Worldwide Marketing Solutions / Worldwideems con? Beware!

Options

Comments

• scott_tomlinson
    Options
    I have just come back from court today and had to pay £2,413.00 for my advert, because i received my terms and conditions and i paid for the service over a cold call i did not have a leg to stand on, i did however relaise it was a monthly thing i just dint cancel because my advert hardly ever showed......
  • born7
    born7 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2011 at 8:54PM
    Options
    Update!!!

I jus received an email comfirmation from Frank Burns of Worldwide Marketing Solutions that my supposed "Account" has been declared settled!

BUT, BUT, BUT... this is after an icky exchange from him in emails today, claiming that he was sending my details to the legal team, not to communicate with them any longer OTHER than to their home office...blah, blah, blah...

I was just getting set to reply as to which hoome office I should refer to?!? I believe Google is based in California USA. Actually, I think Facebook is based in California too. Anyway...

I have email proof of confirming what I agreed to which is above, which clearly stated that this advert was to be for a "period of one month" along with an apology of the salesperson trying to mend the obvious Misrepresentation of being "GOOGLE".

I am going to share here the final email correspondance between Frank Burns Of Worldwide Marketing Solutions and myself. I really feel that pointing out the "Facts" of the confirmation letter which is the last of correspondence regarding this month long thing, ALONG with pointing out to Frank that I did some research lastnight and learned

1) I am not the only person they are targeting with this "unlawful behaviour".

2) That I learned Google has flagged their site (worldwide ms ) with "this site being comprimised"

had an affect upon them ceasing to harass me and as more injury to this scam.

I truly hope that "IF" they try taking anyone to court to do the folowing...

1) Go to google search and search the term in quotes "google ad url" the top 2 search results are where you can submit urls directly to "Google". In a seperate window, search "worldwide marketing solutions scam". Then one by one submit every url of each forum and site with consumer evidence of this scam! (In case you do not know how to get url--- just click on the site - ensure you are seeing a thread like this page (not the homepage of the site) copy the link in the upper address window and paste it into the google url submitter. Under the submitter is another place to add a "Comment". Here is where you can tell google you are submitting this url proof of a company who is misrepresenting to be them and selling adds, scamming.. etc..etc..etc..
    you may need to refresh the page after each one. I did this lastnight. What this does is to "alert" Google to send their reading bots over to read the page. ( I think this could help get rid of worldwide scammers).

2) copy every page of scam threads of all the people affected by the same "Misrepresentation" of thruth.

3) print out the threads of "evidence" of everyone who has been experiencing the same "Scam"! The best evidence I know of is written in the court of law. Often times testimony can get blackballed by shady solicitors. ( At least this my experience with courts in America from divorce..)

4) Search for Worldwide Marketing solutions website in google search. ** NOTICE the blue link right below the name that says
    " this site may be comprimised".. take a screen shot (preferably with the date showing on your browser). Copy and save the screen shot. (maybe take one each day to build more and more evidence.)

5) search google for why they label websites with "this site may be comprimised". If you are a webmaster or have a blog, you can search the "google webmaster tools" for their explanation of the "flag".

Call and report Worldwide to Trade and Standard 01437 764551
    I am awaiting a call back..
    *** call Citizens Advice Bueau (they can help in many cases with legal advice and maybe even representation.)

*** If you have the funds call a Solicitor, get one!

Try to stay connected to see if others scammed can group up for court dates and help each other. I feel my email posted above clearifying is great evidence.
    I would be interested in being present to help others as well, if I could get out to Manchester for a hearing. I live in SW Wales..
    Though, I could supply my evidence and a sworn statement too... to help.

I am just SO beyond being taken by illegitimate "supposed companies!"

I am sharing the following emails incase they can be of help to others.

Hello Frank,

Please see the following email which confirms that I was only to receive your service for 1 month of which I paid and you have the receipt from last September 2010. My situation was maybe different than other customers due to the initial salesperson from your company alleging that he was from "Google" (which is a misrepresentation). So, Arron from your company offered if I just try your service for one month and contact if I wanted to continue I could.. But, your services did not work for me and I could not afford to continue so I did not call to continue.

I believe there is a misunderstanding on your end, please read below:

Google Marketing

hide details 9/29/10

Hi ****

Further to our conversation I can confirm that we will run your advert for a period of one month with a guaranteed first page listing on google uk. For the sum that you have paid you will receive 8 Keywords that will target different areas of the UK which we will agree between ourselves when I call you back to further discuss the campaign. In addition to this I will give you a listing on Google's search partners I can't guarantee a position on them search engines but your business will be listed. On behalf of myself and Nathan I do apologize that you felt your were misled and hope that I have cleared up all the issues that you had. I would like to welcome you on board and will be contacting you later on today to discuss the campaign.

Regards

Aaron Davies
    Customer Care
    WorldWide Marketing Solutions

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nobody from your company folllowed up to ask if I wanted to continue with any further campaign

Beyond this, I have never received any further invoices from any months following this, or updates of any kind (phone, email, or written letters) to suggest that your company had me on any kind of subscription. Any misunderstanding could have been rectified much sooner if your company were sending me invoices for my records. I do believe that is customary business practice, no?

If you could please credit my account back the £200.00 pounds.

I am also patiently awaiting your confirmation email that indictes that your company has closed any sort of account and that any further misunderstandings will not occur again!.

Please confirm via email that you have received this email and I also phone me at Ph ***********.

Regards,

me

Response from: Frank Burns

date
    Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    subject
    Re: Outstanding Account

hide details 9:05 AM (9 hours ago)

To ****,

Your account has been passed to our legal team to enforce legal proceedings to recoup the full amount owed.

Please send a cancellation to our Head Office so you do not incur any further charges.

Thank You

F. Burns

My response to Frank Burns

romCustomer Services <customerservice@worldwidems>
    to me
    date Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    subject

hide details 9:15 AM (9 hours ago)

To ******,

The below email implies your advert has started for your first month, if it is not cancelled by you at the end of that month it continues.

You entered into a subscription which can be cancelled in any given month, due to having no letter of cancellation we are chasing arrears.

Once your account is settled you will redeem your marketing back, however if you are not going to settle your account then please let me know so I can pass your account back to our legal team.

Regards

F. Burns

Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:50 PM
    To: Urgent Customer Servive
    Subject: Re: Outstanding Account

Hello Frank,

Please see the following email which confirms that I was only to receive your service for 1 month of which I paid and you have the receipt from last September 2010. My situation was maybe different than other customers due to the initial salesperson from your company alleging that he was from "Google" (which is a misrepresentation). So, Arron from your company offered if I just try your service for one month and contact if I wanted to continue I could.. But, your services did not work for me and I could not afford to continue so I did not call to continue.

from
    Customer Services >
    to
    (Yes, this is you.)
    date
    Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    subject
    Google Marketing

9/29/10

Hi *****
    Further to our conversation I can confirm that we will run your advert for a period of one month with a guaranteed first page listing on google uk. For the sum that you have paid you will receive 8 Keywords that will target different areas of the UK which we will agree between ourselves when I call you back to further discuss the campaign. In addition to this I will give you a listing on Google's search partners I can't guarantee a position on them search engines but your business will be listed. On behalf of myself and Nathan I do apologize that you felt your were misled and hope that I have cleared up all the issues that you had. I would like to welcome you on board and will be contacting you later on today to discuss the campaign.

Regards

Aaron Davies
    Customer Care

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nobody from your company folllowed up to ask if I wanted to continue with any further campaign

Beyond this, I have never received any further invoices from any months following this, or updates of any kind (phone, email, or written letters) to suggest that your company had me on any kind of subscription. Any misunderstanding could have been rectified much sooner if your company were sending me invoices for my records. I do believe that is customary business practice, no?

I am also patiently awaiting your confirmation email that indictes that your company has closed any sort of account and that any further misunderstandings will not occur again!.

Please confirm via email that you have received this email and I also phone me at Ph# *****

Regards,

From Me

Frank Burns,

The below email is fact of "a period of one month" of an advert confirmed due to your salesperson who made first contact "implying" he was calling as a "Google Representative".

The only person "implying" is you.

At this point, your company now owes me the sum of £240.00 pounds "unlawfully taken" due to deceitful actions and harassment's (insistent there are claims that do not nor have not existed.

I do not, have not, nor will I ever want any subscribed advert account with your company! Is that clear?

I have quickly learned I am far from the only one.

I have also learned last night, "Google" has flagged your web page in their search engines with a warning for the public. It clearly states, "this site may be compromised!". One of the reasons they do this is due to shady business transactions or a potential threat for consumers on the Internet.
    The flag is suiting.

Below is the email of fact that I refer... again. It was the agreement in total, nothing more.

Regards,

me

__________________________________________________________________________________

from
    Customer Services < >
    to
    (Yes, this is you.)
    date
    subject
    Google Marketing

9/29/10

Hi ***

Regards

Aaron Davies
    Customer Care

From Frank

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Customer Services < > wrote:

The below email implies your advert has started for your first month, if it is not cancelled by you at the end of that month it continues.

You entered into a subscription which can be cancelled in any given month, due to having no letter of cancellation we are chasing arrears.

Once your account is settled you will redeem your marketing back, however if you are not going to settle your account then please let me know so I can pass your account back to our legal team.

Regards

F. Burns

More From Frank Burns
    ____________________|

To: me
    Display images below - Always display images from

Customerservice ATworldwidems co uk

To me,

Your account is with our legal team who are issuing legal proceedings to recoup the full amount owed.

I am no longer dealing with this account due to none settlement.

Please read your welcome docs and terms and conditions of the agreement, once you have done this I would advise you to give that information to legal council.

Our website has not been flagged.

Any further correspondence needs to be in writing to Head Office.

Regards

F. Burns

The Last email from Frank Today…. I was just about to ask where there head office is, Google in California or a local on here in UK???

from Customer Services <customerserviceATworldwidems>
    to Me
    date
    Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    subject
    Account Settled

4:53 PM (2 hours ago)

Apologies for the late reply, I can now confirm that your account is settled and no further action will be taken and no further monies are owed to Worldwide Marketing Solutions.

Regards

Frank Burns

Head of Credit Control

Worldwide Marketing Solutions

Tel: 0161 633 6003

Email:

Web:

I hope everyone affected sees justice.
  • born7 wrote: »
    Update!!!

I jus received an email comfirmation from Frank Burns of Worldwide Marketing Solutions that my supposed "Account" has been declared settled!

BUT, BUT, BUT... this is after an icky exchange from him in emails today, claiming that he was sending my details to the legal team, not to communicate with them any longer OTHER than to their home office...blah, blah, blah...

I was just getting set to reply as to which hoome office I should refer to?!? I believe Google is based in California USA. Actually, I think Facebook is based in California too. Anyway...

I have email proof of confirming what I agreed to which is above, which clearly stated that this advert was to be for a "period of one month" along with an apology of the salesperson trying to mend the obvious Misrepresentation of being "GOOGLE".

I am going to share here the final email correspondance between Frank Burns Of Worldwide Marketing Solutions and myself. I really feel that pointing out the "Facts" of the confirmation letter which is the last of correspondence regarding this month long thing, ALONG with pointing out to Frank that I did some research lastnight and learned

1) I am not the only person they are targeting with this "unlawful behaviour".

2) That I learned Google has flagged their site (worldwide ms ) with "this site being comprimised"

had an affect upon them ceasing to harass me and as more injury to this scam.

I truly hope that "IF" they try taking anyone to court to do the folowing...

1) Go to google search and search the term in quotes "google ad url" the top 2 search results are where you can submit urls directly to "Google". In a seperate window, search "worldwide marketing solutions scam". Then one by one submit every url of each forum and site with consumer evidence of this scam! (In case you do not know how to get url--- just click on the site - ensure you are seeing a thread like this page (not the homepage of the site) copy the link in the upper address window and paste it into the google url submitter. Under the submitter is another place to add a "Comment". Here is where you can tell google you are submitting this url proof of a company who is misrepresenting to be them and selling adds, scamming.. etc..etc..etc..
    you may need to refresh the page after each one. I did this lastnight. What this does is to "alert" Google to send their reading bots over to read the page. ( I think this could help get rid of worldwide scammers).

2) copy every page of scam threads of all the people affected by the same "Misrepresentation" of thruth.

3) print out the threads of "evidence" of everyone who has been experiencing the same "Scam"! The best evidence I know of is written in the court of law. Often times testimony can get blackballed by shady solicitors. ( At least this my experience with courts in America from divorce..)

4) Search for Worldwide Marketing solutions website in google search. ** NOTICE the blue link right below the name that says
    " this site may be comprimised".. take a screen shot (preferably with the date showing on your browser). Copy and save the screen shot. (maybe take one each day to build more and more evidence.)

5) search google for why they label websites with "this site may be comprimised". If you are a webmaster or have a blog, you can search the "google webmaster tools" for their explanation of the "flag".

Call and report Worldwide to Trade and Standard 01437 764551
    I am awaiting a call back..
    *** call Citizens Advice Bueau (they can help in many cases with legal advice and maybe even representation.)

*** If you have the funds call a Solicitor, get one!

Try to stay connected to see if others scammed can group up for court dates and help each other. I feel my email posted above clearifying is great evidence.
    I would be interested in being present to help others as well, if I could get out to Manchester for a hearing. I live in SW Wales..
    Though, I could supply my evidence and a sworn statement too... to help.

I am just SO beyond being taken by illegitimate "supposed companies!"

I am sharing the following emails incase they can be of help to others.

Hello Frank,

Google Marketing

hide details 9/29/10

Hi ****

Regards

Aaron Davies
    Customer Care

Please confirm via email that you have received this email and I also phone me at Ph ***********.

Regards,

me

Response from: Frank Burns

date
    Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    subject

hide details 9:05 AM (9 hours ago)

To ****,

Your account has been passed to our legal team to enforce legal proceedings to recoup the full amount owed.

Please send a cancellation to our Head Office so you do not incur any further charges.

Thank You

F. Burns

My response to Frank Burns

romCustomer Services <customerservice@worldwidems>
    to me
    date Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM
    subject

hide details 9:15 AM (9 hours ago)

To ******,

Regards

F. Burns

Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6:50 PM
    To: Urgent Customer Servive
    Subject: Re: Outstanding Account

Hello Frank,

from
    Customer Services >
    to
    (Yes, this is you.)
    date
    subject
    Google Marketing

9/29/10

Hi *****

Regards

Aaron Davies
    Customer Care

Please confirm via email that you have received this email and I also phone me at Ph# *****

Regards,

From Me

Frank Burns,

The below email is fact of "a period of one month" of an advert confirmed due to your salesperson who made first contact "implying" he was calling as a "Google Representative".

The only person "implying" is you.

At this point, your company now owes me the sum of £240.00 pounds "unlawfully taken" due to deceitful actions and harassment's (insistent there are claims that do not nor have not existed.

I do not, have not, nor will I ever want any subscribed advert account with your company! Is that clear?

I have quickly learned I am far from the only one.

I have also learned last night, "Google" has flagged your web page in their search engines with a warning for the public. It clearly states, "this site may be compromised!". One of the reasons they do this is due to shady business transactions or a potential threat for consumers on the Internet.
    The flag is suiting.

Below is the email of fact that I refer... again. It was the agreement in total, nothing more.

Regards,

me

__________________________________________________________________________________

from
    Customer Services < >
    to
    (Yes, this is you.)
    date
    subject
    Google Marketing

9/29/10

Hi ***

Regards

Aaron Davies
    Customer Care

From Frank

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Customer Services < > wrote:

Regards

F. Burns

More From Frank Burns
    ____________________|

To: me
    Display images below - Always display images from

Customerservice ATworldwidems co uk

To me,

Your account is with our legal team who are issuing legal proceedings to recoup the full amount owed.

I am no longer dealing with this account due to none settlement.

Please read your welcome docs and terms and conditions of the agreement, once you have done this I would advise you to give that information to legal council.

Our website has not been flagged.

Any further correspondence needs to be in writing to Head Office.

Regards

F. Burns

The Last email from Frank Today…. I was just about to ask where there head office is, Google in California or a local on here in UK???

from Customer Services <customerserviceATworldwidems>
    to Me
    date
    Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    subject
    Account Settled

4:53 PM (2 hours ago)

Apologies for the late reply, I can now confirm that your account is settled and no further action will be taken and no further monies are owed to Worldwide Marketing Solutions.

Regards

Frank Burns

Head of Credit Control

Worldwide Marketing Solutions

Tel: 0161 633 6003

Email:

Web:

I hope everyone affected sees justice.

The biggest problem you have is that you have not sent them a letter to terminate this so called agreement. we keep these companies alive by giving our bank details and personal info to slick sales people over the phone and we should all know better!!!! the biggest problem you have is that you did not send them a letter to back up your cancellation. the courts are not bothered what we say on here or how dodgy there sales tactics are, they are only bothered about facts and the facts are that we gave our personal info to a dodgy salesperson that cold called us over the phone and we did not read what we bought!!!! i have taken a massive hit on what i have had to pay this company but i will never buy anything again unless i get paperwork in the post with terms and conditions to read before i buy, lesson learned, i am so angry with myself because i was stupid and gullible enough to buy something over the phone before i read what i bought!!
  • bebe79
    Options
    I would be more than happy to get together with people to go on mass to the courts if needed, so that these people don't continue to get away with this. I am located in Buckinghamshire, is there anyone else from this area that could potentially meet with me if needed?
  • born7
    edited 4 February 2011 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Scott that sucks what happened with you. Unfortunately, with me I phoned to cancel straight away once I received the confirmation email with seeing that they #1 were not GOOGLE and #2 that I was not agreeing to any sort of contract. That is why I have the confirmation email shown above, with Arron confirming that I was to had an as show "for a period of one month". That was after the welcome email and Arrons Email confirmation was what I agreed to.

I feel for you for the amount you have to pay, though it sucks to hear you knew that you had a contract too. That is a lot of money.

I was an emotional wreck when I recieved the email from Frank and buckled quickly once he said if I did not accept his lowest offer of £200.00 (£240.00 w/VAT I was charged) with him confrming that my account was completely terminated, so no further supposed contract OR go to court in mid February in manchester... I paid, even though it has strapped me. ONLY because I am here on a visa and do not know the UK legal system well enough or have enough time to sort it out... The least amount this stupid situation affects my life the better...

So, I am done.

Though, I agree with you. I learned a great deal with these scammers. What they say was quite the opposite to what they were swindling people into. Everything should be transparent. Maybe not work with anyone over the phone unless they have a recorded verbal confirmation of what exactly they have verbally stated you are agreeing to. There have to be laws to protect consumers from such deicetful acts.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.
  • born7
    Options
    bebe79 wrote: »
    I would be more than happy to get together with people to go on mass to the courts if needed, so that these people don't continue to get away with this. I am located in Buckinghamshire, is there anyone else from this area that could potentially meet with me if needed?

I am with you. I have not heard of anyone with upcoming court dates. If I can, I'd be happy to participate with others in court. The account they have with me is completely settled, though, I really do feel I have evidence to show proof this ordeal only being meant for ! month and no further.

Another thing that gets me is that this "agreement" they are sending out can easily be misrepresented. Being a webmaster, they can be sending people links of an agreement but have virually any agreement being shown. I believe it is called "url masking".
    Whatever the case, Google has flagged WorldWide Marketing Solutions with a warning link stating " this site may be comprimised". They do not do these things in slight!
  • andy_stock
    Options
    i to have had the same email sent to me today i took out this one month trial with them back in may last year 116 pound and now in febuary 2011 have had an email off them saying i owe them £700 and have 7 days to pay or i will have to go to court i said to them i didnt have it and he siad he wud drop it today if i paid there and then to 440
    i said no and he said he wud level with me at 300 cus thats what they have had to pay google i said i didnt even feature at the top of the ad and had rang during the 1 month period to tell them them this and i said there was no contract with them so how can i owe it was totaly out the blue!!from reading the rest of these posts there must be something we can do to stop this
  • andy_stock
    Options
    i think a court case is needed to sort this out even now there is still no letters or anything off them its !!!!!!!! and i wud love to bite the blokes nose off who i spoke to on the phone he was so smug and cocky trying to scare me with all crap and court!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • loulou65
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Have reported them to Consumer Direct/Trading Stds. It seems there are a few companies doing the same scam. Surely if they took people to small claims court as often as they threaten they'd be there every week if not every day! I think this would start to look very suspicious!

The threat of legal action is to scare you into paying which seems to work for them.

Also by paying up we fuel them to carry on!
  • silentzone
    Options
    Well yet another scammed by Frank Burns. I have just reported them to Consumer Direct and written a recorded delivery letter to them requesting the termination of a subscription i thought was a months trial. I too have been threatend with court action by the infamous Frank Burns. Consumer direct advised that they have not adhered to the supply of goods and services. Frank Burns informed me that they although not doing any marketing for me since payment had ceased that they still had to pay for the advert. What advert surely I would have been shown this advert for my company to approve it before it went live. Steer clear of these despicable con artists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure