Stop being a Wimp!... DMP Journey

Options

Comments

• jackies41
    jackies41 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ellie

Back from break just read your threads really sorry that you are having such a hard time both of you.

Apparentley Argos keep ringing while Ive been away so I am getting phone calls. If It makes you feel any better I have £15 in my purse no access to any more money and six days until pay day and no food in the house. And have now had a massive row with hubby after sitting in traffice for 4 hours should only take 2, because I have asked him to give me some money to go food shopping.

Beggining to wish I hadnt come back to all this doom and gloom

Hope things start to get better Jackiexxxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Jackie, yes they were certainly right when they said that this journey would be a rollercoaster!! Lets hope it calms down soon:)

Ellie xx
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    (((Ellieseleven & jackies41)))

Hugs to both of you - you are both having a tough time but it will get better.

EE
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Thanks Eager Elephant, this week has been pretty lousy but we just have to keep going and hope that things get better

Ellie xx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    I'm going to whisper this as I don't want to tempt fate but phone calls seem to have died down a bit sshhhh!

After our few days of total meltdown we have emerged a bit stronger:) We are still here to tell the tale and have not been carted off to debters hell:eek:

We have had our letter from CCCS outlining the DMP and the payments that are being offered/made to our CC's - fingers crossed now that they accept but in the words of many other DFW's "They can't have what we haven't got!"

My wonderful parents have helped us out this week (not for the first time either), this has made an immense difference to us:T

So back to the waiting game now to see if CC's accept payments.

Going to the supermarket this morning to fill up on essentials, we have managed to stay well within our budget for food this month and our freezer is full:)

Panic rating 1/10
    Bladder behind eyes 5/10
    Feeling of failure 4/10
    Support from OH 2/10
  • jackies41
    Options
    Hi Ellie

Good that your phone calls have died down lets hope it stays this way. Just had a phone call from Aqua and a August bill asking me to pay £236.00 minimum payment so they have ignored all correspondance thought it was too good to be true that I hadnt heard from them.

Just been to Sainsburys should have enough food until payday hopefully but hve no money to take kids anywhere. they have done a lot the last couple of weeks so they shouldnt be too bothered lets hope.

Bit of an atmosphere in the house today cant wait for hubby to take the kids out this afternoon need some me time.

Good that your parents have helped you out mu mum gave me a bag of food coz she felt sorry for me, bit sad really that it has got to this.

Hope you have a good day Jackiexxxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Hi Jackie, hope that you are o.k. Are the letters that you are getting computer generated? I've had statements from barclaycard asking for full payment but then another letter to say interest and charges frozen whilst dmp is set up.

I'm sure that your kids will be fine and as you say they have had two breaks in a short space of time so will probably be happy not doing much.

I hate having to ask my parents for help, I feel that I should be treating them not the other way round. My mum is fantastic with money and would be devastated if she knew the extent of our debt so I have not said anything about a dmp but they know that we are struggling to keep everything together.

Your hubby will come around in his own time I suspect but its horrible when there's an atmosphere in the house on top of everything else that you have to cope with.

Speak soon
    Ellie xx
  • jackies41
    Options
    Hi Ellie

I know what you mean about parent mine lent me £500 in February this year which I still havnt paid back not they have asked for it. I told them I was a bit short if they knew the extent of my situation I think they would be quite shocked with me.

I think they think I am the sensible one. And like your parents very good with money I havnt told them about DMP either I would rather they didnt know.

Havnt had any more letters just a statement from Aqua with minimum payment of £236
    i am hoping they are just a bit slow at sorting things out, but they did call me yesterday. Good news about Barclaycard, I was really worried about them but have just had a statement with all interest stopped and acceptance of minimum payment. So hopefully they will stop for you as well.

I thought payment was going out to creditors on the 25th August but when I looked at my planm on tthe CCCS webiste it says 1st Septemeber which I was a little bit dissapointed about, but whats another week I suppose.

Hope you aer ok r u off next week as well?

Jackiexxx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Morning Jackie, I think that some of the letters and statements are now getting crossed in the post, I'm getting letters demanding payment in the same post as letters accepting reduced payments. I'm just filing everything away.

I thought that payments went out on 25th of the month to creditors as well, I can't see my account on line yet (still waiting for my password).

I do not know what I would do without my parents, they have been so good to us, I can never repay them. They just shrug it off and say "Well, it will be yours one day anyway" - this just makes me sad:(

I am off again next week and feeling much better, so plan to enjoy the week and make the most of it:)

Hope that you are o.k. and that your hubby is "behaving" LOL

Speak soon
    Ellie xx
  • Ellieseleven
    Options
    Now that I have had all the figures from CCCS showing a breakdown for each creditor I feel much better in myself.

My DMP is set to run for 10 years 11 months:eek: but I'm sure that I can get that down, so that's my goal!!! My car payments finish in 16 months and if that amount is transferred onto the dmp and I can up the payments from year 2 onwards, I reckon I can finish the dmp in 7 years 5 months. If I'm really good at this budgeting lark and tighten our belts a bit more then we could go for 5 years 3 months. It's early days yet so not sure if 5+ years is a bit adventurous but 7+ years is certainly doable:)

Working this out has made me feel positive about the future again and that there is a way out. If we had carried on struggling then we would have never paid off our debt and this would have an enormous impact on our retirement. As it stands now we may just be debt free a good few years before retirement.

Panic rating 1/10
    Bladder behind eyes 2/10
    Feeling of failure 3/10
    Support from OH 3/10
    Determination 9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts