We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Special Official Note For Mortgage Brokers

Options

Comments

• MortgageMamma
    Options
    Yawn...

I'm sick of all these Katz Shatting in my garden
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been considering the situation ,and perhaps it would be useful to quote FSA numbers in signatures that would then give readers options
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Andrew not the Thought Police !
    J_B.
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    Well I don't know about you guys but I am going through this thread and deleting anything that I have posted that is not relevant to the discussion, even if it does mean removing posts aimed at shutting kenshatz up. Its very unfair if martin is taking time to read all this that he has to read all this twitter, he is a very busy man!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Decisions to what is sensible pertinent and constructive sometimes have to be made. Occasionally there may be criticism of what is suggested. Who is to say whether certain opinions or actions exceed a certain boundary. Often the underlying contribution was a spur of the moment comment to improve morale.
    I am certain that the best suggestions on this thread will go forward for further consideration.
    J_B.
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MortgageMamma,

This thread is not about you in particular so stop being so defensive. There are a number of brokers who post on this site who's usernames could possibly be construed as an indication to their profession. Why do you construe everything as an attack on you?

What difference does it make if your username is changed to a non-mortgage one and the signature removed? The moderators I beleive have the ability to transfer all appropriate stats linked to that username to a new one. That way you lose nothing.

This is a thread for everyone to put their suggestions forward which do seem to be going down the road on anonymous usernames and no signatures. Whatever the majority agree to is what I assume Martin will want to go with.

Everyone is simply just having their say so chill out will you?

Instead of jumping to the defensive immediately why not put forward a valid argument for keeping the usernames/signatures as they are as this seems to be what you would prefer? You never know you may win the agreement of everyone?
    The point about the signature being removed is a point that I do not agree with ,but it should not in include the word mortgage ,that is in breach of FSA and MCOB legislation.
    I am happy to stand by all my posts,no editing on my behalf,ashamed of nothing ,please check
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    payless wrote:
    Guys, there's better ways of showing your maturity than to get involved in slagging eachother off

did not last long
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    The point about the signature being removed is a point that I do not agree with ,but it should not in include the word mortgage ,that is in breach of FSA and MCOB legislation

This is an unregulated enviroment when I am making personal comments in an unregulated capacity. I will call myself what I CHOOSE to, and I do not believe my username is in breach of FSA or site rules, one person actually PM'd me the other day thinking it meant I had a massive mortgage. I chose the name, not for egotistical or advertising reasons, but because I have a passion for mortgages (nothing wrong with that), and am a mother (my primary passion). I was the best I could think of at the time.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

• payless
    Options
    whilst not getting involved in the other silly banter ... why do you think this
    kenshaz wrote:
    but it should not in include the word mortgage ,that is in breach of FSA and MCOB legislation.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • payless
    Options
    For gods sake give it a rest will you!

This is an unregulated enviroment when I am making personal comments in an unregulated capacity. I will call myself what I CHOOSE to, and I do not believe my username is in breach of FSA or site rules, one person actually PM'd me the other day thinking it meant I had a massive mortgage. I chose the name, not for egotistical or advertising reasons, but because I have a passion for mortgages (nothing wrong with that), and am a mother (my primary passion). I was the best I could think of at the time.

If your posts where more general , then I would agree it may not identify you as a broker ( but as they are mainly mortgage related .. ) and IF it was decided brokers should not be identified then I would say the name is questionable... HOWEVER Martin does not seem to have a problem with brokers being identified so hence ... no problem with name
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure