The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wish me luck.

Good Luck smiley_goodluck.gif
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Eating minstrels...... :drool:

I Love Minstrels :smileyhea
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Marru wrote: »
    I got the job

CongratSmiley2DLMG2.gif

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    About 1.5 years ago I was working as a temp, struggling at work with simplest of tasks, very depressed, single, broke, drinking too much. Now I have lovely BF, stopped ADs and feeling fine, got a FANTASTIC job which will help me getting out of the broke state and not drinking.

you_rock_yellow_smiley_glitter_text.gif:D
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    365days wrote: »
    A year ago I was unemployed, drinking 50 plus units a week, on anti depressants, no clothes fitted, unhappy and troubled, engaging in other risky behaviours.

Now I'm well on my way to turning my life completely on it's head. Much of it due I believe to stopping drinking.

you_rock_yellow_smiley_glitter_text.giftoo :D
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Shaggy, that's another one for me please,

and

you_rock_yellow_smiley_glitter_text.gif

:D
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    September:-

:D = 7 days AF

:j = target achieved

Cazza 15/TF :D:D

DB 5/15

Diable 20/30 :D:D

Fay 19/TF:D:D

Gien 14/TF :D:D

Happyshopper 16/20 :D:D

HB 5/TF

Jo 7/TF :D

Maman 9/10 :D

Marru 22/30 :D:D:D

Miss P 12/30 :D

Mookiepook 5/29

NRA 7/28 :D

Randomname 14/15 :D:D

SianneLaz 5/AF

SOS 14/24 :D:D

Shaggy 22/17 :D:D:D :j

Shoppy 7/25 :D

SSG 7/25 :D

Trasij 18/25 :D:D

Yellow Monkey 16/TF :D:D

115K 8/TF :D

PLEASE PUT YOUR AFDs IN A BOLD RED FONT
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Smiley-00521.gif everyone with the Friday bells.....

I'm Off...:wave:
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Of course I understand why you're nervous. Might they take the view that as you've done so much yourself to stay off booze (and you have done exceptionally well:A) but have the occasional bender when life gets extra stressy that allowing you some time to go to rehab is best? I don't know about rehab: is it residential? do you need money when you're 'in'? Would JSA pay enough for your rent/utilities to be covered?

Hiya Maman,

Yes, I'm hoping that they will see that I need 'time out' in order to go to rehab and get the drinking sorted first.

However, the tough part is that they are only interested in 'how my health was last February, at the time of the ESA Medical'.

It really is a bonkers system, as the onus is on me to 'prove' (with supporting evidence from my GP etc) that the DWP / ATOS' so called Healthcare Professional got it wrong in saying that I was fit for work at that time.

The rehab places I've been looking at with my Substance Misuse Worker are residential. They are a 3 or 6 month stay, and hopefully my ESA will still be paid while I'm there (which I then in turn, contribute to the rehab place) as will my Housing Benefit, so my flat is safe.

However it's a grey area where the Council are concerned (re HB) I think, as I wouldn't be staying here for quite a while, so...

Anyway, I've got enough on my plate today, so I'll leave that one for next week!

My Appeal Tribunal Hearing is at 2pm today, and I'm so shaky. Feel a bit woozy about the whole thing, but I'm over the moon that I have prepared. I got my written into them yesterday by Special Delivery (confirmed received) so that's good albeit a bit late in the day :o

Went through possible 'lines of enquiry' that the Judge / GP could take today, and how to best answer with my Advocate guy yesterday.

Slept surprisingly well last night, and was up at 7am, and had a lovely refreshing shower to Kylie (sadly not with..) :j

Feel quietly positive / confident / scared witless / not knowing what the hell to expect!

Going to go through my paperwork one more time now, and then my Advocate chap is over here for 1pm, and we're driving down there together. At least he'll be there if I wobble :)

Wish me luck ladies and gents.

Have a good day all,

Sim xx
  • SimIsOnTheUp
    Options
    Oooh not fair as mine would actually be a name: Marica

I got the job

Congrats Marru! :T

Sim x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors