Weezl and friends Phase 3 - sitting pretty with Kitty

Comments

• SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So I am happy to try any of the above on any days I am told to.
    I currently have a sourdough starter, well, starting I guess, on the windowsill so will be making some bread with my newly acquired Kenwood Chef (second hand!) so I can do the panzanella, do you think it matters if it is sourdough bread? I got the idea from the joy the baker blog I mentioned before, pretty much the only frugal thing on there :)
    I do sourdough. If making bread I put in 26 oz starter (which would consist of 10oz flour and 13oz water) for a four loaf batch and reduce the flour and water accordingly. I also add a small amount of yeast because otherwise sourdough is quite heavy. (But I also do wholemeal rather than white flour so if you're using white flour you may not need it.) (I'm also assuming you're doing equal volumes of flour and water in your starter i.e. 100% hydration - the figures would be diffferent if you weren't.)
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    I'm out on Monday and Wednesday next week, so have pencilled in pasta funghi for Tuesday and shepherdless pie for Thursday. I'll skip the panzanella for now. I think I'd love it but might struggle to convince DH it's a dinner.
    Will also try to remember to take photos for Arty :)
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Happy to try the Panzanella, dont have all the ingredients for shepherdless pie in, and Pasta Funghi is out because don't like cooked musrooms, but happy to try something else
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    we're happy to do the panzanella and funghi as they are either no cook or microwaveable :)

And you've seen my photos already arty so shall I sit that bit out?!

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Allegra
    Allegra Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    Okay Jenny :) Anything you like, on the Monday, so we can all start together "officially " ? I'll eat hornetgirl's portion so she can reckon she has started same time as the rest of us :D

BTW, HG, I was absolutely bowled over by the panzanella when we first tried it - I did fear it might be a bit ghastly. It does not look or taste at all like what it is, DH might surprise you. Perhaps try it one weekend lunchtime to see how he takes it.... ?
  • artybear
    artybear Posts: 978 Forumite
    Okey doeky I'm looking forward to it and NOPE weezl we need more photos from u-maybe with you or fergie modelling lol.

Ok Vit D THIS is quite helpful.

Basically it says it can be stored for up to 4 months. I dunno if this is what you wanted or not:o:o:o:o so let me know if its rubbish and I will do more.

xxxxx
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74
    Allegra wrote: »

BTW, HG, I was absolutely bowled over by the panzanella when we first tried it - I did fear it might be a bit ghastly. It does not look or taste at all like what it is, DH might surprise you. Perhaps try it one weekend lunchtime to see how he takes it.... ?
    I'm glad you said that allegra, it doesn't look great from the ingredients does it?

But I love it!

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • artybear
    artybear Posts: 978 Forumite
    <
    look a third star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74
    artybear wrote: »
    <
    look a third star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    arty I reckon we got nearly all of your posts on the shirl and kitty adventures :)

• shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi ex and i are up for trying the pasta on monday as well so count us in
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts