PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    sounds horrible Jean, i hope it soon stops
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Kinsey
    Kinsey Posts: 887 Forumite
    Options
    mrs-mp so glad you liked the books.

roamin' that sounds like a nightmare come true.

Pippa gorgeous hex blanket, looks complicated and very effective.

Chalky thanks for good wishes, brother has good and bad days, but at least he's still with us.

f1 you sound so full of energy and determination, go girl!

ISOM poor little puss, hope she can get rid of the collar soon.

Love to everyone , especially all those who are missing. xxx
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    SSSSSSSSSSSsshhhhhhh just in case poor roamin is still sleeping this morning we should all be quiet xxxx

roamin - hope you got some sleep last night - thats just awful - there is nothing worse than noise at night xx
    chalky - hope the return to operation broken house is not too frightening for you - hope MIL is better xxx
    kinsey - thoughts for your brother xx
    pippa - hope you are feeling a brighter / better - hugs for both you and DH (Im whispering but I hope you enjoy your shopping trip today!) xxxx
    isom - hope that kitty is better xx
    mrs mp - any more news on those beautiful babies? I really hope Lily is improving daily xxx
    Oh and how rude someone became a Grandma before christmas and i cant for the life of me remember who (Im sooooo sorry) but if you are readng I hope the new Grandson is well xx

Well I better go and get DS a shove - we only live at the back of the school and they dont like them there before 8.45am but this makes him dawdle
    Hugs and thoughts for a good day xx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • salome
    salome Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Just popping in to say have a blessed and prosperous day. Hugs to all in need ((((hugs)))) Love you all :-)

x
    A work in progress :D
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    i finished lolas 2nd hat lst night BUT i ran out of wool so its dep pink with a vertical stripe of reallyplae pink - i've done the sideways one thats knitted in bands of triple ribs. i think it looks finished with anyother colour so to try and redeem it ive got to enter the black hole today AKA the cupborad under the stairs as im pretty sure i have some little sew-on decorative patches of varying types the one im hoping to find is a little pink cats face im thinking if i sew that on the turn up brim part on the centre of the pale stripe it will make it look like a central front featue rather than a miscalculation on my part as to how much wool i needed (well thats the theory anyway) i started a bunting last night as mil goes to a tuesday knitting group and theyve started doingf them last week but shes finiding her pattern complicated so i said id knit one in our pattern for her to see. my project after that is a set of kystige squares.
    I have a carrier bag of woolin our bedroom that i MUST use before i allow myself anymore (out of the attic the drawer underthe bed or the blackhole) DH said illhave to start knitting faster as its only a few months till carboot season starts and he remembers me claiming i had to buy all this wool to keep me going through the winter (non carboot months) he said i wont have room for anymore if i dont get all this knitted LOL.
    im going to ring mum this morning for an update, my poor mum really does have a lot on her plate at the moment, the worry of little lily, her own mum is just being assessed she has bad dementia, it wasnt picked up till my mum went over just after christmas and realised how bad she was, so advised nearer rellies to get a dr out- she got admitted as soon as the dr saw her and wont be going home again as theyve decided she too ill to care for herself and her partner is too old to cope- i dread to think what would have happened if my sister and mum hadnt visited and then mums poor dog is really really old and now blind - every time i visit i think i wont see him again but he clings on. so with lily, her mum and Barney its a lot for mum to cope with.
    F1 i made a batch of twinks hobnobs yesterday - and very ncie they were too i hope your sausage pinwheels turn out well. im sure they will
    hugs to all and special thoughts to the mia's
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • sock-knitter
    Options
    hello everyone, i'm back, not that i've been anywhere, just away in my own head iykwim
    hope i'm not too late to
    update
    1 blanket
    4 baby hats
    1 adult hat, for local homeless
    and 4 kystgys squares

hope my squares are ok, 2 are 6 inch square, and 2 are 6 and half inch square, dunno how that happened.
    been having another go at crochet, and have started a single bed sized blanket in half trebles, i have a feeling it will be a long time til its finished but i have mastered keeping the edges straight.
    big hugs to everyone, i have read all the posts, but having trouble remembering things due to meds.
    love the hex blanket, think it was pippa's
    chalky let me know if my squares will be ok, or if i need to redo them to make them all the same size
    love to all
    shaz xxx

loves to knit and crochet for others
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    thank you all for being nice and quiet - but it didn't work the phone went about 8.30am so we had to get up! Went quiet about 9.30pm last night so we thought that was the end of it - only to be awakened again just after midnight BUT THAT DIDN'T LAST MORE THAN 20 MINUTES....I assume either the cops were sitting up a road waiting for it to kick off again or someone phoned them. They have now all gone and seems the Mayor is in BIG TROUBLE, he maintains he only found out on Friday ......yeah likely story - being as the cut the overhanging trees on the wee road into the field about a week ago - he wasn't very pleased when I pointed that one out to him (we have been asking for months to have the ones on our access road done - with no luck - perhaps he will think twice about that one!)
    I see that F1 has posted a load of work she has done and Socky too, well I will just go and pop it all onto the spreadsheet for Kathy, cos I am looking for a reason to be sitting in the office - too cold in the sweatshop again today and I think I am still too tired to be working machines! Lots of cuddles to you all, will pop back when I get a chance.
    Jean
    xx
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    glad you popped in SK good to hear you are alright
    jean i hope that will be an end to the noise
    spoke to mum things still the same lily doing ok good days and bad days thankfully more good ones lola doing well and happy at home
    SPC~12 ot 124

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    edited 23 January 2012 at 5:19PM
    Options
    Well I have returned home( well sort of!!) after a wonderful couple of days getting to know William! Who in my unbiased opinion is just perfect!:rotfl:
    Poor DIL has a really bad dose of mastitis -- on her 3rd bout of antibiotics!! She has had such a rotten time .Such a shame. DS has just finished his paternity leave but at least they have had 2 weeks at home together. So far thankfully, William is very calm and chilled soo at least that is of some help to them.
    So on my return I was met with what I think is the extremeity of Opeartion broken house!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Upstairs!
    016.jpg

Downstairs!
    018.jpg

Today I am told it is the start of Operation Mended House but it looks more like a TB hospital to me!!!
    There are more pics on my blog if you would like a look!
    I have not had a chance to read back yet so I will pop off and catch uP.
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs M -- Great big gentle cuddles for you and your Mum -- What a difficult time.
    Shaz-- Those squares will be great -- Thank you so much for doing them.
    Jean!! Blimmin people -- I dont blame you for giving the mayor a nudge
    F1 -- I hope this week sees you even more determined to be a good ostrich !! xxxxx
    Kathy -- Lots of love!
    Pippa and Kinsey -- lots of gentle thoughts
    Gentle thoughts and love to all

Annakat and Seakay thank you for your beautiful squares-- Lappys coming along really well and they are keeping me very calm!!!
    Please feel free to join in Operation Stitch up anyone who is lurking or just MIA right now x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport