PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to be absent for so long -- not only is it freeeeeeeezing in the house so cant stay on the pooter for more than a minute the electric is off most of the time!
    So one big hug to everyone and a big thank you to Tootifrooti and Roamin for the Geezer squares they are gorgeoous.
    Latest pics to follow when it is not a minus temperature and my fingers are not froizen xxx
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • anakat
    anakat Posts: 250 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: Just had a nice note Re: the toys :)

Many thanks for the fabulous teddy bear/snowman. We have been overwhelmed by people's generosity and kindness and there should be a further article in the Hereford Times next week, thanking everyone. We currently have a lovely stock of bears but unfortunately we conduct interviews fairly regularly and therefore in the future will need our stock replenishing!
    It has been lovely to see the childrens' faces when they get to choose a bear and it certainly helps them through the process whilst they are with us. Thank you again, it brightens up our Office whenever new bears arrive!
    Ceri
    Dc Ceri Barnes
    Family Protection Unit
    West Mercia Police
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    CHALKY - my apprentice builders mate name is DAVE.................not a clue where himself got it from but that's what he yells when he requires my assistance.
    glad the squares arrived.......there is another package in the post this week as DH nabbed the first lot before I had made it into lots of 4's I will forgive him but not for a week or two yet.
    ANAKAT what a lovely response - will add teds to my list of things to get around to, and contact you for address when ready to ship - please don't hold your breath, I am currently doing some "there was an old woman who lived in a shoe SHE HAD SO MANY CHILDREN she didn't know what to do.............I am on the children.....as well as one of those ripped up sheet baskets, my dear neighbour spied mine last weekend and said it would be perfect for her house cat........wish she would just send up some Tshirts or sheets, that way my stock is safe!
    Psso keep safe and warm - if its snowing that bad, surely you are allowed to be at home?
    Off to have an after dinner drink with my neighbours - they like to make sure I am still alive and kicking, perhaps I should just turn up the music a bit more so they hear it three fields away!
    You all have a great weekend, I will get back in over the weekend and check what you are all up to........still being a wee bit Edna Bucket but trying oh so hard not to be.
    xxx
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • Mrs_Twins
    Mrs_Twins Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks to everyone that has left me a comment on MSE. I am so pleased you like the Blanket.
    The bids are slowly rising! Please don't miss out!
    Pop over to EBAY and make a bid!
    This would make a pretty Blanket for a little girl (or a big one!)
    I'm grateful to everyone on here for your wonderful support, many thanks
    Suex

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150749071523?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Sorry been awol; would value some prayers from people that do as things are tough this end at the moment and likely to be for a while. As always I have lovely support and good friends who will look after me and God always has a cunning plan; we just don't always know what it is! Nothing to do with mum or my health so please dont worry on that; the worst that could happen is the same as before and while dont particularly fancy going bankrupt its not the end of the world and we would be able to rent a flat with a bedroom each!! Have had a good cry, spoken to friends and will just wait to see what is what in a few weeks. I debated delaying the op but was advised not to and mum is adamant that I shouldn't so as it stands will be 5th Mch. Went to choir and am high soprano and apparently can sing and got into the choir which will be a lovely diversion in the weeks ahead.
    F1 well done with the debtbusting; know its tough going :)
    Chalky how is the house coming on?
    Anakat as others have said what a lovely reply and just goes to show again that people do value the things people make...always good to know that :)
    Roaming hugs for you; hope that whatever urks you is sorted soon ..big hugs and prayers
    socky and psso huge hugs for you too...hope that you feel things are more managable and less holeish....horrible having to fight it all the time :(
    Mrs M hope that they manage to find a lovely place for your nan...
    Big hugs that those that need them; brain a bit addled here and my apologies if I have forgotten anyone...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    isom sending you hugs and special thoughts, will be praying to whoever listens that your problems are resolved

have a good weekend all and i hope noone is too badly affected by the threatened bad weather

hugs
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • sock-knitter
    Options
    been an emotional day, here, and i'm exhausted, and ready for sleep, but wanted to let isom know that i will be remembering her in my prayers
    love to all
    from sharon xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Thanks both...much appreciated.
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    brrrr nuff said!!!;)

ISOM - I hope you are feeling a little better today, I am sending gentle (((hugs))) your way and prayers will be winging their way up tonight x
    jean - my builder(OH) is named Dave and over the years I have had various names...some unrepeatable :rotfl:... not much building been done here over the last year or so obviously...but... he is looking at the kitchen now... soooo he must be feeling better :Twill have to watch him though because he gets carried away and I don't want him overdoing it :naughty:
    chalky - I've got 4 geezer squares ready will post them next week. Hope all is well with you and yours,
    f1 - :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...takes all sorts
    MrsTwins - have just popped into e'bay and it's looking good for the blanket
    anakat - on my list when I have finished a UFO are some toys for the FPU West Mercia, is it just teddies they need or other toys?
    psso - I was wondering how you were, I am a great believer in SLEEP it's a great healer, helps relax the whole body and shuts the brain down for a while, my friend thinks I'm mad but it worked for me when I was at the bottom of a black hole a few years ago :)
    kathy - I hope you've managed to get the pooter sorted and it's now behaving itself

Put a beef caserole in the oven earlier and its bubbling away nicely, OH's favourite, need something warming on day like today :)

I am doing absolutely nothing, nada, ziltch today...except woolly things... well it will keep me warm ;):D

Love to all and wrap up nice and cosy everyone
    Anne
    x
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2012 at 3:46PM
    Options
    008.jpg

010-1.jpg

Well it is actually just above freezing at the house so I wanted to pop on a couple oif photos to show you that the "lads "have turned on the smallest torch at the end of the tunnel-- Actuallt they have been absolute stars keeping at it whilst I have been unable to stand it in the house for more than a minute!
    I have been making hot lunches for them

Thank you for kjind thoughts about DMIL --- Days are variable but she is a lot better than she was -- She did put on 1 lb last week!
    William on the other hand is putting on weight beautifully and smiling much to Mummy and Daddys delight!
    They are coming to stay next weekend ( at DMIL'S I might add and I cxan't wait!!!!!)

Please forgive me for just sending my love and best wishes to one and all as it really is freezing standing still at the house!

Jean Thank you for second parcel which arrived today
    Lappys are coming on well --- Picture number 2 very soon!
    I will look forward to parcels as they arrive x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family