Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Comments

• mrsg26
    mrsg26 Posts: 228 Forumite
    ampersand wrote: »
    Hello mrsg26,
    I do not know about your old style card, so I'm a bit confused by your post.
    Tesco Clubcard is not a savings card, but a Loyalty card. I am one of the lucky ones who has a Clubcard Plus[into which I 'bank' my shopping my at CS each time I go in], but they're not available atm.

You can still get double points on some spending with an ordinary CC and it would be worthwhile your looking in the new catalogue and seeing if your bed choice attracts bonus points[there are points offers].

You've made phonecalls, but have you used Freephone HO no. 0800-505555? Tesco Bank come under Tesco Personal Finance - they don't know about points/CC/offers etc.

On the HO Freephone, I'd express my unhappiness at not having been kept fully informed about my card status or updated re: changeover/alternative card. Explain exactly as you have in your post - have it ready on your computer to refer to. Express your bewilderment that a national retailer, to whom you are being loyal, seems so muddled and unprofessional:D;)and risks losing a near £400 single item sale....

For Clubcard matters, you may need another Freephone 0800-591688.

Good luck:)

Thanks for the advice...will try them again tomorrow. Sorry i realise that its a loyalty card - what i meant to say was that i have just become serious about collecting my points and wanted to maximise them all that i can. I hoped that by using my tesco bonus mastercard that i could also accumulate extra cc points - however not to be!!! They did tell me that i get a bonus back of one months interest at the end of each yr however i have certainly never noticed this in the 4 yrs i have had the card!!!
  • mrsg26
    If your old card does not give this, get it changed with TESCO to the one currently issued.

I suggested this to the rather rude Customer service agent at Tesco bank and she said i couldnt swap it as i already have an existing card...even tho it has been discontinued. She said i would have to close that and wait 8 months before applying!!! Was gobsmacked!!
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The machine accepts aluminium cans only. Most drinks cans are, but not all. Most tinned food is in steel cans but again there are some exceptions. The best way to test is to use a magnet. A magnet will NOT stick to an aluminium can.
    for more info and for where the machines are.... http://www.tesco.com/greenerliving/greener_tesco/what_tesco_is_doing/tesco_automated_recycling_centres.page?
    You must test the side of the can,not the ring-pull top,approx 50% of all beverage cans are made entirely of aluminium,the rest only have an aluminium top........Ex Alcoa Cash-a-Can regional manager.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • ajbisgr8 wrote: »
    Double check what sort of card you have before swapping. I've got a tesco platinum mastercard and gives far more points than the 1 for £4 one does!

There was an article in the media a while back about a couple that paid for their honeymoon by collecting cans and recycling them at tesco - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7654254.stm :rotfl:

Can you elaborate?what sort of rate are you getting for spending? no one has mentioned the TESCO platinum on here before that i have seen?
    Marry a Foreigner, its so much cheaper!
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mrsg26 wrote: »
    I suggested this to the rather rude Customer service agent at Tesco bank and she said i couldnt swap it as i already have an existing card...even tho it has been discontinued. She said i would have to close that and wait 8 months before applying!!! Was gobsmacked!!

It is like that with all banks and their credit card offers. If you already are a customer you have to cancel and wait a certain time.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • mrsg26
    Storck wrote: »
    It is like that with all banks and their credit card offers. If you already are a customer you have to cancel and wait a certain time.

I work for RBs and if a customer has an existing c/card then they can still apply for another...anyway maybe will try again tomorrow and dependent on the advisor may get some other info as none of the 3 were consistent anyway..one person did say that i should be able to upgrade but then the other person said no. Annoying!!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Any chance you might choose a bed from the new Mr T catalogue and gain double points on the purchase price plus an extra 5000 points?[when you spend 350 or more;order by 12/10]. Code TD-AWBY. The pull-out's set in at p.99, showing all the extra pts offers.
    You'll have min. £228 in rewards to take up, maybe more.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mrsg26
    ampersand wrote: »
    Any chance you might choose a bed from the new Mr T catalogue and gain double points on the purchase price plus an extra 5000 points?[when you spend 350 or more;order by 12/10]. Code TD-AWBY. The pull-out's set in at p.99, showing all the extra pts offers.
    You'll have min. £228 in rewards to take up, maybe more.

Yes it will be from the new catalogue - its is a kingsize silentnight which is half price at £387 - will net us 5774 points!!!! excited cos we were planning on buying a bed from dreams and when this points offer came on we looked at tesco and found exactly what we were looking for. We need to save £525 in vouchers so that will be a good start!!
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can you elaborate?what sort of rate are you getting for spending? no one has mentioned the TESCO platinum on here before that i have seen?

Tesco Platinum visa was discontinued to new customers several years ago, but mine gives me 1 point for every £2 spent anywhere, in addition to the normal clubcard points on Tesco spending.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    mrsg26 wrote: »
    I have only just started saving with tesco clubcard - i have an old style tesco bonus mastercard which has a clubcard number at the bottom of it. I havent really used the card so called this morning to find out what benefits this card gave me and was told none!! Can someone explain how clubcard points accrue with this card i.e is it just the exact same as a clubcard? I was hoping to purchase a bed at £387 and thought i could get extra points paying on the card rather than cash. Have spoken to 3 different people today @ tesco bank and all of them have given me conflicting info. Also if this card does not give any extra points then does anyone know how i could change it? thanks.

The 'Bonus' card doesn't give you 'finance' points - because you get an annual rebate instead.
    However, you still get your ordinary clubcard points. So if you are getting the bed from Tescos - you'll get points, but not if you buy it elsewhere.
    Try ringing the 'new card' no 0800 40 60 50 (I think) - to check ring the Clubcard no 0800 591688, why cancel the Bonus card - just don't use it, after the new one comes.
    Also, pick up a temporary card in-store - ring clubcard to get it registered and get it joined to your bonus card. Means you can get a pair of key ring cards - which a lot of people find useful.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport