The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Options

Comments

• Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hey chaps :) killer evening here - but ok now - hope Jo got through it too.

Hugs chaps :)
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Marru wrote: »
    Thank you everybody!!

I will hand my notice in on Tuesday (when boss back) so it will be month from then. Just need to find a school for DD and somewhere to live, get rid of 5000 books and move. Oh and also keep studying for my December exams. Jo will be happy to know that amongst all this I simply don't have time for Jillian.

About 1.5 years ago I was working as a temp, struggling at work with simplest of tasks, very depressed, single, broke, drinking too much. Now I have lovely BF, stopped ADs and feeling fine, got a FANTASTIC job which will help me getting out of the broke state and not drinking.

On that note this week's challenge completed and 22 for September challenge please :)

:THey well done my dear you so deserve it!!!!!!!:A
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • dundeedoll_2
    Options
    Marru wrote: »
    About 1.5 years ago I was working as a temp, struggling at work with simplest of tasks, very depressed, single, broke, drinking too much. Now I have lovely BF, stopped ADs and feeling fine, got a FANTASTIC job which will help me getting out of the broke state and not drinking.

On that note this week's challenge completed and 22 for September challenge please :)

365days wrote: »
    That really is fab Marru. How much is down to not drinking I wonder?

A year ago I was unemployed, drinking 50 plus units a week, on anti depressants, no clothes fitted, unhappy and troubled, engaging in other risky behaviours.

Now I'm well on my way to turning my life completely on it's head. Much of it due I believe to stopping drinking.

Just wanted to say how inspiring these 2 posts are!

:T :T to both of you for making such HUGE changes in your life................kind of what Graeme says - if you don't change it, it stays the same.

JO Thinking of you..............:grouphug:

SIM Thinking of you..............:grouphug: All the very best for tomorrow.

And of course everyone else too.........DD x

Nicotine Free since 01.08.2010 :j:j:j

Sealed Pot Challenge member 1097 2011 £1024.78 :T

I feel the two are connected :D
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shaggy, that's another one for me please, been a bluddy long and very low night.

Although just watched Ricky Gervais' prog 'an idiot abroad' on Sky 1, I absolutely urge you to watch it if you missed it, must be repeated over the next couple of days. RG isn't really in it, but him and stephen merchant send their idiot mate all around the world, tonight was china, nobody spoke a word of english and the bloke was really funny, next week its india, looks to be a funny series :D

Off to beddy byes now, doubt ill sleep as well as last night, just hoping the diggers are outside somebody else's house :rotfl:

Thinking of you tomorrow Sim xx

Also thinking of GP and his numb bum, bet its chilly in that tent!

xx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Shaggy, that's another one for me please, been a bluddy long and very low night.

xx

Well done jo, you're a star:T:T:T

I've managed another too, so

9AF please shaggy

Thinking of you for tomorrow sim, take care. xx

And while I don't suppose you have wi-fi in your tent GP, we're thinking of you.

'night all. Friday soon:D
  • cazzasmazza
    Options
    Hi everyone,

As per normal, here's my pre-bed post!

1 more AFD for me please Shaggy! :j

I must be mental - I've agreed to do some overtime next week, so I am working 5 evenings next week and I've got uni every day. I need my head examining, LOL! At least I won't be drinking anyway.

Saying that, I got my first wage slip last night and today is my first pay day, so I will feel "rich" for a short time. I won't be rich of course, just in the black, but that is rich to me at the moment :D.

Congratulations Marru on getting the job!

And really well done to everyone (including me) who had an AF Thursday, despite the bells calling.

We have a 2nd viewing on the house on Saturday, after a couple of weeks with no interest, so I am crossing everything they make an offer If they don't, we have precious little hope of a sale until after Xmas now.......... so get sending those "buy that bungalow" vibes to Swindon please!!!

Hugs,
    Caz
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    He who does not economize will have to agonize (Confucius)

Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship (Benjamin Franklin) :eek:
  • jo1972
    Options
    fayjmck wrote: »
    Hey chaps :) killer evening here - but ok now - hope Jo got through it too.

Killer evening for me too Fay, although if it wasn't for my textable friends on here then there is no way I would've stayed sober :A
    jo1972 wrote: »
    just watched Ricky Gervais' prog 'an idiot abroad' on Sky 1, I absolutely urge you to watch it if you missed it, must be repeated over the next couple of days.

It's repeated tonight on Sky 2 at 10pm, watch or tape it!

I think it's put me off going to china anytime soon (like I was going to *rolleyes*) and it definately makes me realise how westernised chinese takeaways are :eek:

But oh jesus, that bloke is funny :rotfl:
    so get sending those "buy that bungalow" vibes to Swindon please

goodluck-goodluck-luck-clover-smiley-emoticon-000671-large.gif for the house viewings!

Good luck too for next week Caz, you'll be pretty tired, but two bonuses, firstly you'll have no chance to drink and secondly, more dosh :D xx

Morning all :)

Blimey, what a long slog last night was! Thankfully I slept well and had pleasent albeit very vivid dreams. First thing I thought of when I opened my eyes was.....did I drink last night? Couldn't remember immediately because I am so tired and feel like I've been hit by a bus. Then I realised I hadn't and was pleased, then immediate panic set in about tonight.....I just don't get it, it's 6am in the morning !!!!!!, why do I panic about something so much and worry all day when the time's not come round yet. I'm just scared of ruining everything.

Anyway, today will be slightly more difficult than the last 2 as not only is it day 3 :eek: :eek: :eek: but also, OH is off out tonight and tomorrow night so I'm left to my own devices.

So let's see if this works.....

I have made a decision, I will not drink today. So no reason for arguing in my head later as I've already decided what the outcome is.

Now......OH away.....what could I cook myself for dinner :drool:
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning All :hello:

22 AFDs for me :j

52f7ec88eb737209ec932d8b4cdc244b.gif

Shaggy
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • jo1972
    Options
    plan our next cooking session away from the pork shoulder

Bluddy ridiculous Sparkles, you do now that Sunday is National Slow Bear Roasted Pork Day of the Week don't you? smiley-org-rolleyes.gif

Anyway, already bought my pork shoulder for Sunday :drool:

(half price in Mr T's don't you know ;))
  • randomname_3
    Options
    Morning all,

Sim bl**dy good luck today, you deserve a result.

Jo well done, you know you are doing the right thing.

Pen I've completed the challenge, Thanks for organising it. 4 :)'s
    please.

Shaggy 14 please.

Today is the last day of my taking the antibiotics which react against alcohol so tomorrow will be interesting. I shall be in a dilemma - to capitalise on the af week or to revert to character.??????

RN
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
    (Mark Twain)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport