New attacks on I.B claimants

Options

Comments

• nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    irishjohn wrote: »
    All the steps taken so far and planned have been explained and the debt reduction value has been stated - rather than just say you doubt it will be reduced - how about expanding and telling us why you think this government's plans will not reduce the debt?

How about you acceping that people have a right to express a opinion. and accepting two simple facts..... time will tell,and that every action has a concequence.

And you well know yourself, that if you do not service or MOT your car it will save money....that is easy to cost
    And you know very well the potential conciqences if you do not service OR mot your car for 5 years......do you really believe that can be costed
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • irishjohn
    irishjohn Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 July 2010 at 8:40AM
    Options
    How about you acceping that people have a right to express a opinion. and accepting two simple facts..... time will tell,and that every action has a concequence.

And you well know yourself, that if you do not service or MOT your car it will save money....that is easy to cost
    And you know very well the potential conciqences if you do not service OR mot your car for 5 years......do you really believe that can be costed

I have no problems in accepting people's right to express an opinion but asking them to expand on what they say gives us the open discussion we all value on here and from it we can often change our own personal opinions. Simple statements such as time will tell are way too vague for me. Let me give you an example.

I choose to have my car MOT carried out every year and accept the cost - if I don't I become unable to tax and insure that car and would therefore break the law if I coninued to drive it.

I choose to save costs by not having my car serviced every year by my car dealership. However I realise that the car needs regular attention to keep it roadworthy so in order to avoid the risk I will have it serviced at a non franchised workshop instead. This may increase the risk of it failing but it decreases the cost of ownership and reduces my debt.

Thats the sort of discussion I welcome, not stated opinions with no substance to consolidate them.

So - the government debt reduction plan is being publicised along with statistics to show what they believe the outcome of their plans will be. Disagree with the government by all means but please tell me why you think differently to themas to the outcomes of the debt reduction.
    John
  • nogginthenog
    edited 1 July 2010 at 9:22AM
    Options
    I have no problems in accepting people's right to express an opinion but asking them to expand on what they say gives us the open discussion we all value on here and from it we can often change our own personal opinions. Simple statements such as time will tell are way too vague for me. Let me give you an example.

I choose to have my car MOT carried out every year and accept the cost - if I don't I become unable to tax and insure that car and would therefore break the law if I coninued to drive it.

I choose to save costs by not having my car serviced every year by my car dealership. However I realise that the car needs regular attention to keep it roadworthy so in order to avoid the risk I will have it serviced at a non franchised workshop instead. This may increase the risk of it failing but it decreases the cost of ownership and reduces my debt.

Thats the sort of discussion I welcome, not stated opinions with no substance to consolidate them.

So - the government debt reduction plan is being publicised along with statistics to show what they believe the outcome of their plans will be. Disagree with the government by all means but please tell me why you think differently to themas to the outcomes of the debt reduction.

But what is the point of debating or adding substance when subtance does not exist. i have got no real intrest in debating to my washing machine so why should i to a computer screen esp when it involves a unknown future.conversly i have no intrest in being respected by my washing machine, same applys to my computer screen.
    , time will tell in the end, and their are basicly just 2 fundamental theorys about finance boith involve a unknown future.
    You know very well costing means nothing over a lenght of time..Have you never heard the saying"buy cheap buy twice" or conversly "speculate to accumulate"
  • irishjohn
    Options
    But what is the point of debating or adding substance when subtance does not exist. i have got no real intrest in debating to my washing machine so why should i to a computer screen esp when it involves a unknown future.conversly i have no intrest in being respected by my washing machine, same applys to my computer screen.
    , time will tell in the end, and their are basicly just 2 fundamental theorys about finance boith involve a unknown future.
    You know very well costing means nothing over a lenght of time..Have you never heard the saying"buy cheap buy twice" or conversly "speculate to accumulate"

I appreciate you repeatedly telling me what I know very well, but I don't know why you feel we mere mortals cannot surmise what the future may bring, when the government is trying to. Do you really feel we should just sit around and wait and see? Or should we use age and experience to reflect on what has happened and try and forecast what may happen and plan accordingly?
    John
  • nogginthenog
    edited 1 July 2010 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I appreciate you repeatedly telling me what I know very well, but I don't know why you feel we mere mortals cannot surmise what the future may bring, when the government is trying to. Do you really feel we should just sit around and wait and see? Or should we use age and experience to reflect on what has happened and try and forecast what may happen and plan accordingly?

Yes and when you get some experience you will learn than buying cheap or making cuts at the point of service or delivery is not always the cheapest or best option depending of course depending on your own persenal point of view.
    and i will leave you with this point.
    Look what america did in the 1950s pencil in that it has got in the way of virtualy unlimited natural resouces, look at its low taxes and deregulation and blue collar work.
    Now look at Finland 1950s High taxes, very little in the way of natural resources poputation at the time protesting and not happy bunnies.
    Now look at the 2 in 2010.
    America nothing works away from world media, Roads falling apart Bridges falling apart, Heath service at bursing point because of ER admittions, electricity cuts commonplace etc

Finland invested heavily in its infrarstrucure, with its high taxes now in 2010 nothing closes in winter schools airports roads workplaces all stay open, their roads never get jammed,

Imagine what finland would be like now if they made cuts in the 1950s and had low taxes.
    The true is the torys in this country cant see beond their own noses and the wallets of themselves and their cronnies who want to bring in unsusainable cheat jack jobs into this country, only to dissapear once they have had their fill to move on to another victin akin to vultures. they are nt intrested in the future of this country or of its population.
    A word from the Bible Mathew 7:24-27...Dont build your House on Sand
  • irishjohn
    Options
    Yes and when you get some experience you will learn than buying cheap or making cuts at the point of service or delivery is not always the cheapest or best option depending of course depending on your own persenal point of view.
    and i will leave you with this point.
    Look what america did in the 1950s pencil in that it has got in the way of virtualy unlimited natural resouces, look at its low taxes and deregulation and blue collar work.
    Now look at Finland 1950s High taxes, very little in the way of natural resources poputation at the time protesting and not happy bunnies.
    Now look at the 2 in 2010.
    America nothing works away from world media, Roads falling apart Bridges falling apart, Heath service at bursing point because of ER admittions, electricity cuts commonplace etc

Finland invested heavily in its infrarstrucure, with its high taxes now in 2010 nothing closes in winter schools airports roads workplaces all stay open, their roads never get jammed,

Imagine what finland would be like now if they made cuts in the 1950s and had low taxes.
    The true is the torys in this country cant see beond their own noses and the wallets of themselves and their cronnies who want to bring in unsusainable cheat jack jobs into this country, only to dissapear once they have had their fill to move on to another victin akin to vultures. they are nt intrested in the future of this country or of its population.
    A word from the Bible Mathew 7:24-27...Dont build your House on Sand

And all because I encourage people to expand on their opinions and what makes them reach their opinions - Happy to leave it here as I think you have proved my point very well for me. You may not agree with mypolitics but you certainly expand on your opinions and say how you have come to those opinions. Thank you.
    John
  • nogginthenog
    edited 1 July 2010 at 12:45PM
    Options
    And all because I encourage people to expand on their opinions and what makes them reach their opinions - Happy to leave it here as I think you have proved my point very well for me. You may not agree with mypolitics but you certainly expand on your opinions and say how you have come to those opinions. Thank you.

You have not proved any point other than the whole disscusion was pointless I made a exeption for you as you had the word Irish before the John. and it proved that it really makes no difference, knowing how a person comes to a opinion at the end of the day.
    I wish you and your crystal ball/fortune telling the very best for the future
  • irishjohn
    Options
    You have not proved any point other than the whole disscusion was pointless I made a exeption for you as you had the word Irish before the John. and it proved that it really makes no difference, knowing how a person comes to a opinion at the end of the day.
    I wish you and your crystal ball/fortune telling the very best for the future

I thank you for making an exception for me - hearing how other people have come to their opinions is often the way other people change their opinion. And then of course there are some people who cannot be influenced in any way at all. I know which type I like to be.
    John
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Can you take this to PM maybe? It's not really on topic anymore, just devolved into an argument between the two of you and nobody else!
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't believe in giving free money to any disabled people.

Firstly, I don't see it as free. I pay for it. with every fall, every fumble with a stupid tin-opener, every blackout, every tic,every time I see my pensioner mum having to be my carer, every moment when I realise that I am no longer the strong, confident, capable Head of Department I used to be.

Secondly, I sincerely hope that you never find yourself in my position. And if you do, I trust you won't accept a penny to help you regain a semblance of normality.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure