Stop being a Wimp!... DMP Journey

Options

Comments

• jackies41
    jackies41 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ellie

I actually feel quite calm at the moment nothing in the post and no phone calls, not sure if this is all going to change or my creditors have accepted the DMP plan who knows.

Hope you dont have too many letters

speak soon jackiexxxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Jackie, yes I feel strangely calm at the moment, long may it continue:)

So I arrived home to a mountain of post but left it all until this moment to open and..... the majority was for insurance for the over 50's as OH had his birthday last week.:rotfl:

Just had one letter from a CC saying pay up or else but it's just a standard letter from what I can tell.

I feel much better than I have for a long time and the initial panic has worn off and been replaced with a feeling of determination;)

I'm going to send the last of my token payments and take whats left of my salary out of the bank this morning.

On the downside, I haven't been able to sort out my budget properly because I'm working away and this means I have a couple of hundred pounds in expenses but when I get paid at the end of the month I can put this away, so in one way it has been put aside where I can't touch it, if you know what I mean.

Panic rating 1/10
    Bladder behind eyes 1/10
    Feeling of failure 1/10
    Support from OH 6/10
  • jackies41
    Options
    Hi Ellie

Good that you havnt had too much horrible post. I cant believe I have had no phone calls or snotty letters in the post for about 5 days now, hope this is a good sign.

No I feel a bit cross with myself as have over spent on break in Poole am now short of money until the end of the month. I have bought some uniform though which didnt help.

Hubby off for a week now so have told him that he needs to put his hand in his pocket this week instaed of me, then going to parents in Norfolk for a few days.

Yes the panic has now worn off and like you determination has set in, and sod the lot of them I need to live. CANT WAIT FOR PAY DAY THOUGH still have loads of stuff for kids to buy.

Keep determend Jackiexxxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Hi Jackie, I totally agree with you re: determination and let's hope it lasts:)

Getting away to your parents will do you good too!

Payday will soon come around;)

Ellie xx
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Ellieseleven

Just saw your thread and thought I would have a nosy.

I'm glad that you are sorting things out with your finances, stress levels are bound to go up and down until things settle down with your creditors.

I see that you and jackie are also members of the 'My OH - Grrrr :mad:' club.

There seems to be a lot of us about -maybe I should start a support thread :rotfl:

EE
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Hi Eager Elephant, thanks for your comments and yes I think a OH support thread would be a great idea and I'm sure both Jackie and me would be number one subscribers:)

At the moment I'm trawling through cancelling DD's from one bank account and setting them up on the other, so quite tedious but trying to get as much done before I'm away again next week.;)

We are going out for a family meal later today so that will be a nice treat and youngest daughter gets 40% off the bill at the place we are going to so we don't feel guilty doing this!!

Still feeling quite positive and determined but still playing the waiting game at the moment so, perhaps this is the calm before the storm:o

Panic rating 1/10
    Bladder behind eyes 1/10
    Feeling of failure 1/10
    Support from OH 2/10
  • jackies41
    Options
    Hi Ellie

Away again!!!! you are busy enjoy your family meal you shouldnt feel guilty anyway you deserve it.

Lots of trips planned this week funned by my hubby I hope.

Hope you have some good news this week

Jackiexxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Just a quick update as I am working away again this week so can only pop on here every now and again (feel like I'm having withdrawal symptoms!)

Still in an upbeat sort of a mood and feel tons better than 3 weeks ago. Preditors will now all have my token payments so will probably hear something this week but OH won't answer the phone or open the post which I am quite glad about as he is very likely to insult whoever is on the other end of the phone.

Had a fab meal with the family last night which came to £88 for 12 of us with daughters discount!!!!!! Booked in again for end of month for my mum's birthday;)

Panic rating 1/10 (quite chilled in fact)
    Bladder behind eyes 0/10
    Feeling of failure 1/10
    Support from OH... hmmmmm!

Watch some £$%^^%% come along and spoil my new found calm approach so that I'm off the scale again:eek:
  • jackies41
    Options
    Hi Ellie
    Its funny I feel tons better than I did weeks ago as well I think once you have made the decission, their is no turning back and you kind of feel liberated.

Glad you had a good meal with family blimey £88 for 12 thats good money well spent.

Off to Bournemouth with in-laws tomorrow for a meal and a stroll on the sea front

No phone calls no letters can it last!!!!!

Have a good week Jackiexxxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    jackies41 wrote: »
    Hi Ellie
    Its funny I feel tons better than I did weeks ago as well I think once you have made the decission, their is no turning back and you kind of feel liberated.

Glad you had a good meal with family blimey £88 for 12 thats good money well spent.

Off to Bournemouth with in-laws tomorrow for a meal and a stroll on the sea front

No phone calls no letters can it last!!!!!

Have a good week Jackiexxxx

Hi Jackie, just popping in to say hello (supposed to be working!)

I know what you mean, every now and then I keep thinking "God, what have I done?" but like you say there is no going back so just have to get on with things and really there is no point worrying over any of it or at least that is what I'm telling myself.

Spoke to OH last night but he didn't mention any letters or anything, so maybe it's quiet for now- who knows:o

You are lucky to have family by the sea, make the most of it during the summer hols. Hope the weather is o.k. I'm in London and it's rained most of the day!

Panic rating 1/10
    Bladder behind eyes 1/10
    Feeling of failure 2/10
    Support from OH.... out of sight, out of mind LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business