£10 a month!!- taken by shopperdiscounts.co.uk/

Options

Comments

• lancelot4_2
    Options
    I got caught as well. I've had seven payments taken via a payment to Grattan (won't be using them again).
    They have promised to refund 3 payments automatically and I have had to send a form to get the rest. Really annoyed at having to waste my time with this nonsense but I guess the moral is, check your statements carefully.
  • 1912wild
    Options
    I had noticed a £10 debit from my joint bank acct going to shoppersdirect in this months bank statement....it rang a bell because I also had last months statement to hand and guess what...the same deduction on the same day in the month. Some further digging around and I found that due to my lax attention to detail I had been paying this for 14 months. What a !!!!!! Some swift digging on this site pointed me in the right direction and after a fairly pointed conversation they said they are refunding the whole lot. It was interesting that although they said they had not duped me the refund form thay use is called an "Unauthorized Charge Affidavit". Asked how they got my details it would appear that I "signed up" whilst placing an Interflora order on the Interflora website. Interflora do indeed mention this company.........but only in their very small print in the FAQ's and I can not find any mention of signing up or handing over my bank details during a dummy run of the order process. Funny how they so readily want to refund if everything is above board!!!
  • tiakira
    Options
    I just found out this morning that i have paid into this £120!! I contacted them straight away on 0800731 9935 , spoke to a really nice guy who has refunded 3mths for me and sent me a form to complete to get the rest back. You really have to ask to speak to a supervisor tho, best of luck:j:j
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 August 2011 at 2:21AM
    Options
    Hi I also got caught out with this company Via Ticketmaster but noticed straight away. Got a refund for my £10. The thing is has anyone got anything else of this company for their money other than the original £10 off voucher. Since it called shopperdiscounts what service do they actually provide. I am killing my self laughing I just went on shopperdiscounts web site it is full of complaints from angry customers. Not a good way to run any kind of business that's if it is a business. I cant see how it can be with the amount of refunds they have to give back. xxxx
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How does that contradict the fact that it's 'not a recent thing'? Just because your mum got caught out just before Christmas doesn't mean that she was one of the first...

no idea why i made the comment i did
    meer53 wrote: »
    My post said they've been operating for a couple of years now, it's not a recent issue. That means that (most) people have been aware of Shopperdiscounts for a long time, understand now ?

yes i understood in first place but as above no idea why i made that comment

apologies meer and magentalady
  • misti
    misti Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I'm just doing my accounts & have noticed they have been taking money from my account too.

I purchased a George Michael ticket thru ticketmaster, & it said if you signed up to this you would get 15% discount of next ticket.

So I thought it was worth signing up for, just incase. That it would be like quidco or cashback & this was just a way of getting new customers.

But I haven't brought anything & they have been taking money from account since May so £30 so far.

Can I get this back? Any advice on best way. I've sent 2 emails tonight will call on Monday.

So not happy, I thought ticketmaster was reputable. I saw nothing on this site saying they would take money. I've had no emails saying they are taking money, its only that I checked my bank account I saw it.

There should be a campaign for them to be closed & for ticketmaster to drop them. Swindle x
  • bryocool
    Options
    SInce reading this I have checked my credit cards and find that I have been paying £10/month since August 2009 to Shopper Discounts!! I phoned them up to complain and they can refund 3 months straight away. They then said that a form will be sent to me to fill in then the full refund will be issued. There was no issue at all with the refund. As long as the service has not been used which it hadn't considering I didn't realise I was paying for the service. I'll keep you posted about the full refund and comment accordingly. It is a reminder to me and everyone to continually check your credit card statements. My credit cards are paid monthly by DD and I also requested a paperless billing, so I never really checked on line. My credit cards have now been put back to a paper billing. Be very wary of anything you sign up to that entices you to get a small %age off a purchase particularly when you enter credit card details.
  • Evilm
    Evilm Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Options
    FYI - Also saw this on WH Smiths website the other day as well showing as "£10 discount - click here for t&cs". Obviously I did and saw that it was this and would take £10 a month from me so didn't click the button to say Yes.
  • Snowflake
    Options
    bryocool wrote: »
    SInce reading this I have checked my credit cards and find that I have been paying £10/month since August 2009 to Shopper Discounts!! I phoned them up to complain and they can refund 3 months straight away. They then said that a form will be sent to me to fill in then the full refund will be issued. There was no issue at all with the refund. As long as the service has not been used which it hadn't considering I didn't realise I was paying for the service. I'll keep you posted about the full refund and comment accordingly. It is a reminder to me and everyone to continually check your credit card statements. My credit cards are paid monthly by DD and I also requested a paperless billing, so I never really checked on line. My credit cards have now been put back to a paper billing. Be very wary of anything you sign up to that entices you to get a small %age off a purchase particularly when you enter credit card details.

I am in a similar situation and cannot believe that I didnt pick it up before now.OMG hope I get something back!!
    Sarah
  • SEBBY90
    Options
    I was invited to join this when I purchased my daughter's train ticket via the trainline a couple of weeks ago. Personally I thought it was very clear about the subscription as soon as the advert came up. It is after all each individual's decision whether to try it out. I personally have had no problems with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure