Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• steve1980
    steve1980 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    Options
    Tivo has not had many good reviews. It's very problematic.
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
  • Whitemonk
    Options
    steve1980 wrote: »
    Tivo has not had many good reviews. It's very problematic.

I'm sticking with my V+ box for the moment. Not worth the extra £3.00 per month.

The TiVo is due for an upgrade soon which will improve it a bit, but not enough to tempt me.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tivo has had a software upgrade over the past week which has addressed some of the bungs (only had a few weeks so not experienced any).

We are finding it works well and aren't having any problems. I am not entirely clear how £3 a monh extra is justified (apparently something to do with the TiVo software licence?) but no complaints here at the moment.

Anon
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to wangle a free 1tb box out of virgin for free. I know they are doing the 500mb boxes free, but having the bigger storage space might just sway my decision to move across from sky.

Many thanks x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • money_free_2011
    Options
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to wangle a free 1tb box out of virgin for free. I know they are doing the 500mb boxes free, but having the bigger storage space might just sway my decision to move across from sky.

Many thanks x

Unlikely but you should be able to get sky sports etc squared away and if you had box upstairs can get a free v+hd box which has triple hard drive ( rec 2 and watch another)

As a new customer it's worth shot for the 1 tb???,
    I AM DEBT FREE 18/6/12
    SAVINGS = £10100
  • pirlo_21
    Options
    been with sky for 18 months on a 50% off deal, have had the sky sports and hd package , coming to the end so tried to cancel but was told by the lady on the phone that she could not offer me another discount as i'm on one already so have asked her to cancel my deal

its a shame oh well!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unlikely but you should be able to get sky sports etc squared away and if you had box upstairs can get a free v+hd box which has triple hard drive ( rec 2 and watch another)

As a new customer it's worth shot for the 1 tb???,

If I recall correctly with V+ you can record two programmes, watch a third that you have recorded (not a third live - also V+ doesn't seeem to be offered to new customers anymore - Tivo or VHD only).

Tivo - record three programmes, watch a fourth that you have recorded.

Anon
  • Whitemonk
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    also V+ doesn't seeem to be offered to new customers anymore - Tivo or VHD only
    Anon

One of the reasons I'm hanging on to my V+ box.
  • jcwilson
    Options
    del2210 wrote: »
    hi all
    what all there customers should do is give 30 days notice in.like everyone else who is hacked off by skys service and enough is enough.maybe we should all put on scottish accents and we might stand a chance.everyone knows they hate the english and this is the only thing they can beat us at lol

Not Funny! not all scots 'hate the english' please do not make such sweeping statements.
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    Whitemonk wrote: »
    One of the reasons I'm hanging on to my V+ box.

That's an interesting opinion, why would you want to hold on to it?
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure