The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Options

Comments

• Debs2009
    Options
    Hi I was wondering if I could join in? Ive been reading for a while and now that Ive built the courage to post Im lost for words. I admire the support that you all give to each other. I find it difficult to go more than 2 nights without having a couple of drinks and have done for a while now. I have 2 jobs 3 kids and a partner. I hope this is ok for a first post. Now to see if i can send it.

Debbie
  • penelopedee_2
    penelopedee_2 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2010 at 4:53PM
    Options
    :staradmin:staradminMonday to Thursday AF Challenge:staradmin:staradmin

Fay :):):)
    :staradminMarru :):):):)
    :staradminPen :):):):)
    :staradminPuzzcat :):):)
    :staradminRandomname :):):):)
    :staradminSkintscottishgirl :)

One Night Pledge (Tues):
    :staradminDecemberBaby :)

SPECIAL THURSDAY NIGHT CHALLENGE ....
    :staradminMaman :)
    :staradminClarabell13 :)
    Trasijocha
    Shopaholictiedtheknot

:staradminWell done, lots of lovely AF'ness :) :staradmin
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • penelopedee_2
    Options
    Debs2009 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if I could join in? Ive been reading for a while and now that Ive built the courage to post Im lost for words. I admire the support that you all give to each other. I find it difficult to go more than 2 nights without having a couple of drinks and have done for a while now. I have 2 jobs 3 kids and a partner. I hope this is ok for a first post. Now to see if i can send it.

Debbie

Hi Debs :)
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Debs.

Good Luck today Sim hope it goes well.

Day off for me from work at least but it means that it's my 'Fly lady day' when i've had another coffee promise.

JO - Re your post about panicing at 6am. When I went on that course last week they did a thing called the vanishing trick which was very clever I thought.

You think hard about an inanimate object that you can't do without. Perhaps a car, mobile, laptop, even a toaster!! Think about how useful it is, how much you love it. Then imagine that you wake up one day to find out it has disappeared and you will never ever own one again. How does it feel? What do you think? Could be sad, angry, panicky, upset etc. Then work through (thats such a cheesy line-sorry) your feelings and how you are going to overcome this hole in your life. Remember you cant just go out and buy another or use someone elses.

Of course the 'object' is really the drug...booze, coke whatever but by looking at it in the way above it lets you explore your feelings safely and realise that they are normal, they are going to happen. My thought when i did the exercise was 'What can I replace it with' - maybe using the money spent on booze could be spent on a counsellor, anyway it's for each individual to think through themselves.

Ok amateur pshycology 5 minutes over. Have a good day all. x
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    dundeedoll wrote: »

Just wanted to say how inspiring these 2 posts are!

:T :T to both of you for making such HUGE changes in your life................kind of what Graeme says - if you don't change it, it stays the same.

JO Thinking of you..............:grouphug:

SIM Thinking of you..............:grouphug: All the very best for tomorrow.

And of course everyone else too.........DD x

Thanks DundeeDoll!

Very nervous, but quietly positive :cool:

Have a great Friday :j

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Shaggy, that's another one for me please, been a bluddy long and very low night.

Although just watched Ricky Gervais' prog 'an idiot abroad' on Sky 1, I absolutely urge you to watch it if you missed it, must be repeated over the next couple of days. RG isn't really in it, but him and stephen merchant send their idiot mate all around the world, tonight was china, nobody spoke a word of english and the bloke was really funny, next week its india, looks to be a funny series :D

Off to beddy byes now, doubt ill sleep as well as last night, just hoping the diggers are outside somebody else's house :rotfl:

Thinking of you tomorrow Sim xx

Also thinking of GP and his numb bum, bet its chilly in that tent!

xx

Thank You Jo, ya sweetie :j

Hope you're being kind to yourself. Big Hugs at ya!

Enjoy your day.

Sim x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Well done jo, you're a star:T:T:T

I've managed another too, so

9AF please shaggy

Thinking of you for tomorrow sim, take care. xx

And while I don't suppose you have wi-fi in your tent GP, we're thinking of you.

'night all. Friday soon:D

Cheers Maman.

Either way, I'm not going to drink.

The one AA cliche which I do agree with is - Feelings aren't facts :T

Hope you have a cracking day x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    randomname wrote: »
    Morning all,

Sim bl**dy good luck today, you deserve a result.

Jo well done, you know you are doing the right thing.

Pen I've completed the challenge, Thanks for organising it. 4 :)'s
    please.

Shaggy 14 please.

Today is the last day of my taking the antibiotics which react against alcohol so tomorrow will be interesting. I shall be in a dilemma - to capitalise on the af week or to revert to character.??????

RN

Thanks RN.

We could all celebrate the weekend with cake instead of booze.

Cake I tell thee! :j

Take it easy,

Sim.
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Good Luck smiley_goodluck.gif

Thanks Shaggy! x
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    Debs2009 wrote: »

Debbie

Welcome Debbie!

Great crowd on here. Lovely and supportive.

Have a great day,

Sim x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family