PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all the hugs and kind words, everyone. They are much appreciated.

Marru - I believe I was your Secret Santa swappee, and I want to thank you for that gorgeous tea cosy that you made for me. I shall take a photo tomorrow and post it on here for everyone to see. It fits my teapot perfectly; thank you very very much!

Salome - that is gorgeous! Well done.

Kinsey - hugs to your brother.

Pippa - hugs to you and your OH. You are going through a very stressful time, so I hope you can rest up. It's my DGS's birthday tomorrow, too! He'll be twelve years old; I can hardly believe how the years have flown by.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    15326.gif

Might even get to knock off early..................YIPPEEEEE

Pippa............I am full of remorse....there I was "assuming" I had that spreadsheet whipped into place properly........been and gone and fixed it now. If anyone else notices any mistakes - they are ALL MY OWN FAULT but please let me know and I can go and sort them out.

Jean
    x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2012 at 12:09PM
    Options
    morning all
    F1 special hugs for you my friend i hope all is well
    pippa i hope your OH is feeling a little better today good news that the Dr seems happy with how things are, also hope your appt goes well on the 24th. I hope your DGS has a wonderful day today we need a photo once hes mastered bike riding gladto see you got him all the safelty kit to go with it and getting it in a 'fun' design ensures hell be happ to wear it. cant wait to see the lappy photo
    Marru your stash looks lovely a nice mix there, how about using the reds green black and brown for stripy adult hats LH or salvation army will apprechiate them for the homeless, the lemon white and blue would be lovely for little cardis.
    jean what can i say youve sent my younest off to school with the biggest smile on his face - i'd left the piccy you posted on screen so he could see it when he came down for breakfast. when i opened the front door to let him out for school he did the most wonderful sniffy impression and squeeked ' your firends right, it smells like firday '
    kinsey hugs for you and your family particularly your brother
    chalky i hope you enjoyed your cuddly day yesterday and that things are progressing well with the WIP
    salome your blanket is beautiful.
    SK i hope you are well
    Kathy hugs for you as i know you need one
    Psso, i hope the mot passes without problem
    its wet and miserable here but i hope that doesn't dampen everyones spirits and you all have something in your weekend to smile about
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    I will start with a Friday funny - the other night DS. DH and I were sitting chatting when DH said he had news that his colleague's wife was expecting - which we are both pleased as they are both lovely - then said (in a nice way!) that they are so career minded he never thought they would have babies - DS piped up "I didnt know his wife was chinese" - oh we did laugh - career not Korea DS!

jean - love the pic very cute ! xx
    salome - blankets are lovely lovely colours xx
    marru - I believe that Lidl's have a wool promotion starting Monday - and it contains some sock wool xx
    kathy - sending loving thoughts to you and hugs xx
    kinsey - hugs for your brother xx
    mrs m - I really hope that little lily will be able to be home soon xx
    pippa - thank you so much for your kind words - you have so much on your plate and there you are offering help to me - your lovely! Im not surprised you are low you have done and gone through so much PLEASE take time to have a rest - take care of yourself - hope DH has perked up a little after being low last week - did you see the Greggs voucher on Martin's weekly update - thought of your DH xx
    psso - ooo MOT fingers crossed xxx
    isom - hope shiomi ok xxx
    sockknitter - have not seen you for a couple of days - hope you are ok xxx

I hope I havent missed anyone if I have Im sorry - hugs to you all xx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • Marru
    Marru Posts: 4,126 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »
    Thanks for all the hugs and kind words, everyone. They are much appreciated.

Marru - I believe I was your Secret Santa swappee, and I want to thank you for that gorgeous tea cosy that you made for me. I shall take a photo tomorrow and post it on here for everyone to see. It fits my teapot perfectly; thank you very very much!

Salome - that is gorgeous! Well done.

Kinsey - hugs to your brother.

Pippa - hugs to you and your OH. You are going through a very stressful time, so I hope you can rest up. It's my DGS's birthday tomorrow, too! He'll be twelve years old; I can hardly believe how the years have flown by.

KathyXX

Ooops, I did hesitate when posting the piccie yesterday if I get caught out and I did. I am so glad you liked it. :) Will have a good sit down with my little stash on Sunday when I have (hopefully) recovered from a nightmare couple of weeks at work.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    kinsey, you are such a kind person, the postman has just been and i am overwhelmed by the lovely selection of books and crossstitch things you have sent me.
    thank you so much
    if i hadnt already promised to bake for a friends DDs party this afternoon i know what id be doing instead - as it is im baking this afternoon and icing tomorrow morning but tomorrow evening i WILL be proing through these books
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    UPDATES
    1x Headband (OCC Boxes)
    4x Kiss the Geezers Squares
    1x Angel Pocket
    3x Baby Hats
    2x Baby Mittens
    1x Scarf
    1x AIDS Jumper
    1x Neckwarmer
    2x Boobs
    1x Childs Hat
    1x Adult Hat

Will update my sig - thank you xx

(please no alarm these have been lurking for a couple of weeks! sorry to make more hard work)
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Well I have had a wonderful day and have managed a bit of hooking amongst William time but also I have managed to read back over all the posts I have missed whilst mayhem has been going on in the house. I am in Bideford right now and have missed the last 3 days of house renovation which is about one hour and a half hours journey away but apparently a lintel feel from above a window and fell through the kitchen ceiling :eek::eek::eek:
    So how relaxing to take William out in the pushchair whilst DS and DDIL caught up on some well deserved sleep.

I am 60 very soon so this little chap has been very patiently and long awaited--- so I am going to make the most of every minute :j:j:j

I am making Geezer squares at the moment as they are so calming and the blankets will be so useful for the next Loving Hands challenge or for Mrs Twins. If you want to join in the fun please do!

I want to send gentle thoughts to all with their hands overflowing at the moment for so many different reasons. For everyone feeling poorly I hope things improve soon.
    Mrs Moneypenny -- I think of the twins often -- What a celebration when they are both at home.
    PSSO -- Little "j" has grown up so fast!
    Pippa -- Special thoughts to you and DOH
    Marru-- Your stash looks gorgeous
    Kinsey -- I do hope your brother is making good progress
    Kathy-- How is you BIL. I send lots of love
    May -- If you are lurking I hope life is better with you.
    Pfungi -- How is your new Grandson doing?
    Purple Teddy Bear -- I hope your children are growing well
    Salome -- Are you still busy with your home tutoring
    F1-- I hope every day is showing signs of a return to life without so much worry
    Shaz How are you?
    Toots I missed out a bit on the excitement -- how is everything going.
    To all our new friends who have joined us of late-- Knitter Nan .Old Tractor. Just Laura. Happy Crafter to mention a few -- Do drop in!

I am so sorry if I have not mentioned everyone but I did want to try and catch up properly whilst I have access to the internet at DS's house.BUT love to one and all x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    I have tried for aaaggges to download this pic but Imageshack didn't want to play, so had to copy and paste and..... at last here it is the hexagon blanket. I decided to make half hex's to straighten the edges up then edged it off. I wanted to make it
    bigger but ran out of the dark blue yarn, and as it was given to me I couldn't get any more. The other colours were from the crochet part works I started collecting a while ago.Turned out quite heavy as the blue is a cotton yarn. Pic not very good but you can see the idea I hope.:)
    The original pattern came from Attic24 blog by Lucy, she has some beautiful work on there.
    TTFN back later
    Anne
    xx

pict3926n.jpg
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Afternoon all! Well was thankful to make it to the end of the week; one of those where you cant do anything right and feel that a desert island trip would be a good idea! Babysat last night and they got back at 1.30am so am feeling it today so a quiet weekend for me...
    Pippa love the hex's! I am definately a hexagon addict! Im doing one for a friends baby at the mo but its a way off being finished!
    Chalky lovely that youre having a good time with family and having lots of william cuddles!
    Miol huge for you as you settle back in France; Did I get it right that you are going to return to the UK for good or did I get that wrong?
    Roaming how are you doing?
    Socky how are you doing? Hope the lack of posting means you are having a good time rather than struggling.
    F1 hows the debtbusting? Its exhausting in the early days...
    Shiomi went to the vet this am and is doing well but has to keep collar on until next Friday...she is ok with it but does look very funny in it! Will post a piccy if I can get her to stay still for a minute!
    Marru could you make a vesty top with the cotton?
    Hope all well...off to do some hooky.
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure