£10 a month!!- taken by shopperdiscounts.co.uk/

Options

Comments

• nikkicroxall
    Options
    OMG, i just found this company has been taken money from an account that is not even used. Apparently i agreed to the membership after a cashback offer on pizzahut. The snotty advisor told me 'we dont just give money away you know'. Who the hell does she think she is. And then, when my claim form came through on email, you cant actually fill it in and email it back like she advised me to do. It has to be printed and posted. I DONT HAVE A DAM PRINTER. FURIOUS.
  • SlipperyJim63
    Options
    It was 999inks who stitched me up in January -fortunately my bank called querying other payments and I couldn't identify this one. The very friendly lady at:
    phone 0800 731 9935 caved in immediately and offered to refund the last payment and send me a form to claim back the rest. Apparently I signed up when I ordered through 999 inks -they say they don't pass on card details and Shopper Discounts say that I must have filled out my card details on a form which comes up asking if I wanted a discount on my next order.
    I guess that I should read my statements more.
  • tugboat1
    tugboat1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:29PM
    Options
    Thanks to the advice and letter template from this site i have had all of the money taken from my bank account by the above company returned to me!!!!.
    Thankyou so much for the fantastic advice and as you stated the bank do not give up the fact that there are avenues that customers can pursue to get reimbursed.
    My advice to all the other victims of this [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] is to follow this sites advice and get your money back.
    My bank account was accessed [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] over an 11 month period with me having £155 taken i had not noticed as at the time i was buying bits and pieces off E bay and it did not register to me what was happening. DO NOT let your banks fob you off they have a legal obligation to ensure our accounts are safe from these types of fraud. Also ensure you close the account with the above company they appear to be quite efficent at doing this once they are rumbeled which i think is part of the scam as they play the innocent...... Once again Thankyou what a super site this is....:j:T:beer:
  • tugboat1
    Options
    I meant to mention i got stitched up when i booked through Premier Inn so beware it is lots of these so called big companies that give the above the access to their customers.:mad::mad:
  • SkipperT
    SkipperT Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:30PM
    Options
    2013 and Shoppers discount are still allowed [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. I just received my viza bill and notice a £10 charge. Im a person who does not sign up for subscriptions so was very shocked to see this on my bill. I put them into search bar and this forum came up so I joined and read the posts. I was gobsmacked to see it was a scam. Wondering how I actually got subscribed,thinking back I had done a transaction with ARGOS begining of Dec 12,they must of gave my details to them. So armed with all I learnt from this forum I called Barclaycard,who are aware of this shoppers discount and have refunded my tenner and placed a stop on any future attempts of fraud,only thing is I called them off my mobile and was on the phone for 17mins so probably cost me a tenner to put a stop to it. Ive tried to email shoppers discount to find out how they got my details and got no reply (no suprise there then ). Im next going to HAND write a letter of complaint to Argos telling them exactly what I think of their snidy behavour.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    Thread started >> 20-07-2010 <<

2 years plus and people still not realising what they are doing...

To the last poster. Through Argos it opens a new window which gives you full details.....
    Been there done that got the emails and cancelled without a single debit.:D

Contact them FREE....

0800 731 9935 or 0808 234 1539 (free phone)

They are a company who never debit after people have asked them to stop taking payments.

Complaining to the likes of watchdog is a waste of time and my licence payers money :mad:

Speak to shoppers discount and find out who passed your details and then complain to the co who's site you used.

People also have to remember many people are happy to use them to save cash on purchases.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • SSA123
    Options
    I have just finished reading all the threads about shopper discounts and would like to advise all of those with negative comments to go go back to college and brush up on your English! How daft some of the comments that have been made about this company!! YOU CAN ONLY JOIN THIS COMPANY BY INVITATION ONLY, LIKE I HAVE! The company can only have access to your card details when you are making a purchase through a online company such as La redoute and then you are asked if you would be interested in joining the company to get cashback. They do not steal your card details but it is the daft people that are so keen on getting free money that they forget to read the T & C's or can't simply understand plain English!! I have been using them for 2 years and absoluteluy love them, they offer 20% discounted vouchers for argos, currys, etc, they pay the fee of £10 back to me each month as long as I make a purchase from the retailer that I joined through and I get 10% cashback on most retailers. I have purchased £500 worth of currys vouchers with 20% discount (for £400) and then I purchased a ipad and got a further 10% cashback(that's £50 - for those that need to brush up on their maths & english skills!!). In total I saved £150 already on a ipad. This is just one item of many that i bought at low discounted prices, such as a TV, Xbox with kinect, etc. I don't know what I'd do wihout this company!!
    Advice for everyone, read T & Cs before signing up. Only fortunate people can join this company as it's by invitation only. Well worth it!
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    Options
    SSA123 wrote: »
    They do not steal your card details but it is the daft people that are so keen on getting free money that they forget to read the T & C's or can't simply understand plain English!!
    Advice for everyone, read T & Cs before signing up. Only fortunate people can join this company as it's by invitation only. Well worth it!

Sage advice.......

But, a 1st post and pro Shoppersdiscount :cool:

I do agree that many people must be happy with them, or they would still not be trading.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • ...Time_for_a_brew_then..
    ...Time_for_a_brew_then.. Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2013 at 3:31PM
    Options
    [text deleted by MSE Forum Team]

I bought a product from 'mymemory' at the begining of January for £9.99 with free postage. I've bought from them in the past and they were always a straight-up, decent company....until now.

They will be getting commission from 'shopper discounts' for everyone they 'pass on'.

I definately DID NOT click anything after making my card payment, and wouldn't of - i rarely buy on-line, and if i do it's normally via paypal (ebay or amazon)

Contacted my bank and cancelled my debit card. They will NOT be getting £10 out of me...
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Contacted my bank and cancelled my debit card. They will NOT be getting £10 out of me...
    Pretty sure that won't work.

Have you read the advice given by MSE on the thread...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure