Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    Jude123 wrote: »
    Do an online shop and use the codes from the healthy living living club, you can get 2000 points for just one shop!

If you're lucky enough to get them. For the last 3 healthy club mailings the only voucher I've had is for a competition entry :-(
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • kiwikaz
    Options
    Hi all,

First time post on the Forums. I spoke to Tesco a little while ago about the recycling centres and they said it was their aim to get them into all Tesco Extra stores. Our local one is being upgraded now so hopefully we will get one (Nearest is near Stansted, 50 miles away! But luckily business takes me over that way once or twice a month)

However now when I take my dogs out for a walk I take an extra bag with me and pick up the cans I find on the way. Probably got around 250 points so far from it. Not bad for a few walks, and it makes my town a bit cleaner :)

Morning,

Read your post earlier this morning and thought what an excellent idea.
    So after dropping the kids off at school I collected a few on my way home.Did feel a bit daft mind you but as you said we're doing our bit to keep our towns cleaner.
    Had to check the whereabouts of my local recycling centre and, it's a few miles away but I do go into that town occasonally so I'll have to save them up and, hoard them in the shed. ( hope OH wont notice ! )
    I do hope they set a recycling centre up in our town as we've just had a Tesco Extra built which opened recently.

Never having used one of these before my perhaps daft question is;

Is it ok if the cans are flattened ? :rotfl:

Cheers, Karen.
    July £10 a day challenge £ 20.05 / £ 155
  • Littlesusie_2
    Options
    kiwikaz wrote: »
    Morning,

So after dropping the kids off at school I collected a few on my way home.Did feel a bit daft mind you but as you said we're doing our bit to keep our towns cleaner.
    Had to check the whereabouts of my local recycling centre and, it's a few miles away but I do go into that town occasonally so I'll have to save them up and, hoard them in the shed. ( hope OH wont notice ! )
    I do hope they set a recycling centre up in our town as we've just had a Tesco Extra built which opened recently.

Cheers, Karen.

NO! The sign on the machine says not to crush them. I keep mine in a large bag in the garage too. It does take a while to recycle a large black bag full so do it on a dry day
  • kiwikaz
    Options
    NO! The sign on the machine says not to crush them. I keep mine in a large bag in the garage too. It does take a while to recycle a large black bag full so do it on a dry day

Cheers Littlesusie,

Shame about that but hey ho " every little helps ! ).

Karen.
  • Stryder
    Stryder Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    Options
    kiwikaz wrote: »
    Morning,

Cheers, Karen.

Not a stupid question at all - but they are weighed to test validity, not scanned visually. So they are accepted in any condition.
    This is based upon Altrincham Road Store in Manchester and I have put though flattened and tricked "shards" of aluminium and they have been accepted. best to try it and see.

Soon, if you continue, you will love the "tyre flattened" pancake ones you pick up that are easy to to put in a box!
    TIPS:
    1) store out of doors - sometimes you get slugs living in them
    2) store in boxes rather than bags - this allows them to dry out and not "sweat" as there are always a little liquid left
    3) check the cans for promotions

Why do it: check out: http://www.wasteonline.org.uk/resources/InformationSheets/metals.htm#1

Recycling 1kg of aluminium saves up to 6kg of bauxite, 4kg of chemical products and 14 kWh of electricity.

* I have read that to run a laptop for a month, 8 hours a day, it takes about 10.8kWh

* 771g = energy for running a laptop for a year* (*based on a larger, inefficient laptop)

I just weighed a lager sized can which is 17g, pop can about 13g.
    If you average 15g, then only 50 cans will "run" your laptop for a month.

So I would say everyone should challenge themselves to 50 Alu cans a day off the streets, parks and verges (normal recycling "does not count" as it has to be recycled anyway".

with 50 cans you would get up to £1 in clubcard deals, cleaner streets and your laptop carbon neutral.
    ............... Have you ever wondered what
    ¦OO¬¬ O[]¦ Martin would look like
    ¦ _______ ¦ In a washing machine
    ¦ ((:money:)) ¦
    ¦
    ¦
    ¦''''''''''''""""""¦
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
  • Has anyone used an e-coupon on Tesco Direct and not received the extra points? Seems to have happened to me twice now and they also seem to have put points on another clubcard!
    Failing in my savings journey! :D

Scottish, British, Proud
  • ZanneBikinis
    Options
    Nice Thread,

Thanks,
    Zanee Bikins
  • kiwikaz
    kiwikaz Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stryder wrote: »
    Not a stupid question at all - but they are weighed to test validity, not scanned visually. So they are accepted in any condition.
    This is based upon Altrincham Road Store in Manchester and I have put though flattened and tricked "shards" of aluminium and they have been accepted. best to try it and see.

Soon, if you continue, you will love the "tyre flattened" pancake ones you pick up that are easy to to put in a box!
    TIPS:
    1) store out of doors - sometimes you get slugs living in them
    2) store in boxes rather than bags - this allows them to dry out and not "sweat" as there are always a little liquid left
    3) check the cans for promotions

Why do it: check out: http://www.wasteonline.org.uk/resources/InformationSheets/metals.htm#1

Recycling 1kg of aluminium saves up to 6kg of bauxite, 4kg of chemical products and 14 kWh of electricity.

* I have read that to run a laptop for a month, 8 hours a day, it takes about 10.8kWh

* 771g = energy for running a laptop for a year* (*based on a larger, inefficient laptop)

I just weighed a lager sized can which is 17g, pop can about 13g.
    If you average 15g, then only 50 cans will "run" your laptop for a month.

So I would say everyone should challenge themselves to 50 Alu cans a day off the streets, parks and verges (normal recycling "does not count" as it has to be recycled anyway".

with 50 cans you would get up to £1 in clubcard deals, cleaner streets and your laptop carbon neutral.

Thanks for all that info. Will give it a go. Definately worth it.

Also off to check out that web site.

Karen. :beer:
  • lanemondo
    Options
    Has anyone used an e-coupon on Tesco Direct and not received the extra points? Seems to have happened to me twice now and they also seem to have put points on another clubcard!

yep same as me, Ive used the 5000 points for furniture one, 500 points for general spend and 500 points for another one. No points whatsoever. I was told to expect points when new statement arrives but I'm doubtful. |Anyone else had the same problem?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure