🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Sun £9.50 Holidays

Options

Comments

• HandsInTheRuck
    Options
    Could someone tell me what the dates are for these?
    Are there any in September?
  • salt_and_pepper
    Options
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/sun-holidays[/URL]

Appears they are for holidays in September, October and November this time- can't seem to find any parks abroad.
  • cazbie16
    cazbie16 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Copied from above link:

One of the reasons these hols are so cheap is that you can’t pick the exact date and place. You have to specify FIVE dates and parks you'd like.
    The £9.50 hols can be taken on selected dates between September and November 2010. Weekend breaks are three nights and weekday holidays are four nights.

Monday-Friday (4 night breaks) can start: 13, 20, 27 September; 4, 11, 18, 25 October; or 1, 8, 15, 22 November. Friday-Monday (three-night breaks) can start: 17, 24 September; 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 October; or 5, 12, 19, 26 November.

For two, three or four people sharing the basic cost will be £38, five people sharing will cost £47.50, six sharing £57, seven sharing £66.50 and eight sharing £76. Go to the Sun website for a full list of the dates you can choose.
    This site rocks and has saved me loads -
    thanks to all those that post on the forums and have saved me money
    ;)
  • twinkle_n_spud
    Options
    I know that this is a real long shot and people probably get fed up of everyone asking but if anyone has a priority code that they are not going to use please could you bear me in mind? We nearly always get one and it's our main holiday, but ours hasn't come through the post yet so I thought I would ring them and was told I've "not been successful this time" :( and with a new baby too it's just typical, sods law eh!? Thanks.
    Member No. 11 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club! 102 to go. :D
  • Diamond78
    Diamond78 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have never booked a holiday through the Sun newspaper. What difference does it make if you have a priority code? I would love to book a break for me, my son and my friend and her son to cheer them up. I have read that you are not guarenteed the dates you choose so I am a bit worried if it clashes with the school days, hopefully not. If the priority codes makes a difference and someone has a spare code, I would much appreciated it if i could have one too, I know lot's of people have asked,so it would be real nice of someone who won'tt be using the code if we can have one too, if not thanks anyway.
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    d_dixon50 wrote: »
    My brother has just come back from a Sun holiday to Pontins (Brean) and hated every moment of it, decor was 70's/80's everything was insanely expensive, and full off chav type couples that let their kids do whatever they wanted while they drank in the bar, there was also nothing for their youngest to do more geared towards kids of 6 and over.

Trouble is, you'd get that at Pontins even if you hadn't booked with the Sun. If you don't like nasty holidays, best avoid Pontins, as that's all they offer.

The Sun do offer other sites other than Pontins though. The best thing to do is to have a look at what sites you'd be interested in and then take a look on Trip Advisor for the warts and all reviews. It usually gives you a pretty realistic picture.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    If you have a priority code you can book earlier - and are more likely to get your choice of dates and parks.

If you've never booked one before, you will have to save the vouchers in the Sun newspaper. It's a bit of a chore finding five parks and five dates, you then get what you are given - but it's worth the hassle because then you will be offered priority codes from then on (hopefully).
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you put in an application that only specifies one or two dates and one or two parks are you less favourably looked on? I want to try and go to Eurodi$ney during half term and wouldn't drag my DD out of school for a holiday like that.

I guess I won't be devastated if I don't get the booking but wondered if by not putting down the right number of choices, that'll mean I'll have my application taken out of the pile.
  • kemo_2002
    kemo_2002 Posts: 1,507 Forumite
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this, never gone before. I am really intrested in participating this year but dont have priority code so will have to get in line. Can anyone recommend places to go in the uk, there will be me and my partner and our 18 month old - looking for begining of september. Were from the east mids, really wud of like carnwall but its quite far ot go for a 4 night stay isnt it?

Any ideas welcome, love skegness but fancy something different
  • stressedoutmum
    stressedoutmum Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    not received a priority booking form this time either - that's the past 3 we've not had one even though we've been going once or twice a year for over 10 years.

If anyone has a spare priority code going I would be very grateful. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport