PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    morning all, just catching up on posts, no knitting been done here, dont have the energy, feel so low, and sh again yesterday:(
    kathy, sounds like you had a wonderful time, and it willsoon be easter again
    isom, well done on treating yourself, we all need a treat now and again
    mrs mp, well done on finishing the cross stitch, i have one i started years ago, and its still unfinished

hugs all
    love shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    my trouble is i have hobbies that are very time consuming, and there just arent enough hours in the day to do everything i want to plus all the things i SHOULD.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Just popping in

004-1.jpg

Day 3 and we definitely do have a Nerw York Loft Style Apartment xx

Lovely to see everyone posting and I have just caught up with everyone's news. So lots of love to one and all

I am just managing Kiss The Geezers at the moment as it is both restful and soothing!!!!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • toottifrootti
    toottifrootti Posts: 6,427 Forumite
    Options
    my trouble is i have hobbies that are very time consuming, and there just arent enough hours in the day to do everything i want to plus all the things i SHOULD.

Mrs MP
    thats exactly the way with me too:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Forgive me sisters for I have rescued 6 balls of noro silk garden to make an incentive tank top (size 12!) for me!! On the needles and already looking gorgeous!
    hugs for those that need them :)
    oooooooooooooh ISOM that sounds fabulous. enjoy doing it.

shaz - take care and be kind to yourself.

chalky
    oh honey AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH seems the only words appropriate just now!!!! hope you are bearing up xx

I have been distracted and no woolly stuff done - I think this distraction will get worse before it gets better;);););):rotfl: watch this space as they say.

its lovely and bright here but chilly

love and hugs to everyone
    toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2012 at 3:59PM
    Options
    Hi all, hope you are all well.

Day off today so playing catch up as usual. Been food shoppping this morning so at least we will all have something to eat. DD is responsible for cooking on the days I`m working so the meals for this week have been planned and ingredients bought, then she will surprise us by deciding what to have every day. Just as well she can find her way round the kitchen/cooker.

Well, I`ve had to pick up the knitting needles again as my hooks are awol again. I think little J has had something to do with it this time as they were on the windowsill when I went to work on Saturday and when I came home they had gone. Hmm, they could be anywhere in the house now as he likes to pick things up and `tidy` them away. I still haven`t found the nozzle thing for my vacuum which went missing before Christmas :( and my house isn`t THAT big.

I tried starting one of the `5 hour sweater` thingummies........well I don`t know if the pattern was wrong somewhere or if it was me, probably was :o, but I kept getting the wrong stitch count and ripped it back several times. I`d have finished the darned thing if I hadn`t had to do that :rotfl:. Gave up in disgust eventually and cast on stitches for an Aids jumper instead. So far I have still the correct number of stitches ;)

Have been good and finished some of my ufo`s but there are still quite a few to do. Will do a big update when I get them all done.
    Have also done a batch of geezer squares.

Noticed the wool shop I pass going to work has sale posters up in the window and lots of balls of wool there too. Might have to have a nosy one day before going in to work to see what there is (maybe a rescue operation is called for) DD won`t be with me so no one to curtail my buying. She is such a bully and tells me to leave it alone:naughty: I don`t need it. I know I don`t NEED it but I WANT it. Therein lies the difference. Also, it`s not sweeties so I won`t put on weight, it`s not alcohol so I won`t end up [STRIKE]inedbrat, inebrai[/STRIKE] drunk,
    and it will keep me busy and off the streets. Job done I think.

BTW chalky, I thought I`d wandered on to the wrong forum today. Thought I was on a cowboy builders one! Hope your boys make a good job. I`m sure they will or you might just strangle them with wool.

Socky - hope you feel a bit less down today ((hugs))

Kathy - is the washing all done ? Won`t ask about the i***ing ;)

Toots - distraction sounds interesting. Come on, don`t keep us in suspenders, tell all.

Off to put the kettle on and do a few rows of knitting. Should be doing h****work but I`ll just have a wee relaxation time instead.

Back later.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2012 at 4:53PM
    Options
    Hello all
    chalky - oh dear you poor thing - its easy for me to say just think how lovely it will be when its finished but i would be a little apprehensive at this stage - its good of you to keep us informed though - very exciting - how is MIL? xx

toots - now its not fair feeding us a little info and then keeping us in suspenders?? :D:D:D - hope you are ok though? xxx

psso - oh I would not want to go shopping with your DS - spoilsport! (she could have a point with me though but nevertheless so unfair!!):D:D

sockie - keep your chin up love - im sure if you are anything like me when you have events like changing house etc you live on adrenalin for a few weeks/months and then my come down is awful - hang on in there we are here if you want us xxxx

mrs m - boo work!!! gets right in the way of hobbies im sure xxx

I have too many things I want to make / try / start / finish / use up (I think that covers all avenues!) - not helped along with programmes like the wonderful Kirstie Alsopp (Mrs A you have a lot to answer for Im easily led to trying new things - my cupboards are bulging!!! but dont stop making the programmes they are wonderful!)

kathy - lovely to see you back - I too felt so very sorry for you after reading your post - my lot are in this country and Im sad im not there with them so lord alone knows how you feel - but as they have said it will be easter before we know it - big hug xxx

roamin - hmmm hugs being sent to you due to your troubles - the basket was just great - :T:Tclever old stick (as my mum used to say when I was little still does sometimes!) - of course this then got me blog reading / hopping and a few hours were "lost" - there was a lady linked to the blog you gave out that makes the most amazing cards ooo wish mine looked liked hers - I will sit at the back of the class and try harder! xxx

pippa - oh the Greggs bag sounded just scrummy belly rumbled when I read it and is rumbling now! - hugs to you and DH xxx

knitter nan, seakay, kinsey, salome - lovely to see you xxx

notjustlaura - well done on your Sands Blankets - phew you are steaming ahead xxx

well I must depart - as per usual I missed updating I will next week as I have a small amount left over from last year plus the bits over christmas that I did not update (does that count:rotfl::rotfl: or is it cheating!!)
    Hugs to all xxx
    ps sorry if i missed anyone not intentional just my la la brain hugs to all xxx
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • toottifrootti
    Options
    psso wrote: »
    I know I don`t NEED it but I WANT it. Therein lies the difference. Also, it`s not sweeties so I won`t put on weight, it`s not alcohol so I won`t end up [STRIKE]inedbrat, inebrai[/STRIKE] drunk,
    and it will keep me busy and off the streets. Job done I think.

Toots - distraction sounds interesting. Come on, don`t keep us in suspenders, tell all.

well you have convinced me psso!!!!!

I am sorry psso and f1 :rotfl:- I didnt want to risk my luck saying more but dont want you wondering either!

I have a new friend of the male variety and I am like this >:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rotfl:

I have only been in touch since Friday and he doesnt know all my health problems yet but what I have told him hasnt put him off - we havent met yet:eek::eek::eek::eek: we made contact thro a dating site and have been chatting on the phone - I think we might meet up later in the week for a coffee first and see what happens. I am sooooooooo nervous as I havent had anyone in my life for such a loooooooooooooooooong time.
    Peace will be mine

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    well you have convinced me psso!!!!!

I am sorry psso and f1 :rotfl:- I didnt want to risk my luck saying more but dont want you wondering either!

I have a new friend of the male variety and I am like this >:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rotfl:

I have only been in touch since Friday and he doesnt know all my health problems yet but what I have told him hasnt put him off - we havent met yet:eek::eek::eek::eek: we made contact thro a dating site and have been chatting on the phone - I think we might meet up later in the week for a coffee first and see what happens. I am sooooooooo nervous as I havent had anyone in my life for such a loooooooooooooooooong time.

Wanders in and sits down.............................and awaits developments! :D
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Toots, we`re all agog now !!

Romance in the air..................ahhhhhh.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • toottifrootti
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Wanders in and sits down.............................and awaits developments! :D

PSML ROFL :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

psso you are all agog - so am I:rotfl: I cant really believe its happening:rotfl:
    Peace will be mine

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business