£10 a month!!- taken by shopperdiscounts.co.uk/

Options
1235»

Comments

• dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been stung for £10 by these parasites.

I bought a product from 'mymemory' at the begining of January for £9.99 with free postage. I've bought from them in the past and they were always a straight-up, decent company....until now.

They will be getting commission from 'shopper discounts' for everyone they 'pass on'.

I definately DID NOT click anything after making my card payment, and wouldn't of - i rarely buy on-line, and if i do it's normally via paypal (ebay or amazon)

Contacted my bank and cancelled my debit card. They will NOT be getting £10 out of me...

Well I use my memory on a regular basis. Yes they do partner with shoppers discount.
    But you have to CLICK ON THE OFFER to take it up. Not that they simply pass your details on.

Stopping your card will not stop them from taking further payments.
    Check your emails as shoppers discount email you on sign up. (check spam folder)
    Them ring shoppers discount on THEIR FREEPHONE number...

Scammers offering a freephone number :rotfl:What ever next....
    You might even get your £10 back if you are nice :eek:
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • fol
    fol Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:32PM
    Options
    just found out i have been [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] by shoppers discount so stopped the payment from my credit card but my card is no good till they send me a new one along with a form to fill in.
    i rang shoppers discount up to find out whats going on and they told me i signed up for it when i got a tv from ARGOS
    ARGOS gave me a card saying would i like £15 of my next perchace so i went online to register and was redirected and thats where the scam happens.
    DO NOT let ARGOS or SHOPPERS DISCOUNT do this to anyone else
    i only have 6 mouths statements and £10 was taken from them all
    i know its my fault for not checking but when you shop at the same place most your life you feel they can be trusted and it was the only place i had used the card so i felt safe .
    will not shop at ARGOS again ,even if they dont know this is happening they should still share the blame ,if i hadnt shopped there i would be at least £60 better off.
    and i still got charged when i phoned the free phone number.
  • mayhem73
    Options
    I have had a similar problem after shopping online at Argos. Just noticed two payments of £10 debited from my account.
    Found this forum and realized I was lucky compared to others.
    I politely called shopperdiscounts.co.ukthis morning and informed them of the error and asked for this to be rectified. I was shocked when I was informed "Your family or someone else in your household have been using your card"
    I live alone, my family are in another county. The guy insisted I be more careful in future. This got my back up, so I informed him of the other complaints I had seen on Money Forums all over the internet. His response, "Don't believe small minded peoples comments online, they are all lying" I then stupidly mentioned a swear word (F**k) in my sentence and was informed, "Sorry, I cant deal with your call if you are going to use language like that". I apologized, and said I was rather annoyed that he would blame my family for this error when there were so many other people claiming the same thing. He put the phone down on me. Great, take my money and refuse to help me get it back.
    I will be reporting this to Watch-Dog or a similar authority.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    mayhem73 wrote: »
    I have had a similar problem after shopping online at Argos. Just noticed two payments of £10 debited from my account.
    Found this forum and realized I was lucky compared to others.
    I politely called shopperdiscounts.co.ukthis morning and informed them of the error and asked for this to be rectified. I was shocked when I was informed "Your family or someone else in your household have been using your card"

So when you bought the product from Argos. Did you take up the offer of a discount off the next purchase?
    Would I be correct with that statement?

What that staff member said was spot on. Someone has used your card. Guess that was you then.
    It was not a error on their part.
    It was a error on your part NOT TO read the T/C of the offer.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • GunRun
    Options
    What a scam, I purchased protein on line from Discount Supplements and received mail with a £15 discount on my next purchase. I noticed this month that I had a £10 deduction on my bank statement and tracked deductions back to September 2013. At no time did I agree to sign up to this deduction and after browsing and finding other victems I called the company and demanded a stop and a refund. This was done with no argument which seems to be an indication that the method used to sign people up to this scheme is if not outright illegal very close to it. Beware of any online discounts after a purchase and keep an eye on your bank statements!!:j
  • akinyemiamos
    Options
    This company took away £10.00 from my credit card without giving them any authorisation to do so. I could remember I used the same card to order pizza from Domino few months ago. My question is how does this company get my card details?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This company took away £10.00 from my credit card without giving them any authorisation to do so. I could remember I used the same card to order pizza from Domino few months ago. My question is how does this company get my card details?

Have you read the advice given by MSE on the thread...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure