Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Comments

• Sorry gregrangers, I've no idea, but maybe someone else will know, maybe an employee of Tesco? One who deals with these things? One can only hope!
  • i22kay
    i22kay Posts: 34 Forumite
    50 extra club card points when you buy tescos hair benefits shampoo £1.49 so £2 in deals i got 6 bottles its nice as i have used it my self I will stock up
    kay
  • i22kay
    i22kay Posts: 34 Forumite
    And conditioners as well get 50 points
    kay
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I recently bought an electronic item worth about £350 and was given an extra 500 points.
    I have since returned this item and been refunded because my girlfriend got one free through work.
    Can anybody tell me if the points will be deducted from my account again.
    It looks as if they haven't, is this a mistake? I don't to spend the point and then they come looking for them.

How recently? Did you see your points total jump up by the bonus points? Often points from bonus offers don't go on straight away - (see T & Cs of the offer for details), they may take 6 - 8 weeks to go on, but more likely at least 28 days - in-line with the no-quibble returns policy.
    So the points would have been due to you, if you had kept the item. However if they had been added - expect to see them deducted before the next mailing.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 September 2010 at 6:54PM
    I recently bought an electronic item worth about £350 and was given an extra 500 points.

I have since returned this item and been refunded because my girlfriend got one free through work.

Can anybody tell me if the points will be deducted from my account again.

It looks as if they haven't, is this a mistake? I don't to spend the point and then they come looking for them.
    ######
    You can't 'spend the points' before they're issued as vouchers received with your qtrly mailing. This qtr closes for points on 23 October and your vouchers will duly follow - up to 4/5 weeks later, usually early within this period, but not always.
    You need to check your points tally online to see whether or not any are being deducted from the running total.
    Check in to tesco.com>Clubcard>My Account - you'll see it there.

I sometimes read here of points being taken away and posted a while ago about a new notice announcing this deduction policy appearing on a local CS Customer Charter board - but it's never happened to me.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Hi all,

First time post on the Forums. I spoke to Tesco a little while ago about the recycling centres and they said it was their aim to get them into all Tesco Extra stores. Our local one is being upgraded now so hopefully we will get one (Nearest is near Stansted, 50 miles away! But luckily business takes me over that way once or twice a month)

However now when I take my dogs out for a walk I take an extra bag with me and pick up the cans I find on the way. Probably got around 250 points so far from it. Not bad for a few walks, and it makes my town a bit cleaner :)

:D Me too! Most mornings I find between 2 and 6 cans lying around, and as I walk past Tesco anyway, I stop off at the recycling centre on my way home and get rid of them straightaway (unless there's an odd number, then I hang on to the last one so as not to waste it, as you get 1 point for 2 cans).

I do get a bit embarrassed about picking them up though, I tend to have a quick look and check no one is around :o
  • Kt8
    Kt8 Posts: 255 Forumite
    does anyone know much about using their points for airmiles? we have about 3000 worth and the tesco website and airmiles website are useless
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Kt8 wrote: »
    does anyone know much about using their points for airmiles? we have about 3000 worth and the tesco website and airmiles website are useless

What is it you want to know? (I've always found Airmiles website quite good.)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • Kt8
    Kt8 Posts: 255 Forumite
    well for example the deals of the week, 3 day stay in new york and hotel, is so many points at the moment, so when you go to click and book into it with right dates then the points shoot up a few thousand?

is it best to know exactly where you want to go? we are quite open really but everytime we click something we see it ends up not being available or double the points/miles
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Kt8 wrote: »
    well for example the deals of the week, 3 day stay in new york and hotel, is so many points at the moment, so when you go to click and book into it with right dates then the points shoot up a few thousand?

is it best to know exactly where you want to go? we are quite open really but everytime we click something we see it ends up not being available or double the points/miles

Apologies for going a bit off-topic, but

Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street , 3 nights 400pts + £260 pp, + flights @ 5000pts pp - that one?

I've had a bit of a play, and that hotel has not shown available for any of the (random) dates I've tried.

I'd give them a ring to see if they can tell you what dates are available.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business