the door and the type of doors that would suit my requirements. He took the dog door away and fitted it in their workshop - then they sent me pictures of the progress - how amazing is that? Communications with the company was excellent - their receptionist was always very helpful and answered the phone within a few rings - (no stupid recorded messages or ansaphones). The company updated me all the way and we when we arranged times for measuring up and fitting they arrived when they said they would - and they are over in Manchester (I am in Leeds). The work was carried out this morning by the same man who measured up and I have to say the work is of very high quality and I am absolutely delighted - and I have recommended them to my brother who is having patio doors put in in two weeks time. All in all - the price was right, the work is excellent and I am very happy that my two labs can come and go as they please - what more could you aks for :) Full marks Jacksons :)
    Sorry no links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport