PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    pippa - that is a work of art :T:T:T I love it - you are clever! xxx

isom - dessert island sounds good to me but I always think log cabin up a mountain with a pool/hottup that you could look out onto the view in - dessert island may be a bit difficult to get supplies ie wool and food!:rotfl:

Yes the debt busting has been tiring this week to the point I could not see the wood for the trees so Im trying to clear my head today and just been doing housework grrrr now Im heading for the sofa with some woolly bits - maybe???
    Its grey windy wet and gloomy so just want to snuggle up - DS has been to football and is now all bathed and warm and now fed - he is upstairs playing - DH is out

Ive brought the bits to make sausage pin wheels - have not made them since school - not very stomach busting or healthy mind you - brought some puff pastry 99p and some bargain sausages (rather than bag of sausage meat) - I just fancied something warming and pastryish (iykwim!) since being told about the Vitamin D problem and trying to all be healthy we have lived on veg and fish & salad etc and now I just want stodge! and the other night (gone 9.00pm) i realised there was no fruit / cereal bars for the boys pack up so rather than an emergency trip to the garage where they would have been 2.50 or more I baked some biscuits - so I promise I am trying in lots of little ways - a lot of it in my case is thinking about buying / eating etc and not taking a quick convenient expensive alternative - anyway waffle over xx

marru - something for the cotton - Im not sure if I have the right idea or not but what about some wash clothes for presents (or yourself) - is this the right sort of cotton ladies??? but ISOM's idea of a vest top would be nice for the warmer weather xx

Hope you are all having a good day so far and are all ok xx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • f1widow
    Options
    oh and i have another confession / addiction - I appreciate I "came out" this week but can any one explain the sudden need to collect jars????? instead of recycling bin they are now washed and in my cupboard :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2012 at 5:55PM
    Options
    F1 - the jars are for the marmalade (saville oranges in the shops right now- or the cheats/cheap buy the mamaid stuff -just don't over boil it-usually squirt in a lemon or two to make it tangy/or grapefruit or DH is yelling WHISKY), the hedgerow fruit jam come the summer, the tomato chutney when you have a glut of them because you planted far too many of the little sods.......the lemon curd...just ask I will send the recipe for the micro...............etc - you get my drift?
    PIPPAs Wow what a fantastic blankie.....I really should put a hexy on to my list of to do on crochet........still doing the wavey one right now oh and the trial crib - not finished anything in ages, so I promise I will do better next week (well perhaps eh)
    ISOM - I am fine just been a bit down in the dumps EDNA BUCKET but I do believe I am on the up
    cuddles for you all, back tomorrow ....stuck in the office doing SORT OUT - tax year end is January in France and I could be doing with a bit more space in the filing cabinets.........
    xx
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    F1 -- READY TO FILL WITH PENNIES? I often think you almost need to pay yourself for being good, so how about every time you resist an impulse buy or bake instead of buy pop 50p in a clear jar and then as you see it filling up you will be spurred on some more.
    Another tip which always helps me is not to go shopping --- now I know that sounds a bit extreme but you really don't need anything til you go to the shops!
    For food shopping make it an eight day week if you normally shop once a week -- that extra day of eating from the freezer,store cupboard soon adds up and you get a free week somewhere along the line
    If you find you have random ingredients just google recipe for ---- whatever they are and loads will come up.
    Batch bake so that you always have an extra portion or two in the freezer--- if you add another tin of tomatoes to mince etc it makes it go further and lentils in soup is brilliant as it thickens and nourishes it. The stock from a chicken carcass can make so much soup with veggies and red lentils added

Just random thoughts as I am thinking of you a lot!

Pippa That blanket is truly scrumptious. I am in the middle of some starburst grannies at the moment and that is really heavy too!

DOH has arrived and is loving seeing William.
    DS and DDil have just given us a lovely photo frame with 8 gorgeous photos of them all. They are so sensible they were quoted 100's of pounds for a photo shoot so they spent 2 mornings and set it all up at home and the results are amazing--

Lots of love to one and all
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Me again

I was so fed up of trying to get Imageshack to work I thought I'd try Flicker so I have joined and put a lot of my photos on there, found MrsTwins over there as well. Tried to put the link in my sig but its not allowed so if anyone would like a look I am pippa-anne over on flicker :)

Thank you for the nice comments on the hex blanket, as ISOM says its very addictive

jean - thanks, all tickety boo now :D
    salome - love the blanket so nice and colourful
    f1 - GREGGS no I missed it... never mind thats another couple of pound that won't go on ;)...jam jars hmm are you thinking of making jam or chutney, and while I think of it... you had to go and do it didn't you I shall have to be up early on Monday now or there will be none left :rotfl::rotfl:
    Marru - hats are always needed and if you want you could double up the DK one strand each of two colours, makes a nice thick hat, and it doesn't matter what colours you put together they just seem to blend when you knit them up,squares are good, and scarves,or handwarmers and what about toys. As a few have said the cotton would make a lovely top,
    chalky - ooo starburst grannies ??? don't think I've seen those

I started a round cushion a couple of days ago with the last of the yarn left over from the hex blanket, and I am really enjoying doing it

Off for a :coffee:now
    Love to all and enjoy your evenings
    Anne
    x
  • f1widow
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks girls lots of chuckles in the last few posts

sorry Mr Pippa for "making" Mrs Pippa to Lidls on Monday but she does deserve it!

roamin - yes I have just heard of Marmaid fantastic invention for the cooking la la like me - and yes when its pay day Im buying some will need to save a couple more jars though before I make it - glad to hear you are feeling a bit more Jean and less Edna - big hugs xx ps Mr Roamin sorry wont be putting whisky in the marmalade but lime and grapefruit but thanks for the shout anyway - hug for Mr Roamin xxx

chalky - thank you for thinking of me lots - you are a gem - I have a cupcake money box (poundland before xmas DH brought it for me - this is now storing any change I find around the house ie laundry ladies perks :rotfl:

kathy - sending hugs and thinking of you xx

Still no news from Sock-knitter? been thinking of you

Im going to be doing a stock take of food cupboard and freezer and doing a meal planner and to give myself a treat Im stock taking the wool cupboard

Finished baby hat and Ive been knitting a couple of single hearts for a lovely lady from LH who lives nearby - met for the first time before christmas and she is off to India in February and I think she is knitting the hearts to sew on leaders blankets - she is popping over on Wednesday for a cuppa and a chat which Im really looking forward to

Waffling again sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry - thank you for letting me waffle - you would not know how much I appreciate it xxx
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    F1 - when I was at school (19 CANTEEN) I had a home ec teacher who asked us to come up with a really cheap but filling dish for the family..............mine was SAUSAGE AND BAKED BEAN PIE......As many sausages as you could afford (4 in my case - one for each of us) and tin of beans 1/3d from the mid week family allowance- pastry was rolled out into a square (make my own) the sausages were taken to bits and popped in chunks onto the top of the beans then the whole thing was assembled to look like an envelope, egg wash the top, gas mark 8 20 minutues served with that healthy scottish option CHIPS or that unhealthy scary English option Salad - I know I haven't made this very clear but it was just a lovely winter dish that only cost peanuts...........
    Mamaid can also have any citrus fruit squished into it.........will tell DH YOU have sent him a hug.........not sure he deserves it tho' I make marmalade from anything cirtrus' - it works but that tin of stuff is really cheap and doesn't take forever to boil down to the right setting point.
    MORPH CALLING OLSEN or in this case SOCKY - where are you at? Not seen you for a wee while Lovey? Hope you're OK? Keeping busy in the new home?

xx
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    pippa that blanket looks stunning
    F1 ive also got a jam jar collection i made marrow pickle last autumn which my mum loved and damson and apricot jam, ive got a tim of mamade lurking in the bak of the cupboard
    SK hope you are well and just too usy to pop in
    hugs to all
    got my friends cakes iced and delivered this morning been busy all day so flicking through my lovely new cross stitch books and finishing lolas hat tonight
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 January 2012 at 10:37AM
    Options
    Well this is a first - I have been trying to sleep with earplugs in.........but will now go to the garage and bring in the ear defenders from the tractor.................I live in this commune.....and the French LOVE TECHNO, so it seems I have heard the same music (?) loop about two dozen times now - the piece below is from the area newspaper Ouest-France - the thumping started about 9pm last night and has been going strong ever since. Seems they are both due to finish sometime today, cops are all around the area - there is no village within miles but the fella living next to the site keeps a pack of hunting dogs and they have been barking in time to the BEAT! When the one to the north of the commune closes down the one to the south can be heard.........good job the house is granite 3' thick walls. Don't expect we will get any milk from any cows in the area for a fortnight while they recover! Off for a walk to see just how 'organised' they are.

Ploërdut
    A "free party" north of Ploërdut and a second south of the village
    Facts diverssamedi January 21, 2012

The first "free party" (rave) started to develop in Ploërdut near Guemene-sur-Scorff, in the Morbihan. The "teufeurs" began to gather in the area of ​​Toulbahado. We just learned that a second "free party" is getting ready to start south of Ploërdut, near Kerourin.

For now, it has only forty ravers, rising equipment. The organizers expect up to 500 people for the first and 300 for the second. One is held on the occasion of an anniversary, the other humanitarian purposes. This is to raise funds for the benefit of Burkina Faso.

The police have identified the presence of over a thousand "teufeurs" to both "free party" (raves) that began Friday night in Ploërdut Gu!men! near-sur-Scorff in Morbihan. They evaluate to 400 the number of participants than Kerorin, south of the town. Participation in the northern Ploërdut at Toulbahodo is estimated at 350 people. The figures recorded at 4 am.

Both raves expected to continue until 13 h for 16 h and one for the other. "With a gradual decline of his," said Captain Mahec, company commander of the gendarmerie of Pontivy. The teufeurs are on private land, leased or loaned for the occasion.

There was no intervention by police or firefighters overnight. The police have planned traffic controls, especially on the alcohol, at the end of each "free party".

Perhaps an early night tonight will be called for!
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Ohhhhhh! Jean that sounds terrible! We think the Spanish love noise especially at Fiesta time but at least that is not rave music!!
    Have ggod days everyone -- We are going home today to carry on with Operation Broken House!! But it has been lovely spending a few days acuddling!!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport