PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    im still waiting for my appt pippa i did ring the dr as its over a week since i went but she said last time i was fast trakced this time im gettingthe standard appt - must mean the drs not too worried its anything bad (i hope)

did a couple of rows on a bunting last night

oh chalky your poor house i know its in mended stage now but i hope it starts looking better soon

hope all are well
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs M I know that is what that means but I still feel for your worry!

You lot have been so encouraging ( it is one of the things we are brilliant at!) The house is making me really happy this morning because we are on the way back to it being a home again. A long journey but it is going to be so worth it ! There is a cement mixer in the lounge and a circular mounted saw in the conservatory right now making enough sawdust for an army of hamsters though ---- Oh!! Happy days!!!
    xxx
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone

Lisamarlilmia - hope I've spelt that right; welcome to you. I hope you enjoy it on this lovely thread!

Chalky - it's on its way back to being a home; you must be thrilled. You must also be getting really excited about DD2 being home soon. It's been a long time, hasn't it?

ISOM - great news!

F1 - so sorry to hear about your ribs. Thank you so much for your kind words about our plans. I am having to stay calm about things at the moment, because I know it could still be a long way off, but it's a plan and, to be honest, I didn't think I would ever be able to convince DH that staying here was not really working. As it is, he has come to realise it himself.

Pippa - hope your OH is doing well.

Well, not much going on here. I have actually sorted out some wool for some more squares. I struggled a lot last week to do anything woolly, but I think my mojo is slowly reappearing!

After days and days of gloom, the sun actually came out this afternoon, so I went out for a walk to make the most of it. I only hope it lasts!

Hope the sun is shining for you all.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • lismarlilmia
    Options
    Evening lovelies; just a quickie as been a long day as only just home!
    Miol great that you are moving back...will say big prayers for a quick sell so you can be where you are happy! Good to have tried it but sure its the right decision for you...the faffing would drive me potty!
    Pippa what a lovely person...if noone here wants it someone on loving hands may as know there are a few people who like the skinny wool!
    lismarl...Loving hands are always looking for squares...just google and away you go! Mrs twons likes them too!
    toots hope the woulds are less painful...
    ginny lovely to see you...been busy!
    socky hope you are ok..
    For those in the doldrums big hugs...
    Thanks for lovely comments re quilts; that was my third machined one and am doing a handstitched one for other goddaughter next Christmas! The recipient of this one was poorly and was snuggled on the sofa with it which is exactly what it was for so chuffed with that!
    Great news my end...I have first appointment with consulatnt for my gastric bypass and also managed to get a cancellation for sleep study so its 3 weeks earlier than it was...yipee! Am very excited!
    Right off to chill and do a little bit of hooky before bed! big hugs!

thanks for the advice I will check out the site.:)
  • lismarlilmia
    Options
    chalky_75 wrote: »
    Just caught up with all the posts --- Some lovely things going on and so lovely to hear everyones news!
    For those with their hands full to overflowing the biggest gentles hug!

-F1- sORRY ABOUT YOUR POOR RIBS THAT SOUNDS SOOOO HORRIBLE BUT BRILLIANT NEWS ABOUT LIFTING THE OSTRICHS HEAD!! GO GIRL.

ISOM-- So glad news is good because I know how much you want the op!

Jean- I hope Edna has moved out!

I am down at the house as it is DD2'S 25th birthday today and she leaves OZ to day to do a bit more travelling in Thailand before returning home on the 9th March-- That will make it 18 months since she left!!!!!! -- I have had to put her in a little box and just pray that she would be OK and so far it has helped me so much!

Lisamarlilimia
    -- Welcome ! I am at the moment doing "Operation Stitch UP" About this time of year some of the lovely folk on here send me knitted or crocheted 6 " squares and I make them into blankets. In year 1 we sent about half a dozen to Loving Hands and last year sent 5 to Mrs Twins who donates them to Old Peoples homes in memory of her Nan--- Do join in the fun if you would like too. I can Pm you my address and I always put the pictures of the finished lappys on here so that everyone can see them.

Woooooo Hoooooooo Operation Mended house has begun!!!!!!

The joists are back over the extension -- stronger to take the new floor above

002-3.jpg

Buster is such a help!

001-3.jpg

Woolllywise Lappy number 1 is finished -- picture soon.
    Sorry if this is a bit disjointed the hammering is dulling my brain
    Love to all

what a wonderful thing to do, I would be more than happy to make up some squares. Will you PM me for details etc. Many thanks.:)
  • salome
    salome Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Hi to Lisamarlilimia :-).
    Sad day for me today. Had to take our Rottie to the vet, he'd been limping. When they xrayed him it showed he had a tumour in his bone :-( There were two options really. One was to have his leg amputated, and that might not heal him, as it was an agressive cancer, and likely to spread. Also he would have had to have made frequent visits to the vets, and he gets quite traumatised when he has to go. So I made the hard decision to have him put down :-( He would have been 10 in two weeks time. The vet said he'd done really well to get to the age he was, as Rotties usualy only make it to between 6-8yrs. Thankfully he was sedated when they did it, so he didn't know what was going on. Just miss him like crazy :-(
    Anyway. Have a blessed evening, and hugs to all in need ((((hugs))))Love you all.

x
    A work in progress :D
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all

What a day we have had...
    Mum had a fall just after lunch and was taken to A&E at the QE, she was chatting away to the nurse when we got there, she was obviously shaken up though. She has osteoporosis so they were a bit worried but no bones broken...thank goodness...the doc was a bit worried about her knee though as it gave way thats why she fell so he sent her down for an Xray.
    After a short wait we were told the bones are rubbing together, so she may need a new knee...ok she said that sounds alright...my Mum is amazing she just takes everything as it comes....I hope I am like that at 90 ;)

OH is not too bad today and after the day we've had he's decided we are off to the club for an hour tonight...I would be quite happy just playing about with some woolly stuff...but as he feels like going out we will. It will do him good :)

Not read back yet
    love to all
    Anne
    x
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    pippa hugs to your poor mum
    salome so sorry to hear your sad news, thinking of you and sending hugs at this very sad time
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Oh salome, poor you...must have been a huge shock for you. Animals are so much part of family arent they that its a huge loss when they go...big hugs and lots of prayers; at least he will be happy in heaven with no pain!
    Pippa your mum sounds like mine! There's us freaking and theyre very casual! Enjoy time at the club!
    Chalky go operation rebuild! Really cant wait for the finish - it will be incredible!
    F1 hope you feel better soon. Well done on the debtbusting; Ive been rubbish this week; way too many lunches out...:(
    Roaming is it peaceful again with you?
    Miol have you now put house on the market? At least something to hope for...:)
    Have got a nice day working at home tomorrow so cat to have stitches out first thing and then away I go; I always get so much done here as no distractions!
    Really excited about seeing consultant next week but also have two dentist appts that I could do without!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    F1 the Bonnie babies challenge is 20,000 pull on hats (no ribbons, no ties) any size - small is good :) by June, if you would like to do some you can send them to me and I will put them in with mine and my friends - we are aiming for 100 and have 20 done so far.

Hugs to all that need it xx
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business