PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Odd food combos

Comments

• guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    love this thread :D my fav combo is pork pies with beans and coleslaw all on the same plate. Cant really think of any others :)
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • Haha, my children think I'm gross for eating peanut butter, cheese and marmite sandwiches - I can't wait for them to come home from school so I can prove I'm not the only one! :j They are even better with pickled onions and tomato sauce! Yummy!!!

Baked beans topped with leftover mash and cheese make a gorgeous pie. Especially when you mix it all together on your plate!

We regularly have a "mix-up night" where we sit down to whatever random bits of food/leftovers I've found that need eating and help ourselves (though I try not to do it if we have guests lol). There's never anything left!

And finally... no, water from upstairs taps is not for drinking!
  • Lirin
    Lirin Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Chips, wotsits and ice-cream go well together.

My partner's suffered through caramalised onion ice-cream (for no particular reason- just wanted to see what it tasted like. Not that different to honeycomb actually), lemon stirfry (with nothing else. Started then realised I hadn't bought any vegetables that week), chocolate mashed potatoes (I like both so wondered what they tasted like together- BAD. Not a keeper!), and a variety of varied stir-fries with every type of fruit, vegetable and meat in them....

Recently made polenta balls with spicy vegetables inside- very nice!
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    I once house shared with a French student who cooked a Sunday dinner for me and my partner.

It was roast chicken, dry pasta with the chicken fat poured over and over boiled peas and canned carrots.
    I really could not get my head around the pasta at all as we had spuds in but this seemed normal to her.
    She also did bananas and custard cold on toast..ugh

I will try most things but I like others can not add pasta where it should be spuds. Daft I know
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    I often think to myself as I am eating something:I wouldn't be eating this if I had company,but I can't think of any examples....Apart from having porridge for your evening meal and so on.
    I like cheese on toast,spreading the bread with Marmite and adding thin slices of tomato or cucumber before adding the cheese.Then topped off with grainy mustard.The tomato/cucumber can be very hot as in burny burny hot,but it's a risk worth taking.
    Toast or bread with Marmite,cheese and onion marmalade is yummy too.
    I love Marmite and peanut butter sandwiches with sliced cucumber.
    I love the sound of Marmite,peanut butter and cheese sandwiches and will be trying that out.Isn't it a bit dry though?
    My fave has to be a honey,banana and peanut butter sandwich.What's strange about that?;)
    I'm really enjoying reading this thread!
  • parsonswife8
    parsonswife8 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    :jBest ever toasted sandwich......bacon and banana, followed closely by bacon and avocado:j

;) Felines are my favourite ;)
  • mathsus
    mathsus Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tonight's tea after an Asda Whoops!fest:

endamame bean salad 10p
    kabanos sausages 10p
    mexican potato wedges 10p

followed by a Crunch Corner - 6 for 50p

Yey!
  • marlasinger
    marlasinger Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't eat any weird food combos, but a girl I work with has peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches. :eek:
    marlasinger

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    I ll make up all sorts of things with leftovers .
    Our favs are .
    Pasta with curry sauce and any meats or veg left over
    Omlettes with any left over veg or meat
    left over rice,stir fried with egg and bits of fish .

There s just so many we ll try to use everything up,we are currently doing this to use up a freezer before our holidays
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • wmf wrote: »
    This isn't exactly about left overs - more a satisfying mix. Anyone else stand in the kitchen with a banana in one hand and a dessert spoon of peanut butter in the other and take bite about? Yum (no double dipping the spoon back in the jar though:naughty:)
    Really fancy the earlier suggestion of marmite, tuna, baked beans and cheese on toast. Will defintely try that one.
    W

One of my favourite breakfasts is crunchy peanut butter and banana on a tiger roll...which i discovered one day when I had nothing else in for my lunch. It has been a firm favourite ever since.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure