i'm new to this, please be gentle with me!

Options

Comments

• Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would give payplan or CCCS a ring as they will do the same as the debt management company but for free :)

Try ringing telewest as I have just swapped over to them and it's costing me £30 a month for TV,phone and internet
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Annie thanks for the reply.:T

I believe that the council tax is non negotiable.

I am thinking about scrapping the telewest tv as i'm currently on their 2nd lowest package. I only have it for living tv and animal planet if the sad truth be known!

the mobile bill is high, possibly one of my highest expendable incomes. would love to escape from it. paying the bill is source of a lot of my nightmares.
    will contact orange and see what i can do. :mad:

I have to go out now to pay my rent!! will read through everything when i get home so please please let me know your thoughts. The support is making me feel stronger already.
    Thanks guys :T
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • pania
    Options
    would there be a gap in between swapping from one company to the other? I'm scared of getting clobbered for interest again and being right back at square one?
  • pania
    Options
    well the rent has been paid so thats one bill down. just a whole load more to go now! does anyone have any advice on my SOA? sorry to sound desperate just not sure how all this works at the mo!:o
  • StartingAgainKayla70
    Options
    Hi and good morning

You will find some brilliant advice on here, not only in the debt department, but if you want a bit of a laugh come and see the money savers arms.

I have over the year picked up some great bargains on other boards and also learnt things on the debt board, moneysaving old style etc etc

Catch you later and your not alone :beer:
    :D NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE:D
  • bikerqueen
    Options
    a lot of people post from work, so you may get more advice after the weekend, post in this thread on monday morning and it will rise miraculously back to the top...
  • pania
    Options
    Hi Michaela thanks for the reply. Had a look at conversations on loo roll of all things. Always good to know that no matter how cr!!p things are you can still have a giggle.:rotfl:
    Think i got the jist of the £2 money savers club, saved my first £2 last night!
    is nice to know that in the black times similar people with similar problems are here to help. :j
    Just need to get a plan of action sorted then hopefully debt free date won't be ten years away!:eek:
  • pania
    Options
    thanks bikerqueen i'll do that.:T
  • Mrs_pbradley936
    Options
    Hello,

Can you put your mobile on a lower tariff? Also is a car necessary? I don't mean in the sense that you would be dead without it, but is it a want or a need? That is really at the heart of managing your money.
  • Honeybee_2
    Options
    Mobile phone....

You can phone the company, reduce the tariff to their lowest one, then ask for a pro forma to be sent out so you can pay the contract of in full at the lower tariff.

Also, does your ex still use the phone? If so and you don't want him to, you can ask for an outgoing call and text bar to be applied so he can only receive incoming calls. :)
    Debt free in 2010 :beer:
    £6551.35 paid so far.

This WILL be my debt free year! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills