£10 a month!!- taken by shopperdiscounts.co.uk/

Options

Comments

• magentalady
    Options
    Is this the thing where it says something like 'click here to claim a £10 cashback incentive on your next purchase' or words to that effect after you've completed a transaction? I've noticed that a few times before and thought it looked a bit dodgy but thankfully have never actually signed up to it.
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Is this the thing where it says something like 'click here to claim a £10 cashback incentive on your next purchase' or words to that effect after you've completed a transaction? I've noticed that a few times before and thought it looked a bit dodgy but thankfully have never actually signed up to it.

I believe so. [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    I refer the late comers to my previous answer
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    They've been about for a couple of years now, it's not a recent thing.

they havent as my mum got caught out just before xmas via some perfume website
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It is clear what people are signing up to if they read the T&C's.

I ordered via Ticketmaster, during the order process, I was offered money £5 off my next purchase. To take advantage I had to tick a box to say I had read the T&C's. Having quickly glanced at them I saw a subscription was payable, so never signed up to get a money off voucher.

I received no charges from them.

The dispute seems to be that people are claiming that they like me, they didn't take up the money off next purchase offer, but still got charged by shopperdiscounts.

So two conclusions, either people did sign up for it, unknowingly or they didn't bother to read the T&C's or companies affailiated with them are passing on people details to them anyway.

Now I know I hadn't signed up for it, so had I started to get charged, I would have been straight on to Ticketmaster to say what the hell are you doing passing my details on etc..etc...
  • Spartacus_Mills
    Spartacus_Mills Posts: 5,545 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Anyone concerned about this and how this company operates should read the full thread and ignore the trolls and WUM's.

This is a money saving forum after all and warning people about [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] is all part of it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=819869
    "There's no such thing as Macra. Macra do not exist."
    "I could play all day in my Green Cathedral".
    "The Centuries that divide me shall be undone."
    "A dream? Really, Doctor. You'll be consulting the entrails of a sheep next. "
  • balmk
    balmk Posts: 624 Forumite
    Options
    This is not a scam - you are required to provide a level of interaction in order to complete the transaction which allows the company to bill you on a monthly basis.

Just because you don't read the information on the page before you press "submit" doesn't make it a scam.

You have also told us that they will refund any monies taken if you contact them. Scammers do not do this.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2013 at 3:26PM
    Options
    Anyone concerned about this and how this company operates should read the full thread and ignore the trolls and WUM's.

This is a money saving forum after all and warning people about scams is all part of it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=819869

You could also save money by not paying your virgin media bill for a few months, it wouldn't change the fact you are using the service and have to pay still.

The only useful post so far is..

fozmcfc wrote: »
    I ordered via Ticketmaster, during the order process, I was offered money £5 off my next purchase. To take advantage I had to tick a box to say I had read the T&C's. Having quickly glanced at them I saw a subscription was payable, so never signed up to get a money off voucher.

I received no charges from them.

The dispute seems to be that people are claiming that they like me, they didn't take up the money off next purchase offer, but still got charged by shopperdiscounts.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

With the exception of the above post, so far most seem to be have turned out to be people directed to the website, signign up for the free trial, forgetting to cancel and being billed further down the line -- then going around saying 'they scammed me out of £x'.

I'm not saying they are a completely legitimate business and reading the above post they sound pretty sleazy on how they suck you in -- but not all complains are legitimate either. And when people come on stating they was mis-sold the service or mislead into agreeing to it without realising the fees then i'm sure responses will be more positive :D
  • magentalady
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »

How does that contradict the fact that it's 'not a recent thing'? Just because your mum got caught out just before Christmas doesn't mean that she was one of the first...
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »

My post said they've been operating for a couple of years now, it's not a recent issue. That means that (most) people have been aware of Shopperdiscounts for a long time, understand now ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure